Are you an early bird, night owl, bear or dolphin?

Are you a morning person, night person, in between or both?

• Early bird (Wakes up ridiculously early, goes to bed early)

• Night owl (No need to explain this one)

• Bear (In between the early and late risers)

• Dolphin (Light sleeper or insomniac who often wakes up early and goes to bed late)

• Other (Explain)

• I don't know, I just like voting in polls

• Pineapple 🍍

Results are only viewable after voting.
I go to bed around 9 PM and I wake up at 12 midnight, and then 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 so I feel draggy during the day and need naps :)

Oh my goodness, I hope you can find a way to sleep through the night. I just remembered a friend of mine sent me some natural sleeping pills, I think it might've been from Herbalife. I need to try that again, but taking 2 next time instead of one. Just to get to sleep earlier, once that's changed I've always been a good sleeper. :)

Now that I have east-facing room where I'm sleeping, I do see that first light and I am more willing to get out of bed, and seldom need an alarm clock. My sleep has also been better / steady than in years past, as I'm able to drift off to sleep almost right away.

Exactly.

That's how nature is supposed to work.

I'm asking this out of sheer curiosity. I'm a natural night owl who is trying to become an early bird. It hasn't been easy. 😝
Difficult to do. My Uncle Ed was a Marine, then a commercial pilot, and finally a precision machinist working the night shift for Texas Instruments in Dallas. After he retired he tried hard to readjust his biological clock to conform with most of the normal world but he never quite managed to do it.

When I was much younger, though a natural born night owl, I was able to adjust my sleep schedule to accommodate the 7 to 3 shift for most of my hospital jobs.

I do think it's easier to do when you're younger. After a certain age not so much.

The reason why I voted for "Other" is because for me, it varies. The earliest that I have ever had to set my alarm is 3 AM EST. I actually have to do it this Saturday, but for the rest of the week, my alarm will be set for 6-7 AM EST.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Next Tuesday, my alarm will be set for 5 AM EST.

Difficult to do. My Uncle Ed was a Marine, then a commercial pilot, and finally a precision machinist working the night shift for Texas Instruments in Dallas. After he retired he tried hard to readjust his biological clock to conform with most of the normal world but he never quite managed to do it.

When I was much younger, though a natural born night owl, I was able to adjust my sleep schedule to accommodate the 7 to 3 shift for most of my hospital jobs.

I do think it's easier to do when you're younger. After a certain age not so much.

I thought I read somewhere that as people get older they move to an earlier chronotype. But you're the second person who said that age didn't affect it. Anyway, yes it's difficult but I think if one has the motivation, it's achievable. :)

I am a night owl who pulls off the early bird shtick because often I am still awake when others are getting up.

I'm asking this out of sheer curiosity. I'm a natural night owl who is trying to become an early bird. It hasn't been easy. 😝

I'm definitely, absolutely, a night owl by nature.

But my present profession requires me to be an early bird.

Left to my own, I tend to fall into a cycle of going to bed around 03:00, and getting up around noon-ish.

But construction workers nearly always work a much earlier schedule, typically 07:00 to 15:30; often earlier in the Summer, in order to finish the day before it gets too hot. When I have to get up early enough for such a shift, I am very slow to wake up, and so typically end up having to get up around 02:00 to 03:00 in order to be awake enough to get to a shift that starts around 06:00 or 07:00.

The job that best fit my natural sleep pattern was in my previous profession, as a forklift operator at the now-defunct Campbell's Soup factory here in Sacramento. I worked “Second Shift”, from 02:00 to 22:30, typically got up at noon, and typically went to bed around 04:00.

I'm definitely, absolutely, a night owl by nature.

But my present profession requires me to be an early bird.

Left to my own, I tend to fall into a cycle of going to bed around 03:00, and getting up around noon-ish.

But construction workers nearly always work a much earlier schedule, typically 07:00 to 15:30; often earlier in the Summer, in order to finish the day before it gets too hot. When I have to get up early enough for such a shift, I am very slow to wake up, and so typically end up having to get up around 02:00 to 03:00 in order to be awake enough to get to a shift that starts around 06:00 or 07:00.

The job that best fit my natural sleep pattern was in my previous profession, as a forklift operator at the now-defunct Campbell's Soup factory here in Sacramento. I worked “Second Shift”, from 02:00 to 22:30, typically got up at noon, and typically went to bed around 04:00.

Wow, amazing that you can do that. Oh and I guess it was good that I enabled multiple votes, since you voted for both earlybird and night owl. ☺️

g'night! (I really should start winding down. Thanks for the reminder. :tongue:)

I'm asking this out of sheer curiosity. I'm a natural night owl who is trying to become an early bird.

Why? The early morning sucks. All it is good for is for reminding people we still have the same unresolved problems we did the day before, kicked farther down the street.

At least at night, 90% of the FU world has suspended itself from your life temporarily and you can tune out the insanity for a few hours.

Why? The early morning sucks. All it is good for is for reminding people we still have the same unresolved problems we did the day before, kicked farther down the street.

At least at night, 90% of the FU world has suspended itself from your life temporarily and you can tune out the insanity for a few hours.

Well, I didn't mean super early morning, but earlier. I think having more hours of daylight might be better for getting more done. But mainly it's just a personal challenge, since all my life I've been a late night person. Well, except the times I had jobs where I had to be at work at 8, but for the most part I purposely chose jobs that were more suited for my natural night owl inclination. (I do agree with you though, about tuning out the FU world for a few quiet hours, lol)

I thought I read somewhere that as people get older they move to an earlier chronotype. But you're the second person who said that age didn't affect it. Anyway, yes it's difficult but I think if one has the motivation, it's achievable. :)
I think for some older people it's simply a matter of fatigue. They go to bed earlier because they simply get tired earlier. But that isn't an issue for many of us. I take melatonin up to an hour before I need to get to sleep because of activities the next day and that does make me sleepy at a reasonable bedtime but evenso it is always 10 or 11 o'clock at the earliest. Without that I would be up to 2 or 3 every night.

first sleep...9 ish till 1 or 2...secound sleep...4 to 8 am

Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason for that or is it just your natural body clock? I guess you would be both earlybird and bear....so maybe 'other' :)

Forum List

Back