April 26: Robert Hunt, Priest and First Chaplain at Jamestown, 1607

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
The Reverend Robert Hunt: The First Chaplain at Jamestown - Historic Jamestowne Part of Colonial National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Faith of our Fathers: Spirituality in Jamestown

"Raising his hands to heaven, Rev. Robert Hunt claimed the land for country and king and consecrated the continent to the glory of God. In covenantal language he declared, “…from these very shores the Gospel shall go forth to not only this New World, but the entire world.”

But most obviously, this statement by Rev. Hunt is not occurring today. In fact, since Rev. Hunt was in Jamestown, which was before the Pilgrims arrived on the Mayflower, his dedication may not have been collected since the English Separatists took over America. Although many of the 'Founding Fathers' came out from an English Settlement, America has been ruled more by Separatist thoughts.

But since God is Honorable, He may have certain 'respects' towards people and establishments by not getting involved. And so the separation of Church and State was formed. And God would show a certain respect towards the State by not forcing His Church to be accepted by State, which is a sign of respect. But since God also has respect towards His Own, He provides for their necessities as well. God would not 'force' any establishment or people to do anything contrary to their personal choice and so with this new 'wave' of State mandating certain laws and practices into Law and Common rules, God shows His respect by leading His Own into His Own Safety and Provisions, outside of State's mandates and rules of how to live in a free country. Although His Own has shown only concern for the salvation of souls upon death, which is inevitable for all living humans, they have been ostracized from State. No longer are God's Own allowed any personal rights which the Constitution guaranteed and no longer are God's Own protected by those things which were put into effect pre-2000 year era. And although God has helped His Own establish the United States from its' very beginnings by setting into working affect the modern societal ways, such as law enforcing, court systems, libraries, schools, transportation, irrigation, and other forms to help people live contently within the land which God had created to be inhabited in a non-forceful way, He shows His respect by not forcing the original ways of keeping society safe and peaceful which had proved more true than what is seen by Today's rules of peace and safety. Even while the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was being hand written by the original men of the U.S. government, God was overlooking their writings to try to ensure a safe and profitable future for their children, with the Founding Father's statements of God being in their personal lives as a personal Testament to their well hoped for future for America. And it was God, through His Own, who has kept America what it has been to a certain period in American history. But since God is Honorable and desires no ill factions upon Him nor His Own, He provides His Own's voices and concerns to not be heard by those who desire the ways of State with her rules. And so God provides for His Own just as He has since the very foundation of the United States Government. But because God has received too many complaints towards Himself and His Own, it would not be fantastical if God chose to show even further respect by removing more of Himself and His Own from State's 'ownerships' of lands and properties. God has sent many of His Own to try to, without any insult, redirect establishments and entities back to its' original ways of peace and safety yet to no avail but only to have received the contrary; which is to do exactly the opposite of the 'directions' He has provided by His Own. And so God, in His respect for all of His creations' free choice and free will which He has given us all rights to, is being waited upon to see where He will lead next. Who and what will follow God will be an individual choice which will not be 'forced' into any form of Law or Mandate, since God will not show any kind of 'harm' to the general well being of peace and safety for those whom wish to be under the Providence of God. But in the future's light, it has been standard, from a Biblical History Timeline, that God would remove Himself or distance Himself, when the people would choose the things which God requested them not to be partakers of so that He may be able to live contently Himself, in the land He is to help. And when a Nation or country, in all of time's history, had no God within it, to protect it, then was their land conquered by outside forces who were stronger and mightier than themselves. And so, I choose to be under the Providence of God, since I 'know' that I, myself, am NOT the strongest nor mightiest person on God's Earth, but also with the Promise by God, that with Him, All things are possible... And this is how I am personally choosing my present and future life on God's Earth. May the people of America know for themselves, what it is that is good and what it is which is evil and bad.

In the Name of Almighty God Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Forum List

Back