Are there any engineers here who understand how electric vehicles work?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Presumably, EVs don't have pistons. Spark plugs?

I mean, really, I don't have a clue what their engines look like and I'm sure most Americans here can say the same

I found a picture of an EV engine

1705595819837.png

I saw cars getting electrical charges at a station some time ago and noticed there is no place to put a card to pay for the charge. So how does this get paid for?

Just want to know, is all... The car I kept my eye on was there over 1/2 hour. Getting gas doesn't take that long but anyhow.............

Last edited:
They have a big battery that drives an electric motor that turns the wheels (plus a lot of computers, wires, switches, relays, 'n other 'lectrical stuff).

I am not against EVs and probably most conservatives are not.

But there was the story of the exploding EV bus... OMG. Well, it caught on fire... forget the explosion thing but once a vehicle catches on fire, it can explode.

Then there's the fact that if too many people are charging at one time in certain areas, it can affect the grid and cause black outs

America is not ready for them.

I mean, really, I don't have a clue what their engines look like and I'm sure most Americans here can say the same

View attachment 889788

I saw cars getting electrical charges at a station some time ago and noticed there is no place to put a card to pay for the charge. So how does this get paid for?

Just want to know, is all... The car I kept my eye on was there over 1/2 hour. Getting gas doesn't take that long but anyhow.............
have you never had a remote control anything??

how about a battery powered anything??

View attachment 889788

Do you have a cordless drill?

The motors in EVs work just like that

Do you have a cordless drill?

The motors in EVs work just like that
i ws going to buy one the other day but figured I wouldn't need it much and there were 3 parts you have to buy .. kind of spendy for someone not needing it much

i ws going to buy one the other day but figured I wouldn't need it much and there were 3 parts you have to buy .. kind of spendy for someone not needing it much

If you don't need a top of the line drill try getting one at Harbor Freight. or you might be able to find a reconditioned one on Amazon

Forum List

Back