Another Reason To Hate Texas.....Texas Supreme Court: Bullet Train Builder has Eminent Domain Authority

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Austin (WBAP/KLIF) – The Texas Supreme Court has ruled that the Dallas company planning to build a high-tech bullet train between Dallas and Houston has eminent domain authority.

Among Texas landowners who oppose the project is James Miles of Leon County who sued Texas Central three years ago challenging the eminent domain issue.

Texas Central argues the project will be a boon to Texas, easing vehicle traffic, creating thousands of jobs and generating billions of dollars for the state.

Texas Supreme Court: Bullet Train Builder has Eminent Domain Authority

Taking land by force so two liberal shit-holes can be hooked-up.....I bet the kickbacks to "wheels" are spectacular.

Texas Central Railway - Wikipedia

This in no way applies just to Texas. I suppose one could point to Texas as a state that is always crowing about being free but sadly few will actually counter this happening.

This in no way applies just to Texas. I suppose one could point to Texas as a state that is always crowing about being free but sadly few will actually counter this happening.
Actually after SCOTUS ruled in favor of a locality to use ED to take land to benefit private entities (Kelo v. City of New London) many states took measures to prevent it. Texas did not. They love them some ED.

So to be completely clear, if your property is taken by eminent domain, you are compensated the value of the property. If you dispute the value given, you can take it to court. So it's not a matter of the evil government oppressing anyone.

And as far as eminent domain generally, this train is a public good, and it makes NO SENSE to allow one or two property owners to get in the way of a major project like this. Usually when someone kicks up a fuss it is just a ploy to get more money for their property. We are talking about TEXAS here, there is no shortage of property in Texas.

So to be completely clear, if your property is taken by eminent domain, you are compensated the value of the property. If you dispute the value given, you can take it to court. So it's not a matter of the evil government oppressing anyone.

And as far as eminent domain generally, this train is a public good, and it makes NO SENSE to allow one or two property owners to get in the way of a major project like this. Usually when someone kicks up a fuss it is just a ploy to get more money for their property. We are talking about TEXAS here, there is no shortage of property in Texas.
So all the property owners along the 240 mile stretch are just greedy ass-holes?

Also, I think they only have to offer a fair price the first time. If I remember correctly, they can go lower after that and that's it.

Oh brother, another high speed train wreck disaster in the making.

This one might actually be worth it.
There's a shitload of business travel between the two cities and as of now you either fly,drive or take the bus.
If you fly you really dont save any time with all the crap you have to go through at the airports. We have high end luxury busses that are used a lot but again you really dont save any time going that route either.
The only way high speed rail should be considered is if it's substantially faster than the choices that are already available.
I have doubts that it will be any more efficient than the Luxury busses.
When the Wife was still in the banking business they used the buses frequently.

1656438609588.png

1656438688874.png

OP lives in Virginia and is just jealous of our natural barbeque superiority. Don't be a hater. We can ship you brisket!

This one might actually be worth it.
There's a shitload of business travel between the two cities and as of now you either fly,drive or take the bus.
If you fly you really dont save any time with all the crap you have to go through at the airports. We have high end luxury busses that are used a lot but again you really dont save any time going that route either.
The only way high speed rail should be considered is if it's substantially faster than the choices that are already available.
I have doubts that it will be any more efficient than the Luxury busses.
When the Wife was still in the banking business they used the buses frequently.

View attachment 663371
View attachment 663372
R.f253c0d2d266eb777b82cd4ced284526

Forum List

Back