Are you a social conservative who supports civilized values?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
If you are appalled you live in a country that offers far more enthusiasm for gay marriage than heterosexual marriage you are a social conservative with civilized values. In fact, not only do liberals offer no enthusiasm they offer opposition to heterosexual marriage with their feminism, welfare, abortion and no fault divorce culture.

If you are appalled you live in a country that offers far more enthusiasm for gay marriage than heterosexual marriage you are a social conservative with civilized values. In fact, not only do liberals offer no enthusiasm they offer opposition to heterosexual marriage with their feminism, welfare, abortion and no fault divorce culture.

50% of marriages end in divorce, lack of 'enthusiasm' seems to be universal but never put it past a con-operative to try to use a dead fish for political gain.

When it comes to marriage, I find myself leaning towards something I heard Ben Shapiro say, the govt needs to just get out of marriage, completely. The govt sucks at everything, why should marriage be any different? The way things are going now I have no doubt the govt will be telling me that a few years from now I will be able to marry my fly rod. Oh and my fly rod is discriminated against by bait casting rods so my fly rod will receive an extra 100 points on the SATs.

This is true.

the govt needs to just get out of marriage, completely. The govt sucks at everything, why should marriage be any different?

well, that would be like saying the govt should get out of murder. Any society should have at least some shared values; opposition to murder being one, and opposition to marrying your fishing rod being another. Now that liberals have destroyed the church ( who created love and marriage much to liberal dismay) govt must step in to promote marriage no matter how poorly it will do at it.

50% of marriages end in divorce, lack of 'enthusiasm' seems to be universal but never put it past a con-operative to try to use a dead fish for political gain.

Divorce rates are at a 40-year low in America.

Sooo we should make divorce illegal?

And you realize no one HAS to get government married .

Homosexuality is a sin, but it is a minor sin, easily forgiven if done secretly so as not to cause scandal to children.

Open homosexuality is the sin of scandal, and Jesus Christ described scandalizing children as one of the worst of sins, deserving of especially harsh condemnation.

You don't have to know that much about Bible to understand that all men and women who practice homosexuality openly are damned to hell.

the govt needs to just get out of marriage, completely. The govt sucks at everything, why should marriage be any different?

well, that would be like saying the govt should get out of murder. Any society should have at least some shared values; opposition to murder being one, and opposition to marrying your fishing rod being another. Now that liberals have destroyed the church ( who created love and marriage much to liberal dismay) govt must step in to promote marriage no matter how poorly it will do at it.
Again, I am channeling the perspective of Ben Shapiro, he makes sense. The only interest the govt should have in marriage is in relation to child rearing, As much as I hate to say it that boat has sailed. At this point the fed govt is going to go along with my marrying my fly rod, so before the feds start saying my children would be better off living with my fly rod as opposed to me, get them the hell out of it. I'm being a bit absurd of course, but at this point I'm not sure it's any more absurd than the govt.

As far as the govt stepping in, that can only make matters worse.

When it comes to marriage, I find myself leaning towards something I heard Ben Shapiro say, the govt needs to just get out of marriage, completely. .....

Not happening.

The state defines the marriage laws because that is one of the basic functions of government. Saying government should get out of marriage is like saying the government should stop building roads or putting out fires. It makes no damn sense.

As far as the govt stepping in, that can only make matters worse.

thats pretty absurd. Values come from somewhere and often it is govt. Where do you think they come from? Our founders knew what laws we should live under and they did not include you marrying your fishing rod and many other crazy deadly absurd ideas that common liberal people would gravitate toward if left to their own devices

This is a false equivalency. Murder vs marriage... come on now. Now if you as a self proclaimed social conservative, you should believe in the first amendment, which states congress shall make no law concerning an establishment of religion, and the free exercise there of. So either you actually believe in this, or selectively believe in this. If a church wants to marry a man and a man, they have every right to do so. Government only got control of marriage because they wanted to stop blacks from marrying whites and created the marriage license. Now with recent gay marriage decisions the US still lost BC we got into an argument over what we wanted government to do, not over whether it should have that power in the first place.

as a self proclaimed social conservative, you should believe in the first amendment, which states congress shall make no law concerning an establishment of religion, and the free exercise there of.
that's really stupid since marriage in not a religion!! And govt could not establish it anyway because it has been established for 3000 years.

Forum List

Back