Anthony Richardson: NFL Combine Freak

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This guy is overflowing with raw talent. I mean, could you imagine what Andy Reid would do with him? I'm not sure he is really a very good QB, more like an oversized Lamar Jackson, but I saw one of his throws and it was something to see, a 70 yard rainbow right over the receivers shoulder. He is not the best QB, the best QB is C.J. Stroud, he should go #1, but probably won't, because teams get this pick wrong all the time.

Looks like Raiders can hope for the Ohio State or Kentucky products to still be on the board at #7
Latest mock draft I saw was Raiders moving up from #7 to #4 and getting Richardson. Colts move to #1 and take Bryce Young, Stroud goes #2 to Houston.

Comparison of AR to Cam and Justin Fields

Cam - National Championship
Fields - lost to strong Bama team in National Championship
AR - lost to Vandy

This guy is overflowing with raw talent. I mean, could you imagine what Andy Reid would do with him? I'm not sure he is really a very good QB, more like an oversized Lamar Jackson, but I saw one of his throws and it was something to see, a 70 yard rainbow right over the receivers shoulder. He is not the best QB, the best QB is C.J. Stroud, he should go #1, but probably won't, because teams get this pick wrong all the time.

Impressive physical attributes and abilities, but you should know that doesn't mean much in the NFL.

A. He can't use those attributes for long over time. Running QB's usually flame out from injuries after 3-4 years, or have to completely change their style. Lamar Jackson the most recent example.
B. His ability to read the defense, know when to be aggressive but not make mistakes, keep his cool, pocket presence, accuracy, study habits, etc. are what make a QB. And sadly, this is often impossible to know, which is why so many can't-miss QB's are duds, and why lower guys with less attributes can become studs in the NFL.