Any Vietnam era vets on this forum?

I've just read this entire thread ... and it made my heart ache. I don't know if there's some buried memory of seeing my Daddy in uniform (WWII), but growing up I can remember my heart soaring ... so filled with pride ... when I saw men in uniform walking the streets. I clearly remember taking a bus from Lynchburg, VA where I lived in an orphanage to spend a week "vacation" with my family in Richmond. I was seated next to a sailor on that trip and I drew a picture of this voluptuous, long haired girl and handed to this sailor! I have no idea how I even got the idea that servicemen liked pretty women ... I was probably no more than 8 or 9 years old at the time. But he thanked me and put it in his pocket.

Later, when I was no longer in the orphanage, there were always uniformed men on the streets of Richmond and I felt so much pride in seeing them, in pledging allegiance to my country's flag, in being an American proud of my nation. I was living and working in DC when Vietnam came along. Everything changed. Service personnel could no longer walk the streets in uniform ... and they still can't. My HS love served in Vietnam. I just didn't realize it at the time because I wasn't getting any mail from him until I finally got a letter one day saying he was coming home and asked me to marry him. That didn't happen as it turned out, but he is still the love of my life and we've reconnected all these years later. I'm afraid to mention Vietnam to him, but I know that experience changed his life forever. He's still paying the price mentally and physically ... and has just in the last few months finally received the benefits he was promised when he joined.

When I say "Thank you for your service," I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

No Granny, thank you from all of us. And never fret, for the most part we were looking out for you. You see, win, lose or draw, we put a crimp into the "domino effect" the Communists were trying to use at that time. Trust me on that! It was you personally we were fighting for not todays trash
ISG Okey, Vietnam and proud of it! Damn all the rest!.

Vietnam Goes Shopping for U.S. Military Hardware

The military’s top officers were not present because of the sensitivity of hobnobbing with U.S. defense companies eight days before celebrations for the 40th anniversary of the defeat of America and its allies. But the meeting shows how Vietnam’s leaders are looking past ideology to practical realities...
...Squeezed by slower U.S. military spending, defense firms are looking to Southeast Asian nations for new markets, capitalizing on their concerns about China’s outlays on long-range planes, ships and submarines. The April roadshow, organized by the U.S. embassy, follows Washington’s easing of curbson sales of nonlethal defense systems to Vietnam last October.

Defeated America sell weapons to the communist nation that killed 58,000 of it's troops.
The US arms industry allowed your people to die for its profits, now spits on their graves when a chance appears to make more cash.

You lot seem to defend that crap - you're brainwashed.

Vietnam Goes Shopping for U.S. Military Hardware

The military’s top officers were not present because of the sensitivity of hobnobbing with U.S. defense companies eight days before celebrations for the 40th anniversary of the defeat of America and its allies. But the meeting shows how Vietnam’s leaders are looking past ideology to practical realities...
...Squeezed by slower U.S. military spending, defense firms are looking to Southeast Asian nations for new markets, capitalizing on their concerns about China’s outlays on long-range planes, ships and submarines. The April roadshow, organized by the U.S. embassy, follows Washington’s easing of curbson sales of nonlethal defense systems to Vietnam last October.

Defeated America sell weapons to the communist nation that killed 58,000 of it's troops.
The US arms industry allowed your people to die for its profits, now spits on their graves when a chance appears to make more cash.

upload_2016-1-11_17-53-12.png

Ah, I see you aren't able to produce any real argument, so you simply post crap instead.

What is your nation's greatest victory? Caning a graffiti artist?

Funny, but most terrorists are using weapons made in former Soviet block countries.

Last time I looked these rags are using RPGS and AK-47s.

Where do you get off, motherfucker?

Let me explain something to you that I am certain you will find difficult to believe - Yes, we "lost" 58,000 in 'Nam - but the vast majority of them were due to political decisions made in Washington and NOT by the majority of commanders in the field!

Our local commanders knew what it took to "win" but were hindered from doing so by "the chain of command" being threatened by the idiots in the Puzzle Palace.

Let me explain something to you that I am certain you will find difficult to believe - Yes, we "lost" 58,000 in 'Nam - but the vast majority of them were due to political decisions made in Washington and NOT by the majority of commanders in the field!

Our local commanders knew what it took to "win" but were hindered from doing so by "the chain of command" being threatened by the idiots in the Puzzle Palace.

About the same thing as is currently going on.

I do know that somewhere out there is a medic whom I have never spoken to or have even seen. That man was a total professional. How he kept me from bleeding out was an absolute miracle. I hope with all my being that he made it out of Southeast Asia and back home in one piece himself. Those guys were the unsung heroes.

I'm of that era. What pisses me off is that the damn republicans just voted down the president's bill to help vets - yet again. Did anyone see the asshole rolling his eyes last night when Obama brought it up? The Rs are not going to do a damn thing for our vets.

Someone ^^^ mentioned John Kerry. Another thing that pisses me is that RWs have told the same stupid lies about his service until people actually believe they're true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm of that era. What pisses me off is that the damn republicans just voted down the president's bill to help vets - yet again. Did anyone see the asshole rolling his eyes last night when Obama brought it up? The Rs are not going to do a damn thing for our vets.

Someone ^^^ mentioned John Kerry. Another thing that pisses me is that RWs have told the same stupid lies about his service until people actually believe they're true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only stupid lie I know about Kerry's service is that it was honorable.

Forum List

Back