Are the cops COWARDS?

Do you think police active shooter policy needs to change?

• Yes, allowing an active shooter more time to kill is cowardly

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
There shoulda been 4-5 Combat Experienced Alpha Males who formed up a Stack and made Entry and engaged the Shooter ( When there were almost 130 LEOs on Scene ) but alas they needed a Tactical Team and Special Ballistic Shields lol

Almost all of whom were armed with M16s -- an actual weapon of war.

But, good to know we never have to worry about the police trying to confiscate our ARs - right?

A couple of them got hit and that was it. They were done for the day. It was time for somebody else to go get the baddie. If ordered to round up AR’s the cops wouldn’t do it. Not because they are Patriots dedicated to the Second Amendment. But because they are scared. Congress would have to authorize air support to get the cops close enough to see the guy.

As the REAL facts are slowly trickling out we now know the cops left that nut in the classroom with those kids for an hour before going in. That is just unacceptable cowardly acting/policy imo. No wonder those parents were screaming at the cops.

If you're a cop you signed up to SERVE AND PROTECT so do your fucking job. There is no policy or possible excuse for leaving a lunatic child with a gun in a classroom for an hour.
Become a cop then.

A couple of them got hit and that was it. They were done for the day. It was time for somebody else to go get the baddie. If ordered to round up AR’s the cops wouldn’t do it. Not because they are Patriots dedicated to the Second Amendment. But because they are scared. Congress would have to authorize air support to get the cops close enough to see the guy.
As i said:
But, good to know we never have to worry about the police trying to confiscate our ARs.

Here is what dumbass, boot licking, Jason Whitlock had to say.

While I think the cops royally fucked up here, I think that the anti-cop atmosphere that has been created by Dimocrats, and groups like BLM, may indeed played a role in the hesitation to rush in.
Not saying it's right, but Jason Whitlock's comments are not too far off.

"I'm not defending the actions of the officers. But we've demonized law enforcement to the point that there are far fewer rewards for being a hero, for taking risks. When your culture makes George Floyd the hero, real heroes stand down. Cultural rot has consequences."

Playing devil's advocate here:

The on-scene police commander should have been in contact with the school administration, specifically the principal and the security chief or vice-principal. If not, why not? The top priority had to be the safety of those kids for both the cops and the school admin, and somebody dropped the ball. Maybe several somebodies.

Did the school admin tell the cops the building was secure and the children were not in danger? And even if they did, with over 100 hundred cops on scene did nobody think to circle around behind the shooter and check the doors back there? Did nobody think to secure the other sides of the building for a possible accomplice? How does the shooter gain unimpeded entry to the school? I'll never understand how the cops could let that happen.

Then there's the school admin. How do you not send people to double check every external door to make sure it is locked and secure while the shooter is firing for 12 minutes at the cops? Reports are that the door was unlocked, and that is unforgivable.

Lastly, if I'm a teacher inside that school I would've tried to barricade the entry into my classroom with everything I could so the shooter couldn't shoot my kids. Did nobody including the teacher have a cell phone? Why didn't the cops tell the adults in the school to protect their kids any possible way they could? After all the school shootings that have taken place in this country, how can there be any teacher or administrator that hasn't planned for and trained for such a contingency? Maybe they weren't allowed guns but they could've had tear gas or something similar, right?

Bottom line: a lot of people entrusted with keeping those kids safe fucked up.

While I think the cops royally fucked up here, I think that the anti-cop atmosphere that has been created by Dimocrats, and groups like BLM, may indeed played a role in the hesitation to rush in.
Not saying it's right, but Jason Whitlock's comments are not too far off.

"I'm not defending the actions of the officers. But we've demonized law enforcement to the point that there are far fewer rewards for being a hero, for taking risks. When your culture makes George Floyd the hero, real heroes stand down. Cultural rot has consequences."

Nonsense.

Absolute Crap.

