Appeals court upholds six-day extension for counting Wisconsin ballots

As long as they are post marked prior to the close of voting...by November 3rd, i see no problems allowing 6 days for the post office to process them, and deliver them.

If Trump's mega donor that he put in as post master general had not taken measures that slowed mail delivery down, the extra days may not have been needed...

I agree. I want all legal votes counted and if trump had not had his person at the post office destroy sorting machines and cause the mail to move at a crawl, the extra time probably wouldn't have been needed. I do know my state allows ballots that are post marked before or on Election Day to be counted up to several days after the election.
AND
Some state election laws do not allow absentee ballots to be counted until election day.

That's very true. They need time to count all those ballots.

I would like to add.

The US Postal service is the delivery agent for their customers. According to law the minute a person puts something in the mailbox it's the same thing as putting it into the hands of the person it's addressed to.

So according to law, the cancel date on that mail shows the date the post office received it and according to law that is the date it arrived to who it is addressed to.

If that date is before or on Election Day, that means that vote should be counted.

Forum List

Back