Are The Founding Fathers Still Dear to the Right?

There were a couple hundred of them; those at the Constitutional Convention should be included as well. Between them they all had something or other that both the left wingers and right wingers would rather not be known or taught in schools, since that would make hash out of ideological rubbish both lunatic fringes spout. Their 'Genius' was in how they handled their disagreements and resolved them, mostly via embracing the rights of individual states to decide their own issues and restricting the Federal government's allowed functions.
Well, if we are talking about the attendees at the Convention, I am kind of partial to Roger Sherman since I'm originally from Connecticut.

He was my kind of politician. Upon being invited to a bridge opening ceremony, with all the attendant hoopla, music, bigwigs, and such, he was the guest of honor and was expected to make the usual grandiose speech.

Sherman walked out onto the bridge while everyone looked on. He marched back and forth a couple times, stomped his foot on the planks, and then pronounced, "Looks sound."

And that was the entirety of his speech. :lol:

that was merely a financial swindle that lined the pockets of his cronies. I generally agree with the rest of your post. His cronies had spent a few months previously buying up states' bonds for pennies on the dollar, as well as script used to pay Continental Army debts and payroll, and then they voted for the debt assumption at face values and payable in gold. Many of the state bonds were bought for 10 cents on the dollar. It was a massive screwing over of the soldiers who fought in the war on top of that. It was one of the main reasons Jefferson wanted the Federal capital out of New York City and near Virginia, his home state, so he cut a deal with Hamilton and the Federalists.
Outstanding. Bang on.

The famous dinner table bargain between Jefferson, Madison, and Hamilton.

The Federalist is widely regarded as the blueprint for the constitution.
The Federalist Papers were letters John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton, under the pseudonym Publius, wrote to three New York papers to convince the public to ratify the Constitution. The Constitution had already been written.

The Federalist Papers were letters John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton, under the pseudonym Publius, wrote to three New York papers to convince the public to ratify the Constitution. The Constitution had already been written.

"The 'Federalist' may fairly enough be regarded as the most authentic exposition of the text of the federal Constitution, as understood by the Body which prepared & the Authority which accepted it."

- Madison, February 8, 1825

Additionally...

In the above-noted resolution of the University of Virginia Board, The Federalist was lauded as "being an authority to which appeal is habitually made by all, and rarely declined or denied by any as evidence of the general opinion of those who framed, and of those who accepted the Constitution of the U.S. on questions as to its genuine meaning."

"in my opinion, the best commentary on the principles of government which ever was written." - Jefferson, 1788

"The 'Federalist' may fairly enough be regarded as the most authentic exposition of the text of the federal Constitution, as understood by the Body which prepared & the Authority which accepted it."

- Madison, February 8, 1825
Right. The Federalist Papers were not the blueprint for the Constitution. They were the description (exposition) of the Constitution. They could not have been the blueprint for something which already existed.

The Virginia Plan was the blueprint.

"As the perusal of the political papers under the signature of Publius has afforded me great satisfaction, I shall certainly consider them as claiming a most distinguished place in my Library. I have read every performance which has been printed on one side and the other of the great question lately agitated (so far as I have been able to obtain them) and, without an unmeaning compliment, I will say, that I have seen no other so well calculated (in my judgment) to produce conviction on an unbiased Mind, as the Production of your triumvirate. When the transient circumstances and fugitive performances which attended this Crisis shall have disappeared, That Work will merit the Notice of Posterity; because in it are candidly and ably discussed the principles of freedom and the topics of government, which will be always interesting to mankind so long as they shall be connected in Civil Society." (Emphasis per original.) - George Washington

The Founders were very well-written. Highly intelligent people.

The representatives of the modern world seem like cartoon characters in comparison.

Right. The Federalist Papers were not the blueprint for the Constitution. They were the description (exposition) of the Constitution. They could not have been the blueprint for something which already existed.

The Virginia Plan was the blueprint.

