Are you better off than you were 2 years ago?

My 401K is slurping donkey balls but that started before Biden, but otherwise I am better off. Has nothing to do with Decomposing Joe or MAGA man though. It is just that I am at the point in life where pretty much all the crap I have been working to get then pay off is gotten and paid off so I am coasting til Retirement Day comes.

Being retired other than the high grocery/gas prices it's pretty much a wash....I do very well in the alternate economy where FTF deals and cash is King but i know everyone does not have the time or is savvy enough to "wheel and deal". ;)

That said it's just the idea that the country is being run by a fuckin' Putz who, along with his band of elitist leftist turds, is hurting working people......That galls me no end.

No way for them to get ahead given inflation, food, fuel, daycare, and housing costs which has risen around 38% when you lump them together since the putz was installed like shitter in the WH.

Then you are seeing a huge decrease in personal savings....Indeed, people are maxing out their credit cards at a astounding rate just for rent/groceries, auto loan defaults are also way up.

My 401K is slurping donkey balls but that started before Biden, but otherwise I am better off. Has nothing to do with Decomposing Joe or MAGA man though. It is just that I am at the point in life where pretty much all the crap I have been working to get then pay off is gotten and paid off so I am coasting til Retirement Day comes.
Congrats. I retired in 2008. The best advice I can give you is to use the 60/40 rule.
60% in growth stocks
40% in income stocks
That split can weather the ups & down of the stock market. (Plus Social Security)

I was better under Trump.

Two years closer to the sweet release...

Family-Makes-Fudge-on-Headstone-FT-BLOG0921-5896e79e03fc4e279de6c8ab6f4bafb0.jpg

My brokerage account seriously started bleeding under "covid" but had recovered nicely before Trump was screwed out of office, and is now suffering again under Biden.

When Biden took office in January 2021, the DOW was at 29,982
Today it closed at 33,891

You must be terrible at managing money.

Attachments

• 304EFACF-E461-456F-8EDB-91BB5D1FEB9E.png
    304EFACF-E461-456F-8EDB-91BB5D1FEB9E.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DD599F97-B62C-4FDE-8357-50A4E5FA7BCE.png
    DD599F97-B62C-4FDE-8357-50A4E5FA7BCE.png
    237.7 KB · Views: 13
When Biden took office in January 2021, the DOW was at 29,982
Today it closed at 33,891

You must be terrible at managing money.
LIAR. Not that it makes a hill of beans to any argument. Who GAF what it was on 1/21/21. That was Biden's. On 1/19/21 it was 30,931
Trump also saw a drop from about 29K to about 18K (Obama's final #) and it rebounded in days.
How do you account for the 1000 point loss from 1/19/21 (Trump) to 1/21/21 (Biden)
The Dow increased about 10K during the Trump admin's four years. Biden has presided over a mediocre performance of about 3K in his two years and the Dow has barely held onto that. But not much more can be expected with the miscues of this admin and their treasury sec. You teach math, eh? LMAO.

Forum List

Back