Are you sick and tired of calling Customer Service Reps you cannot understand, then they make you feel it is your fault.

I recently changed cell phone providers after an experience with one unintelligible and obviously untrained "service" agent. New company prides itself on its American-based service AND explored plans that ended up in my having slightly better coverage than the former company but at less than 1/3 the monthly price!

It DOES pay to shop around.

If you have the time.

Accents are tough when you're Vietnam era service connected disability hearing challenged. I try but it's tough. I read lips well but on a phone no lips and mask wearers no lips.

Communication is a two way street. When I tell someone I am deaf, most accommodate, look at me, speak slow, annunciate, louder, pull that stupid useless mask down so I can read their lips. Some like arrogant doctors do the opposite. Instead of facing one with their laptop they put it by the sink with their back to you and speak Hindi.

No, they do not speak Hindi to you. Fortunately, technology for the hearing impaired is improving all the time.

I recently changed cell phone providers after an experience with one unintelligible and obviously untrained "service" agent. New company prides itself on its American-based service AND explored plans that ended up in my having slightly better coverage than the former company but at less than 1/3 the monthly price!

It DOES pay to shop around.

If you have the time.
I have the time. Prob is there is no coverage. Trac fone and my old Bluegrass rented towers for coverage, worked. I have had others, they don't work. No choices here. Then shop around, T-Mobile/sprint does not work, same as AT&T and Sprint and verizon. I have heard talk, class action. I got Bluegrass because it worked, same as most Kentuckians. They transferred us, cost amost doubled for no service. Wifes phone hasn't worked since Nov 11 when Verizon took over. Rep says "it's our end" and 2.5 hours couldn't fix a thing.

Forum List

Back