Apparently, Adolf Hitler was an exemplary soldier

Otherwise when characters like Hitler are forgotten or marginalized to the point they never existed

I don't see any indications that Herr Hitler is forgotten or marginalized. In fact, he's probably more widely known today as he was in the early '30s.

What is important to remember is, that Hitler didn't do any of the things he did on his own. He was merely a megaphone for the vile ideology of his times.

If he wasn't a reflection his own society, people wouldn't have followed him as devoutly as they did. Even when he was invading the various countries of Europe, you could still find many persons in the invaded countries and around the world who felt Hitler and his henchmen were right and proper in their ideology.

You can even find those people today.
I am probably the only one on this board who knows about the Evian Conference of 1938.

What do you make of it?

Initially, Nazis policies towards Jews was one of deportation. But, when it became obvious that no country would take them the Germans had to come up with other means to remove the Jews from their society.

The Evian Conference, and the abysmal apathy the world showed towards the treatment of Jews in Germany emboldened Hitler and led directly the the Wannsee Conference in 1942, where The SS took control of "the Jewish Question" and announced plans of a "Final Solution" to the Jews of Europe (and even America).

Actually Madagascar, Spain, Uruguay, and a dozen other countries offered to take all the Jews.
The problem was the Jews themselves, who were insisting on Palestine or the US only.

Spain wouldn't have been a bad idea. In retrospect. But Franco was an ally of Hitler so that might've been seen as a dangerous proposition at that time.

Madagascar or Uruguay? Bad ideas probably.

I understand he was quite kind to his dog as well...

And a vegetarian

...and a vagrant artist. But a fairly accomplished and patriotic soldier. When dealing with history, it's probably not the best idea to just write the antagonists off by saying "So and so was just icky", and just sweep their memory under the rug. Otherwise when characters like Hitler are forgotten or marginalized to the point they never existed, it increases the possibility that history can indeed repeat itself. Much like the removal of Confederate statues. If "It never happened", it can surely happen again.
He was a murderous dictator.

End of story

And a vegetarian

...and a vagrant artist. But a fairly accomplished and patriotic soldier. When dealing with history, it's probably not the best idea to just write the antagonists off by saying "So and so was just icky", and just sweep their memory under the rug. Otherwise when characters like Hitler are forgotten or marginalized to the point they never existed, it increases the possibility that history can indeed repeat itself. Much like the removal of Confederate statues. If "It never happened", it can surely happen again.

History always repeats. Man is man. Just look at the corrupt fascists in DC now.

History never repeats itself. Only historians do.

Au contraire. Man constantly repeats. The names may change, but the actions are always the same.

Otherwise when characters like Hitler are forgotten or marginalized to the point they never existed

I don't see any indications that Herr Hitler is forgotten or marginalized. In fact, he's probably more widely known today as he was in the early '30s.

What is important to remember is, that Hitler didn't do any of the things he did on his own. He was merely a megaphone for the vile ideology of his times.

If he wasn't a reflection his own society, people wouldn't have followed him as devoutly as they did. Even when he was invading the various countries of Europe, you could still find many persons in the invaded countries and around the world who felt Hitler and his henchmen were right and proper in their ideology.

You can even find those people today.
I am probably the only one on this board who knows about the Evian Conference of 1938.

What do you make of it?

No, there are plenty of us who knew about that.

Regardless of what he became and the misery he caused this world, he was highly-decorated during his service in World War One. All politics aside, this video has an interesting historical perspective...

If they only accepted him to art school, how different.

Perhaps not. None of Hitler's ideas about Jews, or resentment of Versailles, or Germany's destiny to rule Europe originated with Hitler. If Hitler hadn't come to power in the Nazi Party, no doubt another, equally capable, person would.

We were lucky it was Hitler, since a reasonably capable person might have been impossible to defeat.
It took an insane person to try to hold France, while invading North Africa, Italy, Russia, etc.

If people understood things like Chaim Weizmann stealing the formula for synthetic acetone for cordite and the Zimmerman Letter, in exchange for the Balfour Declaration, then they would see the Holocaust differently.
It was still wrong and evil, but so were the actions of Zionists in WWI.

...Germany was not going to defeat Russia no matter who was in charge
...Germany was going to be defeated no matter who was in charge

Regardless of what he became and the misery he caused this world, he was highly-decorated during his service in World War One. All politics aside, this video has an interesting historical perspective...

If they only accepted him to art school, how different.

Perhaps not. None of Hitler's ideas about Jews, or resentment of Versailles, or Germany's destiny to rule Europe originated with Hitler. If Hitler hadn't come to power in the Nazi Party, no doubt another, equally capable, person would.

Art school was calling Dolph but they said no.

....talking about his art...I remember listening to old, non-comedic radio programs...one was about hitler and he asked an American what he thought about his artwork,...the American said something like ''really, it looks bad'''--something like that..so hitler goes into a rage about he will destroy America, etc
hahahahhahahahahahah

I guess it shows that good corporals make bad generals.
war is not rocket science ....Monty screwed up--many times .....MacArthur had to LEARN to bypass strongly held areas...he fkd up in WW2 and Korea--Korea big time
...a corporal could've won PG1......Schwarzkopf had all the advantages--like Monty did at El Alamein --and Monty got stuck at El Alamein

He seemed like a good enough guy. I mean... he probably shouldn't have killed 6 million Jews, but we all make mistakes.

Hitler sentenced for his role in Beer Hall Putsch - HISTORY

Adolf Hitler is sentenced for his role in the Beer Hall Putsch of November 8, 1923. The attempted coup in Munich by right-wing members of the army and the Nazi Party was foiled by the government,...

Adolf Hitler is sentenced for his role in the Beer Hall Putsch of November 8, 1923. The attempted coup in Munich by right-wing members of the army and the Nazi Party was foiled by the government,...
Kinda reminds one of the Capitol Insurrection huh?

Kinda reminds one of the Capitol Insurrection huh?
no--no where close....I've linked the evidence many times on USMB how BLM/left act EXACTLY like nazis---

Regardless of his service in two wars where Germany was the clear aggressor, his affection for animals, and his debatable talents as an artist, it cannot be separated from his actions ...

View attachment 478217
he was ok..he just went a little too far
Is that supposed to be funny?
take it anyway you want
The way i take it...is that it wasn't meant to be funny and you are a Nazi apologist

Regardless of his service in two wars where Germany was the clear aggressor, his affection for animals, and his debatable talents as an artist, it cannot be separated from his actions ...

View attachment 478217
he was ok..he just went a little too far
Is that supposed to be funny?
take it anyway you want
The way i take it...is that it wasn't meant to be funny and you are a Nazi apologist
YOU are the nazi and RACIST hater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back