I don't know if you like to read or not, but if you ever want to read a really good book, I highly recommend "The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles'', by Hamilton Abert Long, 1976.

I don't know if you like to read or not, but if you ever want to read a really good book, I highly recommend "The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles'', by Hamilton Abert Long, 1976.
I love to read! Especially history.

Thanks. I've added to my reading list. I will start it as soon as I finish the book I am reading now.

I looked it up on Audible but they don't have it. I guess I'll have to absorb it the old-fashioned way. :)

I love to read! Especially history.

Thanks. I've added to my reading list. I will start it as soon as I finish the book I am reading now.

I looked it up on Audible but they don't have it. I guess I'll have to absorb it the old-fashioned way. :)

I have a digital copy. It's around 30 mb. If you shoot me pm I can ''loan'' it to you.

Perhaps you mind like to give us all some lessons in grammar considering you swallowed a dictionary when young.

Alternatively, you could admit my statement is correct and you hate being told the truth.
I can always tell when a brain dead Republican is out if ammo. They attack the grammar, speech and the bio. Happens all the time. Just like you have.

Can you please check my use of the English language? I was born in communist China and don't want to make it obvious.

🖕🖕🖕🖕
Stupid fuck.

Communication cannot happen unless there is a standardized agreement on word definitions and how they are used.

When you deliberately twist the meaning of words to fit an agenda or an ideology, you have zero credibility.

Since your a fuckwad progressive Biden supporter, you had none, to begin with.

The Founders were very well-written. Highly intelligent people.

The representatives of the modern world seem like cartoon characters in comparison.
I love reading books and articles written in that period, as well as the 19th century. Masterful usage of the English language.

Stupid fuck.

Communication cannot happen unless there is a standardized agreement on word definitions and how they are used.

When you deliberately twist the meaning of words to fit an agenda or an ideology, you have zero credibility.

I'm still interested in your opinions about Thomas Paine.

Stupid fuck.

Make no mistake dickhead. My words were used correctly and understood by you. The problem is you don't want to hear criticism so you deflect into the language etc as if you are an English expert.
You're just another brain dead hate filled ignoramus

For instance, Hamilton disagreed strongly with Jefferson and Madison on the amount of power the central government should have. Jefferson and Madison believed in a decentralized agrarian economy while Hamilton believed in a strong central government with a central bank and the assumption of all the states' debts from the Revolutionary War.
The differences of opinion between Jefferson and Hamilton have been GROSSLY overblown by you commie leftists SOLELY to discredit Jefferson.
So I am wondering if the Right still worships Thomas Jefferson, for example. He used to be often cited by the Right, but I hardly ever hear his name mentioned any more.
Clean out your ears.
My personal favorite Founding Father was James Madison. His clarity of thinking in the letters he wrote for the Federalist Papers demonstrates a clarity of thinking which reminds me of Paul in the New Testament.
I agree. And Madison was VERY similar to Jefferson, but because Jefferson penned the Dec of Independence, which the left hate, Jefferson is the target.
So what are your thoughts on Thomas Jefferson (author of the Declaration of Independence), Thomas Paine (author of Common Sense), James Madison (father of the Constitution), et. al.?
They were classic liberals (libertarian-like), like me.

What do YOU think about them?

I'm still interested in your opinions about Thomas Paine.
He wrote this, in Common Sense:

SOME writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins. Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer. Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence; the palaces of kings are built on the ruins of the bowers of paradise.

That's pretty much in line with my beliefs.

Government is rarely the solution to any problem, but can be the cause of nearly every problem.

The differences of opinion between Jefferson and Hamilton have been GROSSLY overblown by you commie leftists SOLELY to discredit Jefferson.

Clean out your ears.

I agree. And Madison was VERY similar to Jefferson, but because Jefferson penned the Dec of Independence, which the left hate, Jefferson is the target.

They were classic liberals (libertarian-like), like me.

What do YOU think about them?
Madison is my favorite founding father, with Jefferson second.

Forum List

Back