Another mysterious death

part affiliation, ideology....to anyone with more than half a brain

what they have in common is neither is a wingnut like you

Kasich would have beaten Hillary btw. you loons are so dumb
Agreed Kasich would have beaten Hillary just like Romney would have beaten Obama if so many hard right Republicans had not bothered to vote in 2012.

Agreed Kasich would have beaten Hillary just like Romney would have beaten Obama if so many hard right Republicans had not bothered to vote in 2012.

I haven't seen evidence that hard right republicans didn't come out and vote for Romney. the difference with trump is the general electorate hard-righters came out and voted during the primary.

that said, I suspect Rubio could have won, too. but the angry white supremacist male segment of the GOP gathered around Donald and split among the other candidates. trump's 40% of the GOP primary electorate was still less than the others combined.

I haven't seen evidence that hard right republicans didn't come out and vote for Romney. the difference with trump is the general electorate hard-righters came out and voted during the primary.

that said, I suspect Rubio could have won, too. but the angry white supremacist male segment of the GOP gathered around Donald and split among the other candidates. trump's 40% of the GOP primary electorate was still less than the others combined.
Of course you didn't. Why would you even look for it? Weren't you dancing in the streets when Obama won?

For those interested, like the Olympics, winners and losers are separated by just a few fractions of percentage points. Romney lost because too many Republicans stayed home. Here, you decide based on facts:

Voter Turnout in Presidential Elections

2012 Voter Turnout Report | Bipartisan Policy Center
http://cdn.bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-...ault/files/2012 Voter Turnout Full Report.pdf
Turnout was down for both Republicans and Democrats, falling 4.2 percentage points for the Democrats from 33.0 percent of eligible citizens in 2008 to 28.8 this year; and 1.2 percentage points for the GOP from 28.4 in 2008 to 27.2 this year....

....Democratic turnout also increased in only two states and the same states—Louisiana (up .4 percentage points) and Iowa (0.1) The largest decreases were in New York (minus 7.8 percentage points), DC (-7.1), Utah (-6.7), and Illinois (6.4). Republican turnout increased in 15 states led by North Dakota (up 2.7 percentage points), followed by Wisconsin (2.5), Utah (1.6), Iowa (1.5) and Massachusetts (1.1). The largest decreases were in Indiana (minus 5.1 percentage points), followed by New Jersey (-4.7), New York (-4.5), Oklahoma (-3.7) and Mississippi (-3.4).....

....Based on raw and unadjusted registration figures, Democratic registration is 36 percent of eligible voters, down by 2.2 percentage points from 2008; Republican registration is 27.2, unchanged from 2008 and on the same level as it has been for several election cycles. Republican registration has remained steady due to an increase in Southern and Mountain states registration that have compensated for losses in the West and New England. Registration for neither major party is at 23.8 percent of eligible voters, up from 22.0 in 2008 and now nipping at the heels of the two major parties......

....The winner-take-all aspect of choosing electors, effectively limiting presidential electoral competition to a handful of competitive states, has a major impact on turnout. In swing or battleground states, where large amounts of money are spent on saturation television advertising, massive mobilization efforts and the location of the majority of campaign forays - the average turnout in this year’s election was 62.7 percent of eligible voters. Across the rest of the nation, average turnout was 54.8 percent. Seven states set record lows for overall presidential year turnout – Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Utah and West Virginia. There were four record Democratic turnout lows - in Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah and West Virginia. The Republicans achieved record high turnout in two states - Alabama and North Carolina - and one record low in Hawaii. The highest overall turnout was recorded in Minnesota with 74.6 percent of eligible citizens voting, followed by Wisconsin (71.3), Iowa (69.2), New Hampshire (68.6 percent and still counting) and Massachusetts (66.6 percent) - likely due to the Warren/Brown race for the Senate. The lowest overall state turnout - excluding two states, Arizona and Alaska, which still have many ballots to count - was in Hawaii at 43.6 percent of eligible citizens, followed by West Virginia (45.1), New York (46.3), Oklahoma (48.5) and Texas (48.9). The highest Democratic turnout was in the District of Columbia which recorded a 47.9 percent turnout, followed by Massachusetts (40.4), Vermont (40.3) Minnesota (39.4) and Wisconsin (37.7). The lowest Democratic turnout occurred in Utah at 12.5 percent of citizen voters, followed by Wyoming (15.8), West Virginia (16.0), Oklahoma (16.1) and Arkansas (18.1). There were only two states that increased their turnout in 2012 compared with 2008 – Louisiana which increased its turnout by .14 percentage points and Iowa which increased by .11. Excepting the states which are still counting large numbers ballots, those whose rates declined most were New York (minus 21 percentage points) and New Jersey (minus 15.6), probably in part due to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Other states whose turnout rates dropped sharply were Maine (minus 8.1), Kansas (-7.4), Vermont (-7.4) and Rhode Island (-7.3). Democratic turnout also increased in only two states and the same states—Louisiana (up .4 percentage points) and Iowa (0.1) The largest decreases were in New York (minus 7.8 percentage points), DC (-7.1), Utah (-6.7), and Illinois (6.4). Republican turnout increased in 15 states led by North Dakota (up 2.7 percentage points), followed by Wisconsin (2.5), Utah (1.6), Iowa (1.5) and Massachusetts (1.1). The largest decreases were in Indiana (minus 5.1 percentage points), followed by New Jersey (-4.7), New York (-4.5), Oklahoma (-3.7) and Mississippi (-3.4). It is not clear from the results of this election whether this year’s low turnout is a one-time setback to the rise in turnout which started with the 2000 election or a return to the slide in participation that began in 1964 and continued, with two one-election interruptions, through 1998. That question will likely be answered by the 2014 midterm election and the 2016 presidential election. This report also includes an update to the BPC/CSAE report on registration, adding three states that have certified their registration, including one state that has partisan

