Anti-gun laws working well in England Merged Rifle In Every Pot

Your brazen display of ignorance is the truly scary thing. Grump has stated that when he was here he experienced little if any 'lawlessness'. Like Grump however you have apparently assumed that whatever you have been exposed to on television as far as the U.S. is concerned must be how it really is. Stop of assuming things you have no experience with. We have lesson about assuming in the U.S. Assuming things only makes an ASS of U and ME (though at this point, I think just you).

Assuming things only makes an ASS of U and ME (though at this point, I think just you).

You can apologise any time you like

Assuming things only makes an ASS of U and ME (though at this point, I think just you).

You can apologise any time you like

That is a quote from the original "Bad News Bears" movie roomy, I believe since it was a kid's movie, it had a G rating.

Regarding just about every post from #148 to #182--particularly those between roomy and Bern80--WTF?

That is a quote from the original "Bad News Bears" movie roomy, I believe since it was a kid's movie, it had a G rating.

Not only is it a quote from a movie it is also an old saying, what is your point?
He said he didn't call me an ass, I think the post says he did.

Don't shoot me :D, I'm just the messenger.

A request from the Whole World:
The Whole World said:
Dear Roomy and Bern80,

Nothing you're doing is contributing to the thread. We like you both, but this public display of affection is just grossing us out.

Please put your repective panties back on and get a room. Come back after you've finished with each other and have washed up.

kthx,

The Whole World.

Actually, it was from The Odd Couple.

This guy disagrees.....

Gameplay
Like they said in The Bad News Bears, to assume is to make an ass out of u and me, so then I won't make the assumption you have ever played either Jarrett and LaBonte Stock Car Racing or TOCA Racing. Because, honestly, unless you were a rabid racing fan or a European gamer, you would have missed it. Pro Race Driver follows in the footsteps of its predecessors, upping the ante in every aspect, from smoother, faster racing to better looking graphics to an exquisite set of engine sounds and more.

another guy.....

In yet another example of how Hollywood is devoid of ideas, I notice there's a remake of the classic movie Bad News Bears coming out, with Billy Bob McThornton in place of Walter Mathau. Too bad, 'cause you really don't need to remake it; the original would work as well now. But, of course, it wouldn't make as much money for Hollywood.

It was in the sequel, Bad News Bears Breaking Training, where I learned why you don't assume anything ('cause you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'). You don't learn life lessons like that in movies now.

Okay then allow me to re-reply to one of your earlier posts:

I understand the arguments for the right to bear arms in your lawless land, we just don't find it necessary to do so in Great Britain

It isn't a question of necessity in our country either. I've said before if I want to own a gun for no other reason then my own personal amusement and it's not effecting anyone else, what is the problem.

It is further confounding that if Britain has indeed found that guns aren't needed why your gov't fealt the need to restrict them so greatly. Using your term 'you' meaning Britain have decided that you don't need them to me by extension that means that the majority of Britain doesn't feel guns are necessary to keep themselves safe. Okay, I get that I guess. You would then have a society with basically very few guns and gun owners. If they then aren't necessary to keep you safe what reason then would the gov't have to restrict them?

I also sincerley ask what is it about your collective experience regarding the U.S. that has lead you to believe our land is 'lawless'?

all I am saying in essence is maybe you could learn a little from us in this instance instead of thinking you are right all of the time?

I ask in all seriousness then what it is exactley 'we' are suppossed to learn? The way this is phrased am I suppossed to learn that, 'you', Britain don't think you're right all the time?

This guy disagrees.....

You can disagree... but...

4. Where did this quote come from? - "Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME."
This saying was used by Felix in the episode "My Strife in Court" (66). While Felix was trying to give away an extra ticket for a Broadway musical, a woman offered him money for it, and he was arrested for scalping. While cross-examining the woman in court, Felix asks the woman if he said that he had been selling the ticket. The woman responded that she had just assumed that he was, and Felix interrupted her with the "assume" line. You can hear a sound file of it at the Sounds page.

This line was not written for the show. Writer/Executive Producer Jerry Belson heard it from a teacher in a typewriter repair class. He later remembered the quote while working on the show and decided to include it in an episode.

http://www.oddcouple.info/faq.html#e4

Okay then allow me to re-reply to one of your earlier posts:

It isn't a question of necessity in our country either. I've said before if I want to own a gun for no other reason then my own personal amusement and it's not effecting anyone else, what is the problem.

It is further confounding that if Britain has indeed found that guns aren't needed why your gov't fealt the need to restrict them so greatly. Using your term 'you' meaning Britain have decided that you don't need them to me by extension that means that the majority of Britain doesn't feel guns are necessary to keep themselves safe. Okay, I get that I guess. You would then have a society with basically very few guns and gun owners. If they then aren't necessary to keep you safe what reason then would the gov't have to restrict them?

