Zone1 Are the Roma Gypsies Europeans or not?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
Independent of what others say, I find it interesting what the Roma themselfes say. I asked in a Serbian Roma group. Because it could be possible that Roma do not even self-identify as Europeans. Right? It is a interesting question whether Roma are Europeans or not.

I wrote:
Good morning. Are Roma Europeans or not? Many Racists from all over Europe claim that Roma are not European. From a Genetic point of view "Roma Origin" is 80 or 85% Westerneurasian and maybe 15% Aborginal Ancestral Southindian. On genetic tests, people who are 100% Roma are 60% from some European countries like Greece, Cyprus and so on and 40% from somewhere in modern South Asia like India, and so on, and the Middle East like Iran, Anatolia and so on. Ancestry.com grouped the Roma into Europe, when you look at the map, the Roma are marked in the Balkans and Central Eastern Europe, and even the Roma DNA component itself was called "Eastern European Roma".
Do we Roma understand ourselves as Europeans? I think I'm European, what do the rest of you think?
My Results from Ancestry.com

Im curious what they will say, the other Roma will say, I said I think im a European

I'm not sure, but I think you are the only Roma on USMB. Doubtful you will find what other Roma think about that since there doesn't seem to be any here to respond.

Independent of what others say, I find it interesting what the Roma themselfes say. I asked in a Serbian Roma group. Because it could be possible that Roma do not even self-identify as Europeans. Right? It is a interesting question whether Roma are Europeans or not.

I wrote:
Good morning. Are Roma Europeans or not? Many Racists from all over Europe claim that Roma are not European. From a Genetic point of view "Roma Origin" is 80 or 85% Westerneurasian and maybe 15% Aborginal Ancestral Southindian. On genetic tests, people who are 100% Roma are 60% from some European countries like Greece, Cyprus and so on and 40% from somewhere in modern South Asia like India, and so on, and the Middle East like Iran, Anatolia and so on. Ancestry.com grouped the Roma into Europe, when you look at the map, the Roma are marked in the Balkans and Central Eastern Europe, and even the Roma DNA component itself was called "Eastern European Roma".
Do we Roma understand ourselves as Europeans? I think I'm European, what do the rest of you think?

Im curious what they will say, the other Roma will say, I said I think im a European

Two possibilities, Mort. European or Palihoovian.

Given your obvious links to fat tribes , the likelihood is that you are from some primitive group from what we now know as north America .
We know the Vikings travelled to north america because of their worship for fat people and you are probably the result of a tragic Viking and old American tribal mix .

I wrote:

Yes.

Greg

Given your obvious links to fat tribes , the likelihood is that you are from some primitive group from what we now know as north America .
We know the Vikings travelled to north america because of their worship for fat people and you are probably the result of a tragic Viking and old American tribal mix .
Dost thou really need to be a twatgrommet ALL the time, pos!!?

Greg

Dost thou really need to be a twatgrommet ALL the time, pos!!?

Greg
Not a nice way to speak to my Household Help , Morticia . She may not be the brightest but she is very sensitive .

Palihoovians are pretend people who pretend they have a country.
Because we have no other choice. But we are becoming more and more politically organized, even represented in the UN as a nation without territory. I believe the Roma do not belong in Asia, but in Europe. The Roma only came into being when they came to Europe, the Serbs only came into being as a people when they came to the Balkans, the difference is that the Roma didn't found a state, or an empire, didn't have an army, etc. that's why you can push them around, but otherwise it's similar. The Roma were previously proto-Roma or predecessors, but not Roma. Only when they came to Europe did they become Roma, which is why the Roma belong to Europe and because most of them also live in Europe and in the colonies such as the USA or Brazil but from Europe immigrated from there.

They came to Europe because there was better shit to steal...

Screenshot_20230213_061452_9GAG.jpg

They came to Europe because there was better shit to steal...

View attachment 857854

Gypsies live in unsanitary conditions, like unhygienic unsanitary conditions, and poor conditions, they steal, they begg etc. that is why they are looked down, and recycling trash from the trash bin etc.... in that sense they are truly untouchables and filthy....

but nowadays more and more gypsies, become educated, and they dress like normal people, they are civilised, if gypsies appear normally dressed and civilised they could rather be europeans, clothes make people and behaviour, mentality etc...

Roma as a whole have more European haplogroups than Indian ones, although they also have Indian ones, especially the mtdna is mostly European, the ydna is more often Indian than the mtdna. And some Greeks are also very dark, especially those from the islands and Cyprus etc. and many Roma are not that dark either. You have to see the Roma as a whole, of course there are very dark ones, but there are also blonde ones, even in my family only a few.

A cousin of my mother, the children in the cover are her brother's, the girl is dark and the boy is blonde, but both of her parents are Roma

---> Youtube Video Thumbnail

Even if they would not look exactly european, they would look better, some say "money whitens" that is true, with suit etc. i look more white then in rag clothes....

Here beautiful "race of people"
384781308_652257530340666_6393033639135773034_n.jpg

You can definitely let the Roma be Europeans if you also call some Cypriots Greeks and Europeans

Gypsies are only ONE of the "travelling peoples".

In Romania and other places they have villages and towns but it is true that they are not well serviced by Governments. Their "status" is mostly due to poverty.

Also the Nazis murdered at least hundreds of thousands of Roma, a large percentage in Europe at the time.

One of the best books I've ever read: The Romany Rye

Greg

It was hard for the Roma to put down roots with the prevailing attitudes of the time.

Greg

I wrote:

of course you are!

Forum List

Back