Look. The cops just watched a week worth of discussion over Buffalo. Right now Scot Pederson is facing trial for not going into the school at Parkland. So the Policy, the procedure, and the public belief is you go in. They didn’t.

Blaming that on anyone else is a bullshit excuse. It is easy to explain doing the right thing. It is always easy to explain doing the right thing. What you are supposed to. It is a pain in the ass to come up with excuses for not doing what you are supposed to.

So save the bullshit excuses about how it was anyones fault but the guys who said they would go in when they took the job.

People seem to ignore this was more than an active shooter, it was also a hostage situation. The cops going in guns blazing would put more people at risk. Proper planning takes time, an hour is not unreasonable when considering all factors.

People seem to ignore this was more than an active shooter, it was also a hostage situation. The cops going in guns blazing would put more people at risk. Proper planning takes time, an hour is not unreasonable when considering all factors.

Not in the 1st 12 minutes when the shooter was outside the building. They should've taken him down right then before he ever got into the school in the 1st place. It was IMHO dereliction of duty not to. AND the school admin should've made sure every external door was locked so the shooter couldn't get. That's 2 royal fuckups right there that would've prevented any deaths except for the gunman and possibly some cops. Which is what they signed up for when they accepted the badge and the gun.

Not in the 1st 12 minutes when the shooter was outside the building. They should've taken him down right then before he ever got into the school in the 1st place. It was IMHO dereliction of duty not to. AND the school admin should've made sure every external door was locked so the shooter couldn't get. That's 2 royal fuckups right there that would've prevented any deaths except for the gunman and possibly some cops. Which is what they signed up for when they accepted the badge and the gun.
Blame BLM and liberals for the cops not dropping that degenerate freak on the street. There might been have riots had the cops killed a fleeing, brown, LG through Z degenerate, whether armed or not. The school doors being unlocked is on the school, not the cops. The cops got dealt a shitty hand and did what they thought was best. Second guessing them after the fact is disingenuous.

As the REAL facts are slowly trickling out we now know the cops left that nut in the classroom with those kids for an hour before going in. That is just unacceptable cowardly acting/policy imo. No wonder those parents were screaming at the cops.

If you're a cop you signed up to SERVE AND PROTECT so do your fucking job. There is no policy or possible excuse for leaving a lunatic child with a gun in a classroom for an hour.
FTyPPzrWQAM4QFe

Nonsense.

Absolute Crap.

Look. The cops just watched a week worth of discussion over Buffalo. Right now Scot Pederson is facing trial for not going into the school at Parkland. So the Policy, the procedure, and the public belief is you go in. They didn’t.

Blaming that on anyone else is a bullshit excuse. It is easy to explain doing the right thing. It is always easy to explain doing the right thing. What you are supposed to. It is a pain in the ass to come up with excuses for not doing what you are supposed to.

So save the bullshit excuses about how it was anyones fault but the guys who said they would go in when they took the job.

They fucked up, okay? Still, the anti-cop atmosphere that YOU GUYS on the left side of the aisle have created is OBVIOUSLY playing on the minds of every cop in this country when they get up every single morning!

So to hell with Serve and Protect. Fine a new line of work if you don't want to do your job.

But why should they?

Why would anyone?

Nevermind--society is answering that question daily. Cops and teachers are quitting and no one is replacing them. Wow what a shock.

Yes they’re cowards. They stood around and just waited for all those children to get killed.

I can’t remember which documentary I watched on Columbine, but it was the exact same mistake. The police left the Columbine shooters alone as they secured the perimeter. What we found out later is that most of the killing happened during this time.

Police realized that in these kinds of situations, they need to get in there. They knew this. They still botched it.

I could be wrong. They have been inconsistent on what happened and it’s frustrating. But that’s where I’m at now.

Arming teachers is a stupid idea. We can’t even get police officers to adequately handle these situations. What makes you think teachers will?

What is the source for this timeline? Not disputing it, but there are other reports that say the shooter spent 12 minutes outside the school shooting presumably at the cops.

What is the truth here?

