Another cnn opinion piece supporting polygamy

You know damn well this thread is about gay marriage. Polygamy is CNN's ruse to placate the masses into shoehorning in polygamy so gay marraige won't fall in legal arguments.

Really...just read the post at the top of this page and stop playing dumb..

Who is harmed?

The moral fabric of society is harmed.

Again, how?

Frankly, what I think harms the moral fabric of society is war and the fact that millions go to bed hungry every night.

But I don't define morality as "Where people are sticking their genitals".

That said, Polygamy probably wouldn't work in most cases because human beings are by nature jealous and petty and not inclined to share.

But we already have "Polygamy" for the affluent. One is called "the Wife" and the other is called "The Mistress".

You know damn well this thread is about gay marriage. Polygamy is CNN's ruse to placate the masses into shoehorning in polygamy so gay marraige won't fall in legal arguments.

Really...just read the post at the top of this page and stop playing dumb..

Since I know people involved in polyamorous relationships, I see that a thread about polygamy might just be about polygamy.

I have read the post at the page. I get that you are focused on the fact that Harvey Milk molested boys. I think he is as much a rapist as a molester, but that is splitting hairs.

If you see a conspiracy here more power to you. I see an attempt to discuss polygamy.

Who is harmed?

How would that be?

I can legally have a wife and a mistress on the side. I can legally have children with both women and not break any laws

However, if I want to be legally responsible in both relationships through marriage, I am breaking the law

If the relationship is between consenting adults and nobody is harmed, why should I care?

Who is harmed?

How would that be?

I can legally have a wife and a mistress on the side. I can legally have children with both women and not break any laws

However, if I want to be legally responsible in both relationships through marriage, I am breaking the law

If the relationship is between consenting adults and nobody is harmed, why should I care?

Apparently these people think that if they do not allow the marriages, then poly relationships will not exist. It works the same with gay couples. Somehow, if they are not allowed to marry there will me fewer gays.

How would that be?

Apparently these people think that if they do not allow the marriages, then poly relationships will not exist. It works the same with gay couples. Somehow, if they are not allowed to marry there will me fewer gays.

It is not the idea of marriage that sets them off....it is the sex

They think that by stopping the marriage, they can stop the sex that they find offensive

How would that be?

They think that by stopping the marriage, they can stop the sex that they find offensive

Its the idea you can marry anything you choose to have sex with. And societies have to respect your choice.

Horseshit.

Its the idea you can marry anything you choose to have sex with. And societies have to respect your choice.

Horseshit.

My view is that a marrige is about a formal, consensual, loving relationship. Sex is secondary. You can have sex whether you are married or not

I believe society has to have a valid reason to prohibit you from marrying. The fact that some people say "yuck" at the idea of your sex life is not a valid reason. Pedophilia, bestiality, incest are valid reasons

Once perversion is accepted as normal, there's no stopping perversion. We will see the whole gamut of perversion before it's done. Unless we are overrun and defeated by a people with a better moral fabric.

I believe society has to have a valid reason to prohibit you from marrying. The fact that some people say "yuck" at the idea of your sex life is not a valid reason. Pedophilia, bestiality, incest are valid reasons

Yuck is valid reason societally.

Yuck is not valid reason to prohibit acts between consenting adults.

But States and their respective citizens do not have to sanction the behavior based on Yuck.

Once polygamy becomes acceptable, equality demands that women be allowed to have more than one husband and each of those husbands can have more than one wife, and each of those wives can have more than one husband.

The communes of the 60s will finally be legitimized.

Yuck is valid reason societally.

Yuck is not valid reason to prohibit acts between consenting adults.

But States and their respective citizens do not have to sanction the behavior based on Yuck.

Up until the last 10-20 years, the idea of a black man marrying a white woman carried alot of "yuck" with it. Even today, many people oppose it

It had nothing to do with a marriage relationship and was based soley on the repulsiveness of a black man having sex with a white woman

It is none of societies business

Who cares?

Who is harmed?

Nice to see all the non-answers given. Of course, the typical response involves claiming it will be pedophiles and incest next.

Ridiculous answers.

By just adding a tag of "ridiculous" or other such comment meant to demean anyone who finds meat in worthy and logical argument, your subsitution for actual substance in your position is duly noted..

There is a well known culture of pedophilia in polygamy cults and a lesser known one in the LGBT cult:

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

Mayo Clinic 2007
http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf
One of the most obvious examples of an environmental
factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming
an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child
This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”
or “abused-abusers phenomena.”

why the “abusedabusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor,
in which the abused child is trying to gain a new
identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual
arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse
leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place

Now, there's the substance. I'll await your single-shot demeaning remark meant to bully people into feeling bad about taking it seriously...

Last edited:
