Are you watching less Cable TV due to the emergence of these 3 things in the past couple of years?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
1. Digital TV.......Channels like Antenna TV and Me-TV has gave new life to classic TV which has decreased the need to depend on TV land and Nick@Nite for old tv classics

2. Netflix/Hulu.........Gives you the option to watch lots of tv shows and movies on your computer instead of depending on channels like HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax

3. Youtube............you have the option to watch anything you want which can stem from sports, tv, reality, etc.

In 2014 I have watched less cable in the evenings due to Antenna TV airing all the old sitcoms from the 70's and 80's. And if I am not watching Antenna TV I am on youtube watching a old video of something funny. I only watch cable TV on

Saturdays and Weekdays nights at 1am when I am about to go to sleep which has decreased from everyday like it was 10 years ago. How bout you?

I watch less cable because the cost is so high that I've cut back to the most basic package available (which has a horrible variety of channels to choose from). I'm still paying $105.00 per month for crappy programming and mid-level internet speed. I was actually going to start a thread to find who's found a way to pay less and get more (both better/more TV channels as well as faster internet service).

I watch less cable because the cost is so high that I've cut back to the most basic package available (which has a horrible variety of channels to choose from). I'm still paying $105.00 per month for crappy programming and mid-level internet speed. I was actually going to start a thread to find who's found a way to pay less and get more (both better/more TV channels as well as faster internet service).

No way to pay less for cable and the internet because of the cost of Internet. My internet alone is 54,00 a month added to the cable

We have an internet and basic cable package, no contract, right now.

With Netflix, we absolutely everything we want.

I still watch cable TV but not as since I have Netflixs and Amazon Prime. When I do watch cable it's usually something I DVR and watch at my own leisure.

I still watch cable TV but not as since I have Netflixs and Amazon Prime. When I do watch cable it's usually something I DVR and watch at my own leisure.

I have Amazon Prime but I've already watched all the good stuff. Now I have to wait for them to add new and good content before taking advantage of that service.

I have Amazon Prime but I've already watched all the good stuff. Now I have to wait for them to add new and good content before taking advantage of that service.

I am pretty much in the same boat. I get more use of the free two day shipping part of my Prime then I do with the streaming service.

I am pretty much in the same boat. I get more use of the free two day shipping part of my Prime then I do with the streaming service.

I buy almost everything through Amazon. Most items are tax free with free shipping and the prices are very competitive. The amount I pay for "Prime" each year easily pays for itself.

I buy almost everything through Amazon. Most items are tax free with free shipping and the prices are very competitive. The amount I pay for "Prime" each year easily pays for itself.

It certainly does. I remember people getting upset about them raising the price for Prime and, while I get their concerns, it wasn't a large enough increase to make me cancel the service. I do almost of my shopping with them. It certainly makes shopping for Christmas a breeze. Now if only they delivered groceries...lol

It certainly does. I remember people getting upset about them raising the price for Prime and, while I get their concerns, it wasn't a large enough increase to make me cancel the service. I do almost of my shopping with them. It certainly makes shopping for Christmas a breeze. Now if only they delivered groceries...lol

Haha. I actually buy my Folgers Coffee via Amazon.

Forum List

Back