Another Tech Giant Leaving Silicon Valley

Austin is a great town. I'm sure they'll love it there. And California has so much tech, such a high concentration of millionaires and billionaires, we're more than happy to share a few.
Thats laughing past the graveyard

california has become a cesspool and even lib rats are jumping ship

but libs are so stupid they picked the most insanely liberal city in Texas to relocate to

But I suppose they will feel at home till the poop and used drug needles pile up in their new home just like their old home

then they will really get comfortable

When their representatives are compromised by the biggest intellectual property thieves in world, one wonders why any of them are staying.

Last edited:
Austin is a great town. I'm sure they'll love it there. And California has so much tech, such a high concentration of millionaires and billionaires, we're more than happy to share a few.
Thats laughing past the graveyard

california has become a cesspool

but libs are so stupid they picked the most insanely liberal city in Texas to relocate to

so I guess they will feel at home till the poop and used drug needles pile up in their new home just like their old home

then they will really get comfortable

I've lived in both California and Texas. They're both lovely States with good jobs. Better job wise in California if you've got skills than Texas, but better housing prices in Texas.

And obviously, the brisket is better in Texas. For fuck's sake, the brisket tacos at Buc-ee's were better than any bbq I've had in California. To say nothing of the Salt Lick or Hays County Barbecue.

Texas' mexican food was fairly unimpressive though. I suspect its the influence of Tex-Mex. Its absolutely amazing in California.

As the quality of life in CA declines, more and more companies and billionaires will follow. Couldn't happen to a nicer State.

Yeah, you'll say that till the trickle becomes a flood.

As the quality of life in CA declines, more and more companies and billionaires will follow. Couldn't happen to a nicer State.

Talk to me if that ever happens.

As it stands, Texas is a lovely State (the western half is kinda scrubby, but the hill country picks up the spare!)....Austin is a lovely city (south of the river forever!) and California has so much tech, such diversity, such a high concentrations of millionaires and billionaires that we're more than happy to share!

And maybe you can return the favor by sending us Aaron Franklin.

Last edited:

As it stands, Texas is a lovely State (the western half is kinda scrubby, but the hill country picks up the spare!)....Austin is a lovely city (south of the river forever!) and California has so much tech, such diversity, such a high concentrations of millionaires and billionaires that we're more than happy to share!

Did you bother to read the link, it listed several companies that are telling CA to pound sand.

Did you bother to read the link, it listed several companies that are telling CA to pound sand.

And? We have *so* many. We're literally the tech nexus of the planet. We're also the nation's entertainment capital. And the single largest agricultural producer in the nation. We produce more tax revenue than anyone. We have more land value than anyone. Its not even close.

We're also the beating heart of VC tech investment. So we're minting new companies and new technologies every year. We have more than double any other States billionaires, with the nation's highest rate of them. We have more millionaires too.

Talk to me when Texas can manage as many Billionaires as say, Florida. Or even Georgia. Then it *might* be worth a conversation.

As it stands, we have so much, we're more than willing to share with you guys. Texas is a lovely state, and Austin is a great town. I'm sure Oracle is going to be happy there

Austin’s a dump. The university and that music corridor and the government district are nicely maintained for the rich white democrats but the rest of that town is a dump.

Nonsense. Its a fantastic city. It has one of the best music scenes on the planet, some of the best barbeque you'll ever eat, is supremely livable, has super friendly people, utterly gorgeous and if you're willing to go north of the river, plenty of tech jobs.

Pretty much everything from Georgetown to say, New Braunfels or Wimberley.....is fucking gorgeous. Even Arizona (which is spectacular in its own right) has got shit on Texas sunsets along the I-35 corridor. Its like someone poured molten gold into the sky.

Though to be fair, Mopac can suck a dick.

Austin is easily in my top 3 favorite cities on the planet. And I've lived all over the world. Its top shelf. Oracle picked a fine place to land.

Last edited:
California has > $1 TRILLION debt due to unfunded liabilities. (Some sources say it's as high as $1.5T)

More than 25% of Californian's live under the poverty level. That's 1 out of 4 people.

California just lost a sh!t ton of tax dollars with HP, Tesla and Oracle moving out.

Oracle is the latest major technology company to announce that it will be adopting a more flexible work policy, in addition to moving its company headquarters out of Silicon Valley. This month alone we've heard HP and Tesla have been packing their bags, now Oracle. Couldn't possibly be the sky high taxes or inept politicians.

Another tech company is ditching its Silicon Valley headquarters

And? We have *so* many. We're literally the tech nexus of the planet. We're also the nation's entertainment capital. And the single largest agricultural producer in the nation. We produce more tax revenue than anyone. We have more land value than anyone. Its not even close.

We're also the beating heart of VC tech investment. So we're minting new companies and new technologies every year. We have more than double any other States billionaires, with the nation's highest rate of them. We have more millionaires too.

Talk to me when Texas can manage as many Billionaires as say, Florida. Or even Georgia. Then it *might* be worth a conversation.

As it stands, we have so much, we're more than willing to share with you guys. Texas is a lovely state, and Austin is a great town. I'm sure Oracle is going to be happy there

Ever since they started keeping track, CA has been the worse State for business.

Austin’s a dump. The university and that music corridor and the government district are nicely maintained for the rich white democrats but the rest of that town is a dump.

Nonsense. Its a fantastic city. It has one of the best music scenes on the planet, some of the best barbeque you'll ever eat, is supremely livable, has super friendly people, utterly gorgeous and if you're willing to go north of the river, plenty of tech jobs.

Pretty much everything from Georgetown to say, New Braunfels or Wimberley.....is fucking gorgeous. Even Arizona (which is spectacular in its own right) has got shit on Texas sunsets along the I-35 corridor. Its like someone poured molten gold into the sky.

Though to be fair, Mopac can suck a dick.

Austin is easily in my top 3 favorite cities on the planet. And I've lived all over the world. Its top shelf. Oracle picked a fine place to land.

Except for DC, Austin has been the least hospitable cities I've ever been in. The burbs are OK but the city itself sucks.

More than any other state, CA relies on taxes on billionaires.

It's going to keep happening until they lower taxes and decrease regulations.

More than any other state, CA relies on taxes on billionaires.

It's going to keep happening.

There, fixed

Forum List

Back