Are you in the Christmas spirit?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I can't say I am, but I never am until... maybe Christmas day.

I don't have a Church anymore so I can't .. or probably won't.. go to Mass..

My family are miles away and we don't get along well anyhow..

so yeh.. bah humbug and stuff

I’m Jewish and I’m nice to everyone who doesn’t make up “facts”.

• Banned
I lost the Christmas spirit at about the age of 30.
Not having any kids around also made Christmas a lot less meaningful.
I h ear ya

it is mostly for children.. and the very religious. But again, I don't have a Church I care to go to.. little by little I began to be disenchanted w/ the novus ordo (new order) Francis "church" so called.. and then it seems God himself took over my search for Truth.. and led me to the Society of St Pius X (who was a fairly recent pope) and I began to understand where the general (often unconscious) disenchantment was coming from (namely: the heresies of Vatican II & their trickle-down effects). So that's why I may not attend Mass this Christmas, but I have to say, even the NO "church" can have some beautiful Masses at Christmas and other times.. I just can't stand the... uh... What's the word..? Well, there seems to be a caste system in the NO church. If you are not liked by the clergy (ie: don't contribute much money to the church) you are persona non grata.. also if you ask questions about Vatican II (in a critical or unapproving kind of way.. can't do that, i reckon)

I am. I just bought a ton of last minute shit and about 300 dollars worth of gift cards. I am officially done now.

Plus I got these for me yesterday. They were half off so I bought 2!
IMG_20221219_144324_457.jpg

I am. I just bought a ton of last minute shit and about 300 dollars worth of gift cards. I am officially done now.

Plus I got these for me yesterday. They were half off so I bought 2!
View attachment 740459

Christmas shopping always devolves into me shopping.
Picked up that Delonghi espresso machine before Christmas so I can tell the Wife I want a Crossbow for Christmas.
Although I dont think She'll fall for it.

• Banned
Christmas shopping always devolves into me shopping.
Picked up that Delonghi espresso machine before Christmas so I can tell the Wife I want a Crossbow for Christmas.
Although I dont think She'll fall for it.
you guys already know what your gifts are?

that's kind of .. sad?

one should open them by the tree on Christmas Day IMO

you guys already know what your gifts are?

that's kind of .. sad?

one should open them by the tree on Christmas Day IMO

Would you trust your significant other to buy you something you actually wanted?
Our gifts for each other always run in the multiple thousands of dollars,I sure as hell wouldnt want to spend that much and get the wrong gift and vice versa.
And you're the one who started a thread about how meaningless Christmas is.
So which is it?

Would you trust your significant other to buy you something you actually wanted?
Our gifts for each other always run in the multiple thousands of dollars,I sure as hell wouldnt want to spend that much and get the wrong gift and vice versa.
So which is it?
Well then! Here's my wish list this year....

IMG_20221219_063613_045.jpg

So which is it?
my, aren't we testy?

I was being a little facetious but I get it why you didn't get that.. it's the internet, after all

In any case, I am not gettting a gift for anyone, not that I know of anyhow.. If I see some child who looks like he or she could use an extra gift.. maybe.. but I don't know anyone who deserves such... (that I know of. .I don't know everyone I know very well..)

my, aren't we testy?

I was being a little facetious but I get it why you didn't get that.. it's the internet, after all

In any case, I am not gettting a gift for anyone, not that I know of anyhow.. If I see some child who looks like he or she could use an extra gift.. maybe.. but I don't know anyone who deserves such... (that I know of. .I don't know everyone I know very well..)
Go visit a senior center or a homeless shelter if you have nothing to do for Christmas.

my, aren't we testy?

Dont give me that shit.

I think people should buy gloves and coats and etc for the homeless and just tell the old family, who likely don't need a thing anyhow

I spent the money I would have spent on you on the homeless. They seemed to need it more

and anyone who gets ticked off.. well, then you just say

I knew you weren't worthy of any gift.. I rest my case. Merry Christmas, y'all!

laugh

In a world eclipsed by evil, living a life surrounded by evil, and as a citizen of a nation boldly overtaken by evil, showing the shine (even the dullest glow) of Christmas spirit can make the most dreadful of people remember times before; five minutes later they'll be back to worshipping evil in glowing screens but what the fuck . . . at least their hearts started beating again . . . for a few fucking seconds.

Usually, I am in the Christmas spirit, but this year the past few months have been really rough. My mom's sister passed away from brain cancer on Labor Day. My aunt's two kids are my most favorite cousins. Well sadly, their dad passed away on December 11th. My cousins were supposed to come to my area for Thanksgiving, but they ended up getting hit with Covid sickness at the beginning of November which caused them to lose their vacation ability from work. Because I thought that they were going to be here, I was lucky enough to have my vacation week from work be scheduled for the week of Thanksgiving too. Well both my mom and me ended up getting hit with strep throat on the Monday before Thanksgiving and so even if my cousins had been able to come here still, my mom and me being sick then would've ruined everything. Anyway, as you can probably tell by now, it has been one thing after another for me. My cousins are going to come here as soon as they can because I don't live far from where they want to place my aunt's ashes, but right now, I don't know when they will get to come here to east TN. They live in the Washington D.C. area.

God bless you and my family always!!!

Holly

P.S. My uncle's body was donated to science which is what he wanted done with his body.

Forum List

Back