Another Responsible Gun Owner: Houston Massacre

The risk as minimal as it is is wellworth it for me, the risk I take driving every day is far far greater.

Not true. Gun deaths in America are quickly becoming as common as automobile deaths.

Is that why the gun death rate goes down year after year, as more people buy guns and the population increases as well? Or was this just another liberal attempt at falsification for the agenda? Sort of like claiming the perp in Houston is a white guy?

Do liberals have an honest bone in their body? I think not. It's part of what makes them liberals today

When you say gun deaths are going down, you don't mention how extremely high they are in the first place. Gun deaths going down in America is a drop not a bucket but in an entire sea.

Not true. Gun deaths in America are quickly becoming as common as automobile deaths.

Is that why the gun death rate goes down year after year, as more people buy guns and the population increases as well? Or was this just another liberal attempt at falsification for the agenda? Sort of like claiming the perp in Houston is a white guy?

Do liberals have an honest bone in their body? I think not. It's part of what makes them liberals today

When you say gun deaths are going down, you don't mention how extremely high they are in the first place. Gun deaths going down in America is a drop not a bucket but in an entire sea.
I am not really concerned, people die in traffic every day in greater numbers. And gun ownership is a protected right.

Blah blah blah, you were wrong.

Another thing that is common knowledge: it is NOT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WHO OWN GUNS. Only about 30-35% of Americans own guns.

The risk as minimal as it is is wellworth it for me, the risk I take driving every day is far far greater.

Actually its because auto deaths decreasing, while gun deaths have remained relatively stable

800px-U.S._traffic_deaths_as_fraction_of_total_population_1900-2010.png

Gun deaths per 100k

2011: 10.318
2010: 10.2619
2009: 10.22
2008: 10.39
2007: 10.37
2006: 10.35
2005: 10.39
2004: 10.10
2003: 10.39
2002: 10.51
2001: 10.38
2000: 10.19
1999: 10.35

Another thing that is common knowledge: it is NOT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WHO OWN GUNS. Only about 30-35% of Americans own guns.

Gun deaths.

More gun grabber b.s.

Can you give me a cast iron guarantee that if I wave my magic wand and make every gun in the universe disappear, that the people who commit suicide with a gun won't commit suicide another way?

Of course you can't..because when the U.K. got rid of guns, their suicide rate WENT UP!

People leaped from buildings and bridges, hung themselves and poisoned themselves with carbon monoxide instead.

So, if you wish to make an argument, PLEASE, make it an honest argument...leave the bullshit out of it.

Last edited:
Blaming guns for gun-related crime or deaths is misplaced. Problem isn't gun violence, but violence in general. Could outlaw every new gun sale overnight and not change a thing. Unless you then also confiscate every gun in circulation and change people's inclination to solve problems with violence, violence will still occur. People killed each other just fine for thousands of years before gunpowder. Guns aren't the problem. Problem's us. We're very intelligent in science and other areas, yet still amused by movies and games featuring violent acts. The reasons are well-understood, but despite decades of social scientists telling us why and how we could fix it, we haven't. If we haven't I can only assume it's by design. Consequently, working yourselves into a froth about it isn't gonna change anything except making you die sooner from too much stress.

How sad...four children dead at the hands of a crazy white guy.

Mass Shooting Near Houston Leaves 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

A gunman killed at least six people, including four children, in a Houston suburb and then engaged police in a three-hour standoff before finally surrendering late Wednesday.

The suspected gunman, who has not yet been identified,*is believed to be related to at least some of the victims, officials told Houston ABC station KTRK.

Shut. Up. You. Craven. Useless. Degenerate.

Gun deaths.

More gun grabber b.s.

Can you give me a cast iron guarantee that if I wave my magic wand and make every gun in the universe disappear, that the people who commit suicide with a gun won't commit suicide another way?

Of course you can't..because when the U.K. got rid of guns, their suicide rate WENT UP!

People leaped from buildings and bridges, hung themselves and poisoned themselves with carbon monoxide instead.

So, if you wish to make an argument, PLEASE, make it an honest argument...leave the bullshit out of it.

She cannot. There is no honest and logical argument for banning, confiscating or restricting guns.

Blaming guns for gun-related crime or deaths is misplaced. Problem isn't gun violence, but violence in general. Could outlaw every new gun sale overnight and not change a thing. Unless you then also confiscate every gun in circulation and change people's inclination to solve problems with violence, violence will still occur. People killed each other just fine for thousands of years before gunpowder. Guns aren't the problem. Problem's us. We're very intelligent in science and other areas, yet still amused by movies and games featuring violent acts. The reasons are well-understood, but despite decades of social scientists telling us why and how we could fix it, we haven't. If we haven't I can only assume it's by design. Consequently, working yourselves into a froth about it isn't gonna change anything except making you die sooner from too much stress.

Logic and reason. Might as well be egyptian hieroglyphics to the left.

A gunman killed at least six people, including four children, in a Houston suburb and then engaged police in a three-hour standoff before finally surrendering late Wednesday.

The suspected gunman, who has not yet been identified,*is believed to be related to at least some of the victims, officials told Houston ABC station KTRK.

Shut. Up. You. Craven. Useless. Degenerate.

And racist.

It was the kids' crazy father. Want to make a bet that he voted democrat and that democrat party policies made it possible for him to obtain a weapon? Never let a tragedy go to waste if you can make a political issue out of it.

Heey, you are the one who wants to ban tobacco entirely! Come, let's ban guns too and much more.

Last edited:
Word games make it so that people can't have a logical debate on subjects and lefty word games play on peoples emotions rather than logic.

Howey uses the word responsible run owner who is just the opposite of a responsible gun owner . The guy used a gun irresponsibly. He is not a responsible gun owner.
They do the same thing with illegal immigrants and use undocumented immigrants. This buys into the notion that we must be sensitive to people who are breaking our laws and not have racial profiling. It is not racial profiling, this type of thinking in turn, stops the any real solutions to the lawlessness we have now with these adults and kids entering our country without using our laws.

How about actually educating people and using the meaning of words responsibly, rather than the gotcha attacks of stupid word playing?

This guy broke the law and is not a responsible anything. He is a killer.
The large majority of law abiding gun owners are not killers nor do they go to the dark side to become killers.
This guy went mental and was probably mental to begin with. He should never have been able to get near any guns.
What we should do is ban the mind altering prescription drugs. Ever since those drugs have been on the market, we have had more and more of these crazy people shooting other people.

anyone else tired of the stupid threads?

In that same day 100's of babies were aborted

no threads on them though

That is what the news wants you to believe.
It is not true.
pool drownings are much higher.
What?s Riskier: A gun or a swimming pool? | SmartParentsBlog.com

What is driving that number up with guns is teen kids in gangs.

Meanwhile, 300,000,000 guns were NOT used to harm anyone today.

Yet another topic that illustrates how anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and or dishonesty.

TV news coverage said the little 14yo who called the police is in very critical condition.

As someone who used to carry a duty piece I advise people to get rid of their weapons. It puts our minds into a constant state of hyper-vigilance where we're assessing every stranger as threat or no threat. And that's no way to live. Should be viewing strangers as potential friends, not potential threats we have to kill.

There are legit reasons to have access to a weapon, but generally speaking when we do, chances are any occasion to use them was of our own making. I'm not going to spend the next 40+ years of my life thinking of the poor guy I killed for trying to take something of mine. I don't own anything that important and would just as soon offer to show them something from the back instead. :)

I own guns but have air tasers for protection. Much smarter.

guns_in_home_zps659f416a.gif

Forum List

Back