Anyone see what addiction will do?

Iā€™ve had quite a bit of experience winessing friends & family (just a cousin) & lots of ordinary acquaintances struggle and lose battles with drug addictions. Some ā€” a few ā€” recovered. Itā€™s aLeahā€™s ugly and sad, never ā€œromanticā€ or ā€œan adventure.ā€ Of course Iā€™m talking about hard addictive drugs here, not simply ā€œparty drugsā€ where the danger is usually somewhat different.

Sometimes toward the end you gotta simply stop caring and let nature take its course. It sounds terrible, but people often do terrible things to themselves and others under the influence of drug addiction.

If they have good jobs and lots of money and a loving family, many do finally get treatment or just pull themselves back from the brink. If they donā€™t and never had those things, I think itā€™s most often hopeless.

I can definitely attest to what that clip illustrates due to my cousin who had to have his legs amputated earlier this year. Two years ago, I was shown a picture of him. His face was no different compared to what is addressed in that clip. I don't even want to know what he looks like now.

God bless you and him and the rest of my family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back