Are sex robots a danger to human intimacy?

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
The race is on to develop the first commercial sex robot for the mass market, the journalist Jenny Kleeman describes what they look like and how they work. And, Dr Kathleen Richardson, Senior Research Fellow in the Ethics of Robotics and Dr Kate Devlin senior lecturer in computing discuss if they are the ultimate in sexual objectification or an opportunity to improve of experience of sex.

BBC RADIO 4 - WOMAN'S HOUR
BBC Radio 4 - Woman's Hour, Valerie June, the WI opens a branch in prison and are sex robots a danger to human intimacy?

Sex robots... icon_omg.gif

Hey there was a special on TV a few weeks back about this, when they are finished building them you almost can't tell the difference. You can program them to cook, clean and have sex and then shut them off and you don't have to listen to them.

Well look at is this way, you don't have to feed them, provide health insurance, take them to the doctor other than lube them up once in a while to keep parts working. If you don't plan to take them out in public don't have to clothe them. Just look at the benefits. Damn the more that pops in mind I'm looking over at my spouse now and just thinking. lol

You don't even have to name them, just say "Hey You come here" That way you don't forget their name.

The race is on to develop the first commercial sex robot for the mass market, the journalist Jenny Kleeman describes what they look like and how they work. And, Dr Kathleen Richardson, Senior Research Fellow in the Ethics of Robotics and Dr Kate Devlin senior lecturer in computing discuss if they are the ultimate in sexual objectification or an opportunity to improve of experience of sex.

BBC Radio 4 - Woman's Hour, Valerie June, the WI opens a branch in prison and are sex robots a danger to human intimacy?

People who would choose a sex robot have a problem with human intimacy to begin with.

Sex robots if they would be mass marketed are more of a threat to human civilisation, you cannot produce children with a sex robot, without children ie. future generations then human civilisation ends.

People who would choose a sex robot have a problem with human intimacy to begin with.

Sex robots if they would be mass marketed are more of a threat to human civilisation, you cannot produce children with a sex robot, ....

Not now...

Sex robots if they would be mass marketed are more of a threat to human civilisation, you cannot produce children with a sex robot, without children ie. future generations then human civilisation ends.

You just purchase robot kids. I know there won't be any human civilization

Interesting point of view Lucy Hamilton :)

I doubt they are a threat to human intimacy. But they are a threat to hookers.
You know some robopimp is gonna amass a stable of 'em and program them to hit the streets somewhere. I foresee a day when we’ll have laws to keep them an ordained distance from schools, churches and day care centers. I don’t worry too much about them with access to the centers of power since we already have accepted whores, pimps and thieves in leadership positions.

Interesting point of view Lucy Hamilton :)

Ok, Ok I have a solution to both. Keep a real woman in every block for reproducing purposes. Problem solved. lol lol lol

I doubt they are a threat to human intimacy. But they are a threat to hookers.
You know some robopimp is gonna amass a stable of 'em and program them to hit the streets somewhere. I foresee a day when we’ll have laws to keep them an ordained distance from schools, churches and day care centers. I don’t worry too much about them with access to the centers of power since we already have accepted whores, pimps and thieves in leadership positions.

I can see mega profits. I'll have to buy a bus to carry them all.

If anyone in the power structure gave a flying fuck about future generations and hominid societies we would have seen some evidence of that by now. If there is money in this for the substantial people, mark it down as done.

Forum List

Back