Of course you didn't. Why would you even look for it? Weren't you dancing in the streets when Obama won?

For those interested, like the Olympics, winners and losers are separated by just a few fractions of percentage points. Romney lost because too many Republicans stayed home. Here, you decide based on facts:

Voter Turnout in Presidential Elections

2012 Voter Turnout Report | Bipartisan Policy Center
http://cdn.bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/default/files/2012 Voter Turnout Full Report.pdf
Turnout was down for both Republicans and Democrats, falling 4.2 percentage points for the Democrats from 33.0 percent of eligible citizens in 2008 to 28.8 this year; and 1.2 percentage points for the GOP from 28.4 in 2008 to 27.2 this year....

....Democratic turnout also increased in only two states and the same states—Louisiana (up .4 percentage points) and Iowa (0.1) The largest decreases were in New York (minus 7.8 percentage points), DC (-7.1), Utah (-6.7), and Illinois (6.4). Republican turnout increased in 15 states led by North Dakota (up 2.7 percentage points), followed by Wisconsin (2.5), Utah (1.6), Iowa (1.5) and Massachusetts (1.1). The largest decreases were in Indiana (minus 5.1 percentage points), followed by New Jersey (-4.7), New York (-4.5), Oklahoma (-3.7) and Mississippi (-3.4).....

....Based on raw and unadjusted registration figures, Democratic registration is 36 percent of eligible voters, down by 2.2 percentage points from 2008; Republican registration is 27.2, unchanged from 2008 and on the same level as it has been for several election cycles. Republican registration has remained steady due to an increase in Southern and Mountain states registration that have compensated for losses in the West and New England. Registration for neither major party is at 23.8 percent of eligible voters, up from 22.0 in 2008 and now nipping at the heels of the two major parties......

....The winner-take-all aspect of choosing electors, effectively limiting presidential electoral competition to a handful of competitive states, has a major impact on turnout. In swing or battleground states, where large amounts of money are spent on saturation television advertising, massive mobilization efforts and the location of the majority of campaign forays - the average turnout in this year’s election was 62.7 percent of eligible voters. Across the rest of the nation, average turnout was 54.8 percent. Seven states set record lows for overall presidential year turnout – Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Utah and West Virginia. There were four record Democratic turnout lows - in Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah and West Virginia. The Republicans achieved record high turnout in two states - Alabama and North Carolina - and one record low in Hawaii. The highest overall turnout was recorded in Minnesota with 74.6 percent of eligible citizens voting, followed by Wisconsin (71.3), Iowa (69.2), New Hampshire (68.6 percent and still counting) and Massachusetts (66.6 percent) - likely due to the Warren/Brown race for the Senate. The lowest overall state turnout - excluding two states, Arizona and Alaska, which still have many ballots to count - was in Hawaii at 43.6 percent of eligible citizens, followed by West Virginia (45.1), New York (46.3), Oklahoma (48.5) and Texas (48.9). The highest Democratic turnout was in the District of Columbia which recorded a 47.9 percent turnout, followed by Massachusetts (40.4), Vermont (40.3) Minnesota (39.4) and Wisconsin (37.7). The lowest Democratic turnout occurred in Utah at 12.5 percent of citizen voters, followed by Wyoming (15.8), West Virginia (16.0), Oklahoma (16.1) and Arkansas (18.1). There were only two states that increased their turnout in 2012 compared with 2008 – Louisiana which increased its turnout by .14 percentage points and Iowa which increased by .11. Excepting the states which are still counting large numbers ballots, those whose rates declined most were New York (minus 21 percentage points) and New Jersey (minus 15.6), probably in part due to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Other states whose turnout rates dropped sharply were Maine (minus 8.1), Kansas (-7.4), Vermont (-7.4) and Rhode Island (-7.3). Democratic turnout also increased in only two states and the same states—Louisiana (up .4 percentage points) and Iowa (0.1) The largest decreases were in New York (minus 7.8 percentage points), DC (-7.1), Utah (-6.7), and Illinois (6.4). Republican turnout increased in 15 states led by North Dakota (up 2.7 percentage points), followed by Wisconsin (2.5), Utah (1.6), Iowa (1.5) and Massachusetts (1.1). The largest decreases were in Indiana (minus 5.1 percentage points), followed by New Jersey (-4.7), New York (-4.5), Oklahoma (-3.7) and Mississippi (-3.4). It is not clear from the results of this election whether this year’s low turnout is a one-time setback to the rise in turnout which started with the 2000 election or a return to the slide in participation that began in 1964 and continued, with two one-election interruptions, through 1998. That question will likely be answered by the 2014 midterm election and the 2016 presidential election. This report also includes an update to the BPC/CSAE report on registration, adding three states that have certified their registration, including one state that has partisan

that doesn't say what you want it to. what it says is the electoral map, by it's nature, suppresses ALL turnout in non-swing states.

there is no indication that the "hard right" didn't vote..... you know, "for those who are interested".

and no. I didn't "dance in the streets". :cuckoo:

he was simply better than the other guy.... had Romney run as a moderate (which he had always been) he probably would have won, too.

of course the rabid right doesn't get that.

Trump will have no problem
Nothing personal, purely business. Care to bet $25 on it? Payable to the winner's "Gold Membership", therefore no personal data is exchanged and the forum is better supported no matter who wins or loses. Deal?

I've offered this same bet to several others and they all ignored me. Why do you think that is?

that doesn't say what you want it to. what it says is the electoral map, by it's nature, suppresses ALL turnout in non-swing states.

there is no indication that the "hard right" didn't vote..... you know, "for those who are interested".

and no. I didn't "dance in the streets". :cuckoo:

he was simply better than the other guy.... had Romney run as a moderate (which he had always been) he probably would have won, too.

of course the rabid right doesn't get that.
Seriously? Your opinion is limited to he won because "he was simply better than the other guy"? Okay. If that allows you to sleep better at night, go for it.

Trump will have no problem
Nothing personal, purely business. Care to bet $25 on it? Payable to the winner's "Gold Membership", therefore no personal data is exchanged and the forum is better supported no matter who wins or loses. Deal?

I've offered this same bet to several others and they all ignored me. Why do you think that is?
I have no idea what the gold membership is, what is it?

can't explain why. I'm in. Shake?
Shake. Just so we're clear; You and I are betting a $25 Gold Membership. You think Trump will be elected President and I think Hillary will be elected President. This has nothing to do with personal preferences or politics, simply a bet on who American voters will elect as President in November. The loser of the bet will pay $25 dollars to USMB for a Gold Membership for the winner. If Trump becomes President, I will pay a Gold Membership for you, if Hillary wins, you will pay for a Gold Membership for me. Is that agreed upon? Do you agree this is our bet?

Shake. Just so we're clear; You and I are betting a $25 Gold Membership. You think Trump will be elected President and I think Hillary will be elected President. This has nothing to do with personal preferences or politics, simply a bet on who American voters will elect as President in November. The loser of the bet will pay $25 dollars to USMB for a Gold Membership for the winner. If Trump becomes President, I will pay a Gold Membership for you, if Hillary wins, you will pay for a Gold Membership for me. Is that agreed upon? Do you agree this is our bet?
Agree

Agree
Great!

You're so cute when you get all feisty like this.

hubba_hubba_by_jessiiroo-d9wk58b.png

Agree
Enjoy your Gold Membership! Best $25 bet I ever lost. :D

Agree
You bet, a tough race and it was neck and neck for a very long time. I am very thrilled with the outcome.

Thanks, jc456

Agree
You bet, a tough race and it was neck and neck for a very long time. I am very thrilled with the outcome.

Thanks, jc456
Agreed!

PS: I'll be watching to see your "Gold Supporting Member" banner to show up.

And Andrew Breitbart mysteriously died just before releasing very damaging news about the Obama regime. Democrats bump off adversaries all the time and the Clintons have been doing it for decades.

I remember growing up in Texas and LBJ had a rep there for having had a couple of political rivals killed just before they could beat him in an election. The corpse of one was found in a swamp.

When rumors started that LBJ had something to do with the JFK assassination, few saw it as incompatible with LBJs character nor his track record.

A man named Roger Stone has a damned good book out about the death of JFK and he points the finger squarely at LBJ.

Forum List

Back