Anti-gay petition signers afraid to have their names made public

I see it as, they lack the courage of their convictions.

Oh, if you're so brave why arent you posting your name, address, phone number and any other contact information every time you give your opinion on this board? What? Lack the courage of your convictions? or are you just sane?

Tell me, why do you want the names of the people released? What are you planning to do with those names?

Oh, if you're so brave why arent you posting your name, address, phone number and any other contact information every time you give your opinion on this board? What? Lack the courage of your convictions? or are you just sane?

Actually, with the internet now a days, all you need is someone's name and a rough idea of where they live. You can find everything else out very easily.

Cons show they're wimps, by not wanting their names made public.

Supreme Court to decide whether Wash. can release names of anti-gay rights petition signers - latimes.com

JESSE J. HOLLAND Associated Press Writer

January 15, 2010 | 1:42 p.m.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday got involved for the second time this week in a case in which opponents of gay rights fear they will be harassed if their views are made public.

The high court will consider whether Washington state officials can release more than 138,500 names on a petition seeking a vote on overturning the state's domestic partnership rights.

Protect Marriage Washington, which unsuccessfully opposed the law giving gay couples expanded rights, wants to shield from disclosure the signers of the petition for a referendum on that law. The group says it fears harassment by gay rights supporters, some of whom have vowed to post signers' names on the Internet.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco has said before the Nov. 3 vote that the names could be made public, but the Supreme Court blocked their release until it decided whether to hear the case.

Arguments will be heard later this year.
<more>
Why should they have to risk going to jail when they shoot the loonies that will show up on their door step hours after their names ar released?

Why should they have to risk going to jail when they shoot the loonies that will show up on their door step hours after their names ar released?

I wonder where you stand on the Tiller murder then.

Abortion providers like to keep their names out of the public light too. Not that I can blame them. Is this because they lack the courage of their convictions?

Immie

Can't blame them, they might be murdered by some whackjob. How many people have been murdered because of their lack of support of Gay Marriage? :confused:

While I don't think the people who are cowardly enough to deny other people equal rights should have their names released, this is different than women who get abortions or people who give abortions.

Though considering the responses in this thread, will be interested if the same people keep the same positions when it comes to Abortion.

Didn't I say "not that I can blame them"?

And to my knowledge, no one has yet lost their life for opposing the homosexual agenda... the operative word there is "yet".

Immie

And to my knowledge, no one has yet lost their life for opposing the homosexual agenda... the operative word there is "yet".

Immie

I understand what you're saying. However, trying to compare the so-called whackjobs of this movement to the Abortion Doctor killers is nowhere near each other.

Actually, with the internet now a days, all you need is someone's name and a rough idea of where they live. You can find everything else out very easily.

And that is the point... release their names and activists will begin harassing them just as they did to the churches in California and just maybe some one, or someone's kid will get killed.

Immie

And that is the point... release their names and activists will begin harassing them just as they did to the churches in California and just maybe some one, or someone's kid will get killed.

Immie

I doubt that. There are plenty of anti-Gay Marriage activists now who's names are out there, and they aren't harassed.

I also don't remember the churches in California being harassed to the extent you seem to be saying.

The only threat the people face by their names being outed is that if they own a business then they might lose customers. And customers have a right not to eat or shop at a place owned by someone who is trying to keep rights from them.

You know who was shot in a church though while serving as an usher? George Tiller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Tiller

Last edited:

Immie

I understand what you're saying. However, trying to compare the so-called whackjobs of this movement to the Abortion Doctor killers is nowhere near each other.

No one who opposes abortion has been killed yet... well, except the morons that took the law into their own hands, murdered abortion doctors and then met the executioner.

I would also not be as worried about being killed as I would worry about the vandalism and harassment that you and I both know would follow the release of these names.

Immie

Immie

I doubt that. There are plenty of anti-Gay Marriage activists now who's names are out there, and they aren't harassed.

I also don't remember the churches in California being harassed to the extent you seem to be saying.

The only threat the people face by their names being outed is that if they own a business then they might lose customers. And customers have a right not to eat or shop at a place owned by someone who is trying to keep rights from them.

You know who was shot in a church though while serving as an usher? George Tiller.

George Tiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google-mormon church prop 8.

And I have already spoken out many times against the murder of George Tiller.

Immie

Immie

PS - And I do recall churches being harrassed. No black ones, though, which I found interesting, I mean as long as we're talking about having the courage of our convictions, why not spread the indignation?

George Tiller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I honestly can't think of an anti-gay activist. I'm sure you're correct, I just can't think of anyone who is known as an "anti-gay activist." Name a couple?

Last edited:

Immie

Well guess what? People have a right to protest in this country. When you contribute at least $22 million to prevent others from exercising their rights, you think they're not going to complain? I don't see any of the Mormon church people being shot do you?

As long as they're protesting, I see no problem with it. What many people on these lists are worried about (like that hotel chain) was losing customers because their bigotry was revealed.

I honestly can't think of an anti-gay activist. I'm sure you're correct, I just can't think of anyone who is known as an "anti-gay activist." Name a couple?

Anti-Gay Activist and Anti-Gay Marriage Activists are common if you look hard enough.

Pat Robertson, he hasn't been killed has he? :eusa_eh:

How about Fred Phelps? In fact, why don't you use google?

Here's the first thing I got from google when I put in "Anti-Gay Activist"

The 20 Most Frightful Anti-Gay Activists / Queerty

Anti-Gay Activist and Anti-Gay Marriage Activists are common if you look hard enough.

Pat Robertson, he hasn't been killed has he? :eusa_eh:

How about Fred Phelps? In fact, why don't you use google?

Here's the first thing I got from google when I put in "Anti-Gay Activist"

The 20 Most Frightful Anti-Gay Activists / Queerty

Pat Robertson is also known by some as "a religious broadcaster." I was trying to think of someone who is known as an "anti-gay activisit."

Can't place Fred Phelps.

Unless one has been killed, he has faced no harassment? Got it.

Pat Robertson is also known by some as "a religious broadcaster." I was trying to think of someone who is known as an "anti-gay activisit."

Can't place Fred Phelps.

Unless one has been killed, he has faced no harassment? Got it.

I never said that unless one has been killed, they have not faced harassment.

This is why I do not bother to have discussions with people on here sometimes. If you want to have a discussion, great. If you want to take my words out of context, go elsewhere for that bullshit.

I was merely pointing out that nobody's killed these assholes. Which is evidence they aren't going to go Clint Eastwood on people if the list was released.

Last edited:

Immie

Well guess what? People have a right to protest in this country. When you contribute at least $22 million to prevent others from exercising their rights, you think they're not going to complain? I don't see any of the Mormon church people being shot do you?

As long as they're protesting, I see no problem with it. What many people on these lists are worried about (like that hotel chain) was losing customers because their bigotry was revealed.

Sure they have the right to protest... but when you step beyond protest and destroy property, which was done, you have gone beyond the right to protest.

Those people were not worried about losing customers. They were worried about having bricks thrown through windows, vandalism, physical and emotional assaults. Can't blame them as this is still a heated argument.

And for the record, I would not have signed that petition.

I'm for civil unions for all.

Immie

Immie
If they wanted to protect their children so much, they wouldn't have put them on street corners protesting ref 71. Here is Spokane they had kids under the age of 18 with signs on a very busy street corner, out in the open for everyone to see who they are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back