Another Spasm In The Death Of Comedy

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
I haven't watched this show in decades, but this continuing nonsense seems to me to seriously undermine the original irreverrent basis for the show.

Harry Shearer is the latest original Simpsons cast member to retire a role. The Feb. 21 episode of the long-running Fox animated series featured the actor's final vocal performance as Dr. Julius Hibbert, one of the show's most prominent Black characters. But Springfield's citizens will still be able to visit the good doctor for his dubious medical advice — and plentiful lollipops. As originally reported by Vulture, Dr. Hibbert will be voiced by veteran voiceover artist Kevin Michael Richardson, starting with the Feb. 28 episode. Richardson has voiced multiple supporting characters on The Simpsons since 2009, and his other credits include Teen Titans Go! and Family Guy, as well as the upcoming series Invincible and Masters of the Universe: Revelation.

It's the latest casting change since The Simpsons producers first announced over the summer that white actors would no longer be voicing the various characters of color populating Springfield.

Soon, all things will be criminalized by the Left's influence, and all errant citizens criminals. Doubleplusgood.

'Simpsons' star Harry Shearer will no longer voice Black character Dr. Julius Hibbert

I wish that actor a happy retirement.

At least, he was not forced out earlier.

We have to wake up and smell the coffee.

This country is fast a-changing.

Caucasians will become a minority group (although the largest one) in about thirty more years.

So it does seem natural that if a cartoon has a character from, say, Mars, the actor doing the voicing should be a Martian.

I remember years ago, and I thought about it a little in the past couple of days- about all the black TV shows that were popular in the 90's I think it was- I got tired of them and was thinking, why are they pushing this so much, in essence, shoving it down our TV watching throats- not that the shows weren't funny, because they were, but there were a lot of them- but, I got to thinking about the black perspective of TV up til that point- think about that-

I remember years ago, and I thought about it a little in the past couple of days- about all the black TV shows that were popular in the 90's I think it was- I got tired of them and was thinking, why are they pushing this so much, in essence, shoving it down our TV watching throats- not that the shows weren't funny, because they were, but there were a lot of them- but, I got to thinking about the black perspective of TV up til that point- think about that-
Now its all black commercials...no room for whitey!

I haven't watched this show in decades, but this continuing nonsense seems to me to seriously undermine the original irreverrent basis for the show.

Harry Shearer is the latest original Simpsons cast member to retire a role. The Feb. 21 episode of the long-running Fox animated series featured the actor's final vocal performance as Dr. Julius Hibbert, one of the show's most prominent Black characters. But Springfield's citizens will still be able to visit the good doctor for his dubious medical advice — and plentiful lollipops. As originally reported by Vulture, Dr. Hibbert will be voiced by veteran voiceover artist Kevin Michael Richardson, starting with the Feb. 28 episode. Richardson has voiced multiple supporting characters on The Simpsons since 2009, and his other credits include Teen Titans Go! and Family Guy, as well as the upcoming series Invincible and Masters of the Universe: Revelation.

It's the latest casting change since The Simpsons producers first announced over the summer that white actors would no longer be voicing the various characters of color populating Springfield.

Soon, all things will be criminalized by the Left's influence, and all errant citizens criminals. Doubleplusgood.

'Simpsons' star Harry Shearer will no longer voice Black character Dr. Julius Hibbert

When they got rid of Apu because they said his character was racist .......

Forum List

Back