I also sincerley ask what is it about your collective experience regarding the U.S. that has lead you to believe our land is 'lawless'?

I ask in all seriousness then what it is exactley 'we' are suppossed to learn? The way this is phrased am I suppossed to learn that, 'you', Britain don't think you're right all the time?

My Experience of America is the same as yours, when you can answer the question you will know the answer, given the size of America and you being you and living where you do, you could be anywhere in the world and know as much or little about America as me, depending upon how much you see and read.I am learning all the time, talking to you guys on messageboards and such also gives an insight.
Whenever I ask an American for reasons to own a gun, self defense is usually the first and foremost reason given. Like I said before, I don't care that you choose to arm yourself, I just wonder at the motives involved and you have failed to convince me of a good enough reason especially since you in particular have told me it isn't for self defense but more for self amusement, in which case you would probably benefit from taking a look at British law regarding gun ownership.

I am well aware that guns are as much a part of American culture as the native American but the original poster was attempting to argue that we should be allowed to carry guns in Britain as a means of self defense, my argument is that in the main, we don't need them.There are pros and cons involved on both sides, I stated previously that If I resided in the USA I would invest in a gun, if you lived here, you could not without passing stringent and following criteria up to and including home visits by police officers to check the bank vault quality of the safe you have to keep your unloaded gun in at all times when not using it for the purpose you previously stated whilst applying for a gun license. In short, the only guns on our streets are carried by criminals and armed response police officers, and the odd poacher:cool:

Whenever I ask an American for reasons to own a gun, self defense is usually the first and foremost reason given.
Self defense is one of many appropriate, valid and acceptable reasons for gun ownership.

Like I said before, I don't care that you choose to arm yourself,...
Except for the amount you care to support regulations that prevent arming one's self...

...I just wonder at the motives involved and you have failed to convince me of a good enough reason especially since you in particular have told me it isn't for self defense but more for self amusement, in which case you would probably benefit from taking a look at British law regarding gun ownership.
Self amusement is one of many appropriate, valid and acceptable reasons for gun ownership.

I am well aware that guns are as much a part of American culture as the native American but the original poster was attempting to argue that we should be allowed to carry guns in Britain as a means of self defense, my argument is that in the main, we don't need them.
Lack of need for a thing is not a valid rationale for proscribing the possession or ownership of that thing.

There are pros and cons involved on both sides, I stated previously that If I resided in the USA I would invest in a gun, if you lived here, you could not without passing stringent and following criteria up to and including home visits by police officers to check the bank vault quality of the safe you have to keep your unloaded gun in at all times when not using it for the purpose you previously stated whilst applying for a gun license.
Ths is so incomprehensible--are you asserting that the reason gun ownership is so restricted in the UK is that the residents of the UK are more prone to violence than the residents of the US?

In short, the only guns on our streets are carried by criminals and armed response police officers, and the odd poacher:cool:
I would prefer that the guns on the street be carried by decent, civilized folks, rather than criminals.

Self defense is one of many appropriate, valid and acceptable reasons for gun ownership.

Except for the amount you care to support regulations that prevent arming one's self...

Self amusement is one of many appropriate, valid and acceptable reasons for gun ownership.

Lack of need for a thing is not a valid rationale for proscribing the possession or ownership of that thing.

Ths is so incomprehensible--are you asserting that the reason gun ownership is so restricted in the UK is that the residents of the UK are more prone to violence than the residents of the US?

I would prefer that the guns on the street be carried by decent, civilized folks, rather than criminals.

Ever the comedian loki, shame you used up all your one liners in one post:rofl:

My Experience of America is the same as yours,
Not sure how that can be the case, unless you mean it differently. I am fairly certain my experiences have not been the same as yours.

when you can answer the question you will know the answer, given the size of America and you being you and living where you do, you could be anywhere in the world and know as much or little about America as me, depending upon how much you see and read.

I know the answer as far as myself is concerned. I am curious about you because yours have lead you to the conclusion that this land is lawless. My experience in actually living here have shown me otherwise. Though you could be right depending on where I was born or raised.

Whenever I ask an American for reasons to own a gun, self defense is usually the first and foremost reason given. Like I said before, I don't care that you choose to arm yourself, I just wonder at the motives involved and you have failed to convince me of a good enough reason especially since you in particular have told me it isn't for self defense but more for self amusement

This part is very simple and I really hope you think hard about it. THIS DEBATE IS NOT ABOUT THE 'NEED' FOR GUNS. We, you and I, suppossedly leave in essentially free countries. Think about that what does the word freedom mean? It means we get to do what we want. The only provision being that are actions don't impede the freedoms of others. As long as my wanting to own a gun does not fall within that one provision, whether I want to own a gun or not is nobodies business

I am well aware that guns are as much a part of American culture as the native American but the original poster was attempting to argue that we should be allowed to carry guns in Britain as a means of self defense, my argument is that in the main, we don't need them.

Okay, you don't need guns to defend yourselves. Again this isn't about 'need'. I owns guns to hunt and target shoot. I don't understand why then your gov't fealt it neccessary to restrict them. To me the logical steps would be as follows as far as Britain is concerned. 1) the only reason someone would own a gun is for self defense 2) but people don't feel they're neccessary 3) thus if their not neccessary very few people should have them anyway. Why would the gov't then need to restrict them?

I base it primarily on my own opinion, which is what I base most things on.My opinion is always true until someone or something changes it or at least gives me enough pause for thought to question it.

You don't wave guns at people or throw them if you wish to use them effectively you kill whatever you are aiming at, you always shoot to kill, it's not like in the movies where you try to shoot someone in the arm or leg, in reality to have to try and kill them, dead.

I understand the arguments for the right to bear arms in your lawless land, we just don't find it necessary to do so in Great Britain, all I am saying in essence is maybe you could learn a little from us in this instance instead of thinking you are right all of the time?By 'you' and 'us' I mean America and Britain (before you take it literally)

why do your police carry guns now?

we allow our people to own and or carry guns because of the way your country treated our people when you all were in charge.....

when we kicked your ass and took over we decided that we would never let our govt treat us like that again and allowed our people to own weapons....

why do your police carry guns now?

we allow our people to own and or carry guns because of the way your country treated our people when you all were in charge.....

when we kicked your ass and took over we decided that we would never let our govt treat us like that again and allowed our people to own weapons....

Our police do not carry guns, only armed response units and the like for certain situations.

Still scared of us then?We aren't coming to get you anymore:razz:

Bullshit, if you know anything about the history of the situation and the art of war you know you are talking shite.

Ever the comedian loki, shame you used up all your one liners in one post:rofl:
Oh, I wouldn't be so sure I spent my entire comedic talent on that one reply. It is clear, however, you've spent zero intellectual talent on your response; but a compliment from you deserves a compliment from me, so allow me to submit your own follies which more than eclipse the comedic value of my posting above:<blockquote>
Sounds silly I know but Americans kill each other every day with their legal fire arms for sillier reasons [than lack of apology] and misunderstandings and complete accidents.
Someone broke into my van the other day, if I had caught him, I would probably have beaten him up and maybe called the police and maybe even find myself arrested for assault, in America I could splatter him across the street with immunity.
You have to be willing to make the change and it has to start somewhere if you hope for a safer more law abiding environment to live in, or move to a safer country like Britain.:cool:
I agree that gun crime is on the increase due, in the main to the yardie gangs that have wangled their way over here, but in the main it doesn't happen very often at all.You shouldn't believe everything you read.Knife crime on the other hand is becoming a bigger problem than ever.
The reality of the situation in Britain is, we don't have a major gun crime problem, infact it hardly registers.All unlicensed guns are illegal, always have been.There are stringent laws in place for anyone wishing to own a gun for sport or shooting clubs, always have been.Other than sport and shooting clubs there are no reasons to own a gun in this country.
More like the ability to effectively kill someone rather than defend oneself, IMO, so I still see no real reason to carry one.
If defense is what you are after wouldn't body armour not suffice?or do you wear that too?
I feel sad that you live in constant fear of being murdered and your only defense is a gunfight in which (hopefully) you kill the other guy and escape unscathed.
My opinion is always true until someone or something changes it or at least gives me enough pause for thought to question it.
I understand the arguments for the right to bear arms in your lawless land, ...
</blockquote>Not one bit of sense in any of that, but loads, and loads of chuckles. Your capacity to fabricate conclusion out of nothing is riotuous, not to mention the sheer hilarity of your self contradictions--you are a mastermind of farce.

I have fired guns thousands of times, I was trained to kill.
With dumbness, right? :rofl:

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure I spent my entire comedic talent on that one reply. It is clear, however, you've spent zero intellectual talent on your response; but a compliment from you deserves a compliment from me, so allow me to submit your own follies which more than eclipse the comedic value of my posting above:<blockquote>

</blockquote>Not one bit of sense in any of that, but loads, and loads of chuckles. Your capacity to fabricate conclusion out of nothing is riotuous, not to mention the sheer hilarity of your self contradictions--you are a mastermind of farce.

With dumbness, right? :rofl:

Nope, I was right, you used it all up.:razz:

Forum List

Back