OK, here is a source:

Three days after the massacre, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw spoke to reporters at a press conference and laid out the actions of 18-year-old killer Salvador Ramos and the inaction of police officers on the scene.

11:28 a.m.: Ramos crashes his vehicle in a ditch outside the school. Two men at a nearby funeral home hear the crash and run to the scene. However, they see a man with a gun get out. Ramos shoots at them but misses.

11:31 a.m.: Ramos, standing outside, begins shooting at the physical school building.

11:33 a.m.: Ramos enters the building. He shoots in “Room 111 or Room 112,” according to McCraw. In just the opening few minutes, he fires at least 100 bullets.

OK, it's hard IMHO to bitch about the cops if this is the true story. I don't see how they could have prevented to shooter from entering the school.

11:35 a.m.: Three officers with the Uvalde Police Department enter through the same door that Ramos did. A four-man team follows them shortly afterward, including three Uvalde officers and a deputy with the Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office. Two of the first three officers move straight toward Ramos. He shoots at them, and they’re grazed by bullets, according to McCraw.

11:37 a.m.: Another several rounds are fired.

11:51 a.m.: Uvalde Police Department higher-ups and other agents begin arriving on the scene.

12:03 p.m.: As many as 19 law enforcement officers have gathered in a hallway outside the classroom where Ramos is barricaded. A little girl in Room 112 calls 911. Police did not specify which room Ramos was in, or the school floor plan.

12:10 p.m.: The girl in Room 112 calls 911 again and says multiple people have been shot dead..

12:13 p.m: The girl calls 911 for a third time.

12:15 p.m.: Members of a Border Patrol tactical team arrive.

12:16 p.m.: The girl calls 911 again, says eight or nine kids are still alive.

12:19 p.m.: A different girl, from a different classroom, calls 911. She hangs up when a classmate tells her to.

12:36 p.m.: The first girl once again calls 911.

12:46 p.m.: On a 911 call, the girl says she can hear the police outside.

12:50 p.m.: The Border Patrol tactical team storms the classroom and kills Ramos.

Last edited:
They fucked up, okay? Still, the anti-cop atmosphere that YOU GUYS on the left side of the aisle have created is OBVIOUSLY playing on the minds of every cop in this country when they get up every single morning!

Again. Bullshit. I am in Transportation. I used to drive Trucks over the road. And let me say this. Everyone hates truckers. Every State has a Police Force just for the Truckers. Every state. Car drivers detest us on the road holding them up. Cities pass laws that we can’t park there during our time off. If an accident happens the Rrucker better have ten camera views to prove he isn’t at fault. Or he will be. Editorials about how rude the truckers are are in every paper at least once a year.

Shortages in your local store? Truckers. They’re to blame. Lazy bastards.

So don’t whine about anti cop nonsense when Truckers have been putting up with it for decades.

You say cops are blamed for Floyd. Well they should be. The cops fucked up. Chauvin fucked up.

And the rest of the nonsense. Bullshit really. Is just as bereft of truth.

And they can do the job properly. By the book. And effectively.

Do you know why the cops are not as good. Or as effective anymore? Because Sheepdogs aren’t joining. The people joining are guys who got picked on in high school and are looking for revenge. That is why they overreact when someone says something to them. Or insults them. It is instinctive. They are back in High School getting tormented.

That is why they didn’t rush in. That is why they stood outside. Fear of death. The baddie didn’t fear them. And other than intimidation and brutality they like all thugs have nothing behind it.

Blaming anyone else but them is immature and bullshit. And that is how Guns will end up being restricted and banned. Because those at fault. Those responsible won’t accept it. They’ll claim it was someone else’s fault. The cops don’t accept that when they are talking to a guy who has drugs in his car. Why should we accept it now?

It is bullshit. And you aren’t helping them by pushing it. You are hurting them. The sooner they look in the mirror and say that the change must start with me. The sooner they become what they should already be. Or they quit and make room for someone who might actually do it.

Forum List

Back