Anybody else done with Dr. Who?

Doctor Who has become quite politically overt. Many fans have suffered it. And many younger fans have embraced it. Basically, this latest development is about them attaining a critical mass of liberal zombies and shedding traditionalists. I might cede your point if this was a new show and what not. But this show is more than fifty years in the making. The liberals own every other sitcom essentially; yet they still feel the need to be this brazen.

Libtards are 100% intolerant. They want to control everything. If there's a popular TV show they don't control, they'll apply whatever pressure until they get concessions and then surrender. "Put a gay character in your show or you'll be blackballed..."

Doctor Who has become quite politically overt. Many fans have suffered it. And many younger fans have embraced it. Basically, this latest development is about them attaining a critical mass of liberal zombies and shedding traditionalists. I might cede your point if this was a new show and what not. But this show is more than fifty years in the making. The liberals own every other sitcom essentially; yet they still feel the need to be this brazen.

Libtards are 100% intolerant. They want to control everything. If there's a popular TV show they don't control, they'll apply whatever pressure until they get concessions and then surrender. "Put a gay character in your show or you'll be blackballed..."

Maybe, ten years ago; now, they are beyond that. Just count how many gay guys are on TV. There's obvious casting quotas for this, now. Hard to watch a show that doesn't have one. And if they're not gay, then there character is gay or some big gay rights activist.

I am a Trekkie, but Dr Who had its appeal. When the enscarfed Doc Tom Baker awakened my loins and my awareness. It's all make believe, Who's identity changes all the time, so what's the big deal with gender? Ursula K. LeGuin and the her novel "Left hand of darkness" speaks to me as well on gender and science fiction.
you like trek?....so in the new movie remake what if they made kirk a female.... christina t. kirk.....no problems with that?....

Um, they have new incarnations of Trek with women as the predominant characters going back many years. You must not be a big Trekkie. I think of commander Janeway.

Imagine the screams of these libtards if they made a Voyager movie but made Captain Janeway a man.

`
`

I watch sci-fi movie and programs as a form of escapism and entertainment. I refuse to allow bias, prejudice and politics to interfere with what I enjoy. I have no problem with a female Dr. Who or even if it was a Dalek Dr. Who, though I might imagine the latter would get old quite fast.

`
`

I watch sci-fi movie and programs as a form of escapism and entertainment. I refuse to allow bias, prejudice and politics to interfere with what I enjoy. I have no problem with a female Dr. Who or even if it was a Dalek Dr. Who, though I might imagine the latter would get old quite fast.

You can't be entertained by what constantly attacks your values. You'd stop watching Doctor Who quickly if it went against your bias, prejudice, and politics.

I'd have no problem with a female Time Lord, just not one that use to be male. I didn't approve of the Master being turned female, but I could overlook she was once the Master. She had a different name and acted very differently. I won't be able to overlook that the female Doctor Who has been trans-gendered.

You can't be entertained by what constantly attacks your values. You'd stop watching Doctor Who quickly if it went against your bias, prejudice, and politics. I'd have no problem with a female Time Lord, just not one that use to be male. I didn't approve of the Master being turned female, but I could overlook she was once the Master. She had a different name and acted very differently. I won't be able to overlook that the female Doctor Who has been trans-gendered.
`
If you feel that strongly about it then don't watch it. Having said that however, there are some movies I feel that have forced PC in them that I do object to, the latest Ghostbusters for example but I saw it anyways. It sucked on it own merits though. Then there was the third "Fantastic Four", which aside from casting Johnny Storm as black, went so far off FF canon, aside from being miscast, that it totally bombed at the box office.

You can't be entertained by what constantly attacks your values. You'd stop watching Doctor Who quickly if it went against your bias, prejudice, and politics. I'd have no problem with a female Time Lord, just not one that use to be male. I didn't approve of the Master being turned female, but I could overlook she was once the Master. She had a different name and acted very differently. I won't be able to overlook that the female Doctor Who has been trans-gendered.
`
If you feel that strongly about it then don't watch it. Having said that however, there are some movies I feel that have forced PC in them that I do object to, the latest Ghostbusters for example but I saw it anyways. It sucked on it own merits though. Then there was the third "Fantastic Four", which aside from casting Johnny Storm as black, went so far off FF canon, aside from being miscast, that it totally bombed at the box office.

It's started years ago with what we consider PC'ness! On "Doctor Who," they were initiating us to the idea of a female Doctor when the Master become Missy and Time Lord General went from an old white guy to a young black woman after the Doctor shot him to spirit Clara away! :2up: - - Children Of Rassilon - - - Children Of Rassilon - -

Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.

Well, they've already established that changing gender is something that can happen in regeneration... so no, that's not a big deal.

I think the gender of the next actor (besides causing some problems for my choice of AVI) isn't really the problem the series has right now. I think the big problem has been some of the scripting going back to Matt Smith's last season.

So let me get this straight. You are okay with this show about a guy flying around in a magic box that is bigger on the inside, and can change his appearance... but you turn him into a chick and you lose your stuff?

Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.

I'll hold out for the strung out on heroin Dr. Who that likes to bang sheep.

Can you cite when this was actually done? Or do you think this is all a shadow conspiracy?

Imagine the screams of these libtards if they made a Voyager movie but made Captain Janeway a man.

You work on the assumption anyone cares about Voyager all that much.

Half the reason Voyager was unwatchable was because of the woman captain, Janeway.

The owners of the Trek franchise bowed to political correctness.

It always was to be a woman; originally should have been Genevieve Bujold, but bugged out at the last minute I guess! It was a great finale that can be watched over and over by me! :beer: :banana: :biggrin:

Half the reason Voyager was unwatchable was because of the woman captain, Janeway.

Um, no, it wasn't unwatchable because Janeway was a woman.

It was unwatchable because it had a silly premise, ignored Trek canon, had weak characters that were less likeable, watered down versions of TNG's characters.

I caught it in syndication & was sorry I missed the original run back in the 90's! I'm thoroughly entertained!

It wasn't half as good as TNG or DS9, that's the point. Or Babylon 5, Firefly or Farscape or any of the other really good SF Shows of that period.

Um, no, it wasn't unwatchable because Janeway was a woman.

It was unwatchable because it had a silly premise, ignored Trek canon, had weak characters that were less likeable, watered down versions of TNG's characters.

I caught it in syndication & was sorry I missed the original run back in the 90's! I'm thoroughly entertained!

It wasn't half as good as TNG or DS9, that's the point. Or Babylon 5, Firefly or Farscape or any of the other really good SF Shows of that period.

I watched TNG & DS9 off and on, but as someone who lived through the originals, it was hard to get past some of the rip-off to keep the show going including splitting Riker into 2 separate entities! Doctor Who's reboot hasn't gone the way I would have liked with extremely long and painful story arcs that go on forever! I much preferred the stand-alone format! I liked "Blake's 7" over all of them even though just 52 episodes over 4 seasons! :banana: :beer: - - Children Of Rassilon - -

Forum List

Back