AOC complains that her $174,000 annual salary isn't enough to start a family for "working and middle class" people like her

None of you morons bothered to read her actual words did you? She was making a pretty salient point about how congress is full of millionaire elites instead of average working class people (who are more representative of the general population and are more likely to understand their struggles) and that this is by design to minimize the ability of average Americans to challenge the rule of the wealthy elite.
I did.

She could live just fine on what she makes, if she did not want to try to live like an elite, but that, in all honesty, is what she thinks she deserves, given her position, and education.

Which, if that is what she desires? She needs to either quit, or engage in all that insider trading like everyone else in Congress. I imagine she is still making more than when she was slinging drinks. :rolleyes:

article-62b3780e59780.jpg

The esteemed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just took to Instagram to complain that she, as a congresswoman, is not pulling in enough of your money.

The always enlightening Ocasio-Cortez opined on how only ten women in history have given birth as congresspeople. And she thinks that it's because her $174,000 yearly salary just isn't enough money to start a family.

The poor struggling poor working class tartkunt claiming that 174k per year along with unreal benefits isn't enough for her to consider starting a family.

You stupid pathetic disgusting shit eating leftists. You're all unreal losers.
In NYC, that's very true.

No one is forcing AOC to remain an elected official…

I did.

She could live just fine on what she makes, if she did not want to try to live like an elite, but that, in all honesty, is what she thinks she deserves, given her position, and education.

Which, if that is what she desires? She needs to either quit, or engage in all that insider trading like everyone else in Congress. I imagine she is still making more than when she was slinging drinks. :rolleyes:
The proof in what she says in the make up of Congress. The fact is the majority of Congressmen are millionaires today is because average Americans can't afford to run or if elected be effective without insider trading and selling out to corporations. She doesn't want to live like an elite, she wants more average Americans representing the American people and fewer self interested millionaires.

The esteemed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just took to Instagram to complain that she, as a congresswoman, is not pulling in enough of your money.

The always enlightening Ocasio-Cortez opined on how only ten women in history have given birth as congresspeople. And she thinks that it's because her $174,000 yearly salary just isn't enough money to start a family.

The poor struggling poor working class tartkunt claiming that 174k per year along with unreal benefits isn't enough for her to consider starting a family.

Apparently she didn't attend freshman orientation where they explain how congresscritters make the real money through speeches to sycophantic audiences, books bought by labor unions, kickbacks from foreign nations, selling access to her office and her vote.

What are you then? An equal opportunity salad tosser? Anyone with money, Democrat or Republican? 😄

I eschew salad ;)

Just a Blue Dog Democrat, who has no tolerance for quixotic mouthpieces like AOC or reactionary troglodytes like Greene.

Does this mean you are AOC?
Even she's too mild for me, I'm more of a Elie Mystal who started off his book by calling the Constitution trash and asked his readers why he should give a shit about the original meaning of words written by actual monsters who were trying to protect their right to rape the humans they held in bondage. My kind of guy.

Like when Mr hippy lord woke for thee but not for me marxist john Lennon wrote his commie anthem song about IMAGINING NO POSSESSIONS, was worth around $800 million dollars at time of death with at least 10 properties where one of those properties sold for $36 million dollars here in Palm Beach last year.

They are such garbags

I work in education. When my State went through it's own little recession, back in 2009, they stopped giving out annual raises. After we pulled out of it, the raises never came back. When I eventually asked, "Why didn't our raises come back?" I was informed, "We don't go into education to make money."

This should be the same ideology for our elected officials...

Does the idiot know she can vote a raise for herself?
She, and 434 others. Many of them, as she says, are independently wealthy and therefore don't need it as badly. Also, it's not free money; she'd be taking it out of the tax money of the people she represents. We all know she'd be raked across the coals for that.

I'll also add that the 27th Amendment says it wouldn't take effect until the beginning of the next term, if for no other reason because I don't know of a time when I'll be able to quote the 27th Amendment again. Boo-ya.

Man, are you sure she's not some kind of long game right wing plant? She sure seems to find all best opportunities to play right into all the bad stereotypes about leftists.

AOC is now doing the EXACT SAME THING that got Mitt Romney roasted in the 2012 election, when he said that $200,000 a year wasn't rich, it was merely middle class. It showed that Romney was deeply out of touch with the typical American and the combination of his personal wealth and personal greed had left him deeply unable to actually comprehend the real value of money the way that every day Americans are forced to do.

AOC was a low paid bartender not that long ago. What was it she was making back then? Something along the lines of $30,000 a year IIRC. The very moment she was elected to Congress her income increased sixfold, and before she received her first paycheck she was whining that it wasn't enough.

Democrats, you all really need to face some hard truths about this idiot of a woman. AOC is the Kristi Noem of the Democratic party. A pretty face and an empty head. A titillating creature that appeals to the pwns the cons! side of your cult, but kills you with independents.

Man, are you sure she's not some kind of long game right wing plant? She sure seems to find all best opportunities to play right into all the bad stereotypes about leftists.

AOC is now doing the EXACT SAME THING that got Mitt Romney roasted in the 2012 election, when he said that $200,000 a year wasn't rich, it was merely middle class. It showed that Romney was deeply out of touch with the typical American and the combination of his personal wealth and personal greed had left him deeply unable to actually comprehend the real value of money the way that every day Americans are forced to do.
That isn't what she said at all you moron. She said with the cost of being a congressman and the pay being what it is, that it prices out average Americans from being Representatives and relegates it to an activity largely only accessible to the wealthy elite.

Forum List

Back