AOC wants to impeach USSC judges

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Sunday accused the Supreme Court's conservative justices of lying under oath when they each suggested during their confirmation hearings that Roe v. Wade is settled precedent.
'The Supreme Court has dramatically overreached its authority. We had two conservative senators in the United States Senate, Senator Manchin and Senator Collins, come out with a very explosive allegation that several Supreme Court justices misled them during their confirmation hearings and in the lead-up to the confirmation,' Ocasio-Cortez said on NBC News' Meet the Press.
'There must be consequences for such a deeply destabilizing action and a hostile takeover of our democratic institutions. To allow that to stand is to allow it to happen.'
Asked if such misstatements warrant impeachment proceedings, she replied: 'I believe so. I believe lying under oath is an impeachable offense.'

Comment:
AOC is a typical dumb liberal crackpot Democrat.
I would love to see the idiot Democrats attempt to impeach USSC judges.
It would be like watching a bunch of drunk monkeys trying to screw a greased football.
The USSC made a correction of a previous bogus USSC decision.
It's not the end of the world or of our country.
Soulless Neo-Marxists like AOC will still be able to get their abortions in their backwards blue States.
Why won't Liberal women just learn how to use birth control and contraceptives?
Maybe she should just get her tubes tied if contraceptives are too complex for her to use.
I guess it's an impeachable offense if you change your mind. I wonder how many politicians are now impeachable?

like I said, politicians lie, all of them. I think Manchin is a straight shooter, but he is still a politician and a democrat sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Collins said the same thing.....I know, she isn't the right kind of Republican.

I say we draw the line at Senators asking candidates to commit themselves to voting a certain way on any given subject. They're supposed to be independent and deal with each case individually. Forcing them to take a litmus test before being allowed on the bench only turns the Court into another political pawn.
I think that question can be addressed pretty easily in an honest way which people would respect. “I will not commit myself to a specific position, but I will commitment myself to upholding the constitution.”

It’s insurrection to declare impeachment when any ruling from any body does not go your way.

wrong, it has nothing to do with SCOTUS lying in hearings. You are attacking the messenger to distract from the topic. Its a weak tactic.
The fact that you respect the opinion of a brainless racist says a lot about you and why I always know you’re full of bull.
People with brains consider facts and change their minds; that excludes AOC.

I think that question can be addressed pretty easily in an honest way which people would respect. “I will not commit myself to a specific position, but I will commitment myself to upholding the constitution.”
Yup, and it should be repeated by every candidate for every litmus test question until the Senators get the message.

Kav and Gor seemed to have crossed the line into perjury. The others fell short of that.

Thomas, of course, should be impeached for rank corruption. His wife takes millions in lobbyist money, and donors know they're buying the vote of her husband. They're a couple, so he shares in that money. He's literally the most corrupt justice in US history.

Needless to say, that sort of corruption thrills every conservative here. They want every justice to be on the take like Thomas.
I'm not aware of exactly lies Keggers and Gorsuch told (absolutely and without any waffling meanings) under oath. But ever since Bork, nominees have wisely testified circumspectively as to what they'd do in actual cases. But imo the fault isn't with them, but with Collins and Machin and others. Did anyone think the Federalists okayed anyone who wouldn't vote to overturn Roe? There's no surprise here. IF they're impeached, the dems are equally vulnerable

But Abe Fortas got kicked off, or forced to resign, because he was still getting paid by clients when he was a Justice (that's oversimplified but basically what he did) I'd be all in for impeaching Thomas over his wife being paid by the same entities that were funding Trump's Big Squeal while those cases were being litigated.

You’re not very bright…
AOC does not have the mental or educational capacity to deal with the issue.
We have also turned confirmation hearings into Woke Hearings.
Boebert flunked out of high school, then didnt get her GED until 2020.
And then MTG talks like she never graduated.

Forum List

Back