Another liberal idiot. Repeal 2nd amendment or death to gun owners

Violent and nuts is not a good combination. I've noticed the hate rhetoric coming out of the left is really accelerating lately.

A liberal threatening legal gun owners to turn over their guns or face death. The irony here is by threatening gun owners with death, this lunatic and supporters have just made the case for more gun ownership and strengthened the 2nd Amendment.

A liberal threatening legal gun owners to turn over their guns or face death. The irony here is by threatening gun owners with death, this lunatic and supporters have just made the case for more gun ownership and strengthened the 2nd Amendment.

Or not.........depends on how good an administration is at jumping on a crisis-too-good-to-waste. Both British and Australian governments got guns out of the hands of private citizens by quick action while sentiment was high over truly grotesque and terrible gun massacres by insane people in these countries.

Hitler moved VERY fast to take advantage of the burning of the Reichstag (he established a military dictatorship right then) and the assassination of a German embassy staff member in Paris by a Jew. Krystalnacht was organized while the staff member was dying and it was all set to go inside a week. Hundreds were killed, thousands of businesses and synagogues were destroyed. After that, as many Jews as could got out, which was the point of the action.

Closer to home, Bush and Rumsfeld and Cheney certainly used strong feeling about 9/11/2001 to push through the war on Iraq they wanted, to replace the Saddam Hussein government. That had no conceivable connection with 9/11, but it was astute use of a crisis to get something else done. That's how big things are done, when they are done at all.
That's how Woodrow Wilson got us into WWI despite running on a platform "He kept us out of war." He released the Zimmerman Telegram as soon as he was sworn in for a second term, and that captured telegram DID propose to Mexico that it make war on us with German help and conquer most of the Southwest of the United States. A week later Congress declared war on Germany. (We ignored Mexico, which said it knew nothing about nothing, of course.)

That's how it is done when it is done capably, but this government is mired in inaction on all possible fronts, so I don't expect it to take advantage of ANY crisis.

But it's not at all implausible that another big gun atrocity will result in general confiscation of weapons: it did in England and Scotland and Australia, after all.

At some point, liberals are going to have to stop talking and start acting.

I guess not everybody gets satire.

The actual opinion piece (which is here, since the OP article won't link it) is a tongue-in-cheek fantasy.

It goes on:
>> Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn&#8217;t work, I&#8217;d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I&#8217;ll bet gun sales will rise. <<

Now who here thinks Kaul is actually calling for Boehner and McConnell to be dragged around a parking lot behind a pickup truck? Raise your hands.

I wonder why the OP article couldn't link the story it was talking about. It's not like it wasn't available... :dunno:

The Examiner and Newsbusters. Also known as Gullible's Travels... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

The actual opinion piece (which is here, since the OP article won't link it) is a tongue-in-cheek fantasy.

It goes on:
>> Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise. <<

Now who here thinks Kaul is actually calling for Boehner and McConnell to be dragged around a parking lot behind a pickup truck? Raise your hands.

I wonder why the OP article couldn't link the story it was talking about. It's not like it wasn't available... :dunno:

The Examiner and Newsbusters. Also known as Gullible's Travels... :eusa_whistle:

It's still not available as a clickable link to me. Seems odd it's so hard to get to.

But it DOES, seriously, answer the major, principle point gun nuts are always making, that they reason they go to gun shows every weekend and buy yet MOREMOREMORE assault rifles and such is so there will be too many for the gov. to get.

That's just silly, however: everyone can think of the answer to that one, and this editorial did (turn them in, and if you don't and we catch you, it's the firing squad for you).

That's exactly what the dictatorship in the series Revolution did, and it sure didn't take them long, either. Anybody has firearms but them, they shoot them. Settles that problem of who has the monopoly on violence.

Doesn't sound like a joke to me since it's the obvious solution for a population that goes into rebellion.

It goes on:

And if that didn&#8217;t work, I&#8217;d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I&#8217;ll bet gun sales will rise. <<

It's still not available as a clickable link to me. Seems odd it's so hard to get to.

But it DOES, seriously, answer the major, principle point gun nuts are always making, that they reason they go to gun shows every weekend and buy yet MOREMOREMORE assault rifles and such....
More evidence that the anti-gun side can only argue from emotion, ignorance, and/or dishonesty.
Few, if any, assault rifles are ever bought at a gun show.

Few, if any, assault rifles are ever bought at a gun show.
Nonsense. I know for a fact of some men who did just that in the last couple years.
No, you don't.

Of course, you don't realize this because you are ignorant to the specific meaning of the term "assault rifle", and wish to remain so.

Thus, every time you use the term, you provide more evidence that the anti-gun side can only argue from emotion, ignorance, and/or dishonesty.

It goes on:

But it DOES, seriously, answer the major, principle point gun nuts are always making, that they reason they go to gun shows every weekend and buy yet MOREMOREMORE assault rifles and such is so there will be too many for the gov. to get.

That's just silly, however: everyone can think of the answer to that one, and this editorial did (turn them in, and if you don't and we catch you, it's the firing squad for you).

That's exactly what the dictatorship in the series Revolution did, and it sure didn't take them long, either. Anybody has firearms but them, they shoot them. Settles that problem of who has the monopoly on violence.

Doesn't sound like a joke to me since it's the obvious solution for a population that goes into rebellion.

Sorry about that -- I put the wrong value in the clipboard. The link is fixed now. Also fixed it in the quote above. :redface:

But yes, it's satire, not to be taken seriously. Which tells us why the hair-on-fire sites won't link it -- they're counting on readers to take their word for what's in the original. Kinda typical of that sort of hucksterism but people seem to eat it up like candy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back