Anyone else keep getting Medicare card replacement calls?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I get them two or three times a day, and they always show up on the caller ID as "unavailable." I answered the last couple couple calls, and a guy with a thick Indian accent wanted to know if my wife received her "new blue Medicare card."

I answered "Why? Did you her send one?"

He replied "We are mailing out the new cards to replace the old paper ones. Have you received it yet?"

I responded "You tell me. Who is this?"

He replied "This is Medicare."

I responded "I don't believe you. Is this the official US government Medicare agency?"

He replied "Yes, this is Medicare."

I responded "I still don't believe you. What official US government agency is Medicare a part of, and who is the Director of that agency?" (HHS, Rachael Levine)

Then the bastard hung up on me. :laughing0301:

Yes, Medicare card replacement phone calls are a scam​

If someone claiming to be from Medicare calls you about replacing your card and requests personal or banking information, you should hang up immediately.

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that pays for covered health care services for most people who are age 65 and older, and for certain younger people with disabilities. More than 63 million Americans are currently enrolled in Medicare, according to the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).

THE QUESTION​

Are Medicare card replacement phone calls a scam?

THE ANSWER​

Yes, Medicare card replacement phone calls are a scam. Medicare will never contact anyone for their Medicare number or other personal information unless the beneficiary has given them permission in advance.

Yes, Medicare card replacement phone calls are a scam

I get them two or three times a day, and they always show up on the caller ID as "unavailable." I answered the last couple couple calls, and a guy with a thick Indian accent wanted to know if my wife received her "new blue Medicare card."

I answered "Why? Did you her send one?"

He replied "We are mailing out the new cards to replace the old paper ones. Have you received it yet?"

I responded "You tell me. Who is this?"

He replied "This is Medicare."

I responded "I don't believe you. Is this the official US government Medicare agency?"

He replied "Yes, this is Medicare."

I responded "I still don't believe you. What official US government agency is Medicare a part of, and who is the Director of that agency?" (HHS, Rachael Levine)

Then the bastard hung up on me. :laughing0301:

Yes, Medicare card replacement phone calls are a scam​

If someone claiming to be from Medicare calls you about replacing your card and requests personal or banking information, you should hang up immediately.

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that pays for covered health care services for most people who are age 65 and older, and for certain younger people with disabilities. More than 63 million Americans are currently enrolled in Medicare, according to the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).

THE QUESTION​

I

THE ANSWER​

Yes, Medicare card replacement phone calls are a scam. Medicare will never contact anyone for their Medicare number or other personal information unless the beneficiary has given them permission in advance.

Yes, Medicare card replacement phone calls are a scam
I got the same type of call with a guy that had the accent you describe. I answered much the same way. e.g. "You called me, you apparently have all the information, why don't you tell me?" After a couple of minutes of back and forth he said, "You are wasting my time" and hung up. I didn't even get an opportunity to tell him he also was wasting MY time. LOL

Feb-SMP-Ad_04-2-18-603x420.jpg

MedicareScams%20SMP.png

Untitled%20design%20(9).png

Scam%20Alert%20(1000%20x%20250%20px)%20(1).png

~S~

The proper response is "I will listen to everything you have to say, but first I want a blowjob from your mother" Nothing funnier than an Indian scam artist cussing you in their own language.

Tell the phone scammer that they have called a pizza parlor and then ask them what kind of pizza would they like to order.

Forum List

Back