Anybody have advice suing the federal government?

This latest BS from Biden about the $250M for Ukraine is the last straw for me. I want to sue the federal government for using my tax dollars to support another country's war. I'm all in if we declare war. If not, keep your hands off my money. Any advice on law firms? I've sent out a couple of inquiries. Don't have high hope.
I don't know whether to be touched or amused by this.

You don't seem to understand the Power of The People here in the US.

This article explains:

Krill - Wikipedia

No idea what that gibberish is about. If you think American money to Ukraine does anything but extend the war machine and kill more innocent people then you are just an idiot. Russia will win what they want. All the rest is money laundering on the backs of people getting killed for no reason.
Pretty much.

Spend it now or spend 10 times as much later including American soldier lives. It's a good investment.

Russia is hurting badly, from the strategic sanctions put on them. They are not winning and will not win.
^ World War III good! :)

This latest BS from Biden about the $250M for Ukraine is the last straw for me. I want to sue the federal government for using my tax dollars to support another country's war. I'm all in if we declare war. If not, keep your hands off my money. Any advice on law firms? I've sent out a couple of inquiries. Don't have high hope.
You have a misconception about how it all works. I too (a long time ago) believed that the government collects tax revenues and then in return uses that money to pay for government expenses. About 33 trillion dollars ago I realized that that is not how it works. The government spends money and it has absolutely nothing to do with the taxes we pay. They spend money whether they have tax revenue or not. They can just play the shell game and tell you that the money they used for Ukraine is not from tax revenues collected. And, they also say that the government only needs to pay interest on the national debt, no principle ever has to be paid as in the national debt never needs to be paid down.

You have a misconception about how it all works. I too (a long time ago) believed that the government collects tax revenues and then in return uses that money to pay for government expenses. About 33 trillion dollars ago I realized that that is not how it works. The government spends money and it has absolutely nothing to do with the taxes we pay. They spend money whether they have tax revenue or not. They can just play the shell game and tell you that the money they used for Ukraine is not from tax revenues collected. And, they also say that the government only needs to pay interest on the national debt, no principle ever has to be paid as in the national debt never needs to be paid down.
So are you saying this is wrong or right Independent?

~S~

I kind of agree with them in part once it came out that our aid was funding all sort of government largess in Ukraine like pensions and salaries of government workers.
Ah! the skin in the game reveals itself! ~S~

What is THIS?
About 33 trillion dollars ago I realized that that is not how it works. The government spends money and it has absolutely nothing to do with the taxes we pay. They spend money whether they have tax revenue or not. They can just play the shell game and tell you that the money they used for Ukraine is not from tax revenues collected.
~S~

I am aware of how they print money for wars. Would like to see if a lawsuit like this can get off the ground. If they said I had no standing because they are not using my tax dollars, that would be an interesting reveal.

“Anybody have advice suing the federal government?”

lol

One shouldn't be an ignorant idiot, for starters.

And the thread premise is true ignorant idiocy.

First, your ‘issue’ is with Congress, not President Biden; Congress authorizes funds for assistance to Ukraine.

Second, your unwarranted opposition to providing assistance to Ukraine is reckless and irresponsible – playing into the hands of Putin; the war is about defending democracy against Putin’s fascist aggression.

And third, any such ‘suit’ would be devoid of merit, pursuant to the Political Question doctrine:

“The Supreme Court expounded on the political question doctrine in Baker v. Carr (1962), when it held that federal courts should not hear cases which deal directly with issues that the Constitution makes the sole responsibility of the Executive Branch and/or the Legislative Branch.”

Funding for Ukraine is clearly the sole purview of Congress, not the courts.

No idea what that gibberish is about. If you think American money to Ukraine does anything but extend the war machine and kill more innocent people then you are just an idiot. Russia will win what they want. All the rest is money laundering on the backs of people getting killed for no reason.
Russia will win with the assistance of American conservatives.

Well, what is wrong about that? When the government collects 4 trillion dollars in tax revenue, they spend 5 trillion dollars, which means, no matter how much tax revenues were collected, they were still going to spend 5 trillion anyway. Therefore, their expenditures don't really have anything to do with tax revenues collected. They spend what they want to spend no matter how many tax revenues are collected.

Sue them for what?
They 100% have the legality to take your money and do whatever the hell they want with it as long as THEY say it is in our best interest.
Indeed, we keep electing the same people over and over and over and over and over and over.

Well, what is wrong about that? When the government collects 4 trillion dollars in tax revenue, they spend 5 trillion dollars, which means, no matter how much tax revenues were collected, they were still going to spend 5 trillion anyway. Therefore, their expenditures don't really have anything to do with tax revenues collected. They spend what they want to spend no matter how many tax revenues are collected.
Simply cuz the math doesn't work Independent one....~S~

I am aware of how they print money for wars. Would like to see if a lawsuit like this can get off the ground. If they said I had no standing because they are not using my tax dollars, that would be an interesting reveal.
They print money for many things, not just wars. If we had no wars at all the government would still collect X amount of federal income tax revenues and instead of spending that X they spend Y. If they spent X we would have a balanced budget but almost always they spend Y instead of X and Y doesn't really have anything to do with X. Y is always it's own number, no matter what X is. They are not really related.

and they do this because people like you keep voting the same people back into office year after year.

Forum List

Back