Any Malls left in your city?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We have a couple left here in Kansas City but the Black's, Mexicans and White Trash have made it impossible for honest people to feel safe shopping there. Mostly Ghost Towns except for during early hours when all the typical trash are still in bed.

My city still has one, but it isn't what it used to be with stores like JCPenny and Sear's being businesses of the past.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Knoxville used to have two malls, but one closed up completely and honestly, I don't know what was done with the property, I will admit that I have not been over there recently. I am 45 miles east of there.

We have a couple left here in Kansas City but the Black's, Mexicans and White Trash have made it impossible for honest people to feel safe shopping there. Mostly Ghost Towns except for during early hours when all the typical trash are still in bed.
We still have a mall, but it has lost some big name anchor stores, such as Sears and Goldsmiths.

Yeah, we have the Katy Mills Mall, I also go to San Marcos and Cypress, Texas has a nice outdoor one…

Sugarland has a nice one, Galleria has one and Memorial has one in Houston, but West Oaks is a ghetto!!!

couple biggies around yet with several medium size. The clothes racks in Macys in Rosedale though often times look like a bomb went off with items all over the floor and people just walking on em when they browse whats still on the racks. Thats the upstairs womens section to be exact. Knew Brookdale was doomed when the Macys there was playing thug rap. I had to stop , look around and listen,,,am I really hearing what I'm hearing

Let's be fair but brutally honest.

Yes, an unusually large number of people of ethnicity X (no need to be specific) do act very badly.

They give a bad reputation to the whole group.

So naturally many people are scared when they see young people and not-so-young people of that ethnicity at a mall. (Look at the tragedy in Sacramento.)

Some really nice liberal people believe that various social programs can help to improve the behavior of those young people. The mayor of Chicago has just said that they act out because they are "unloved." Maybe she is right. But how can anyone "love" such individuals who cause senseless misery for others?

Concord California which is a suburb here in the SF bay area actually has a thriving mall. I was really surprised when I went there last year. It was packed and not that far off from what I remember the 90's crowd looking like.They actually still have a Sears store and a Macys.

I know this is probably an exception but they get a lot of business because so many others in the area are shut down and this mall happens to be in a good location. This also happens to be a mostly blue collar area in the East bay as well.

compounded by online sales

They were warned for yrs now. Now they'll pay dearly

The laws of business are cruel and ruthless

They'll be converted to big mixed use edifices

couple biggies around yet with several medium size. The clothes racks in Macys in Rosedale though often times look like a bomb went off with items all over the floor and people just walking on em when they browse whats still on the racks. Thats the upstairs womens section to be exact. Knew Brookdale was doomed when the Macys there was playing thug rap. I had to stop , look around and listen,,,am I really hearing what I'm hearing
Grew up not far from the Brookdale mall. Used to hang out there as kids.
Was a whole different area before the urban crap moved further out.

We still have a mall, but it has lost some big name anchor stores, such as Sears and Goldsmiths.
That is how it is for the mall in my city. Our current anchor stores are Belk, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and TJ Max when we used to have JCPenny, Sear's as well as a store named Profitt's and a store named Goody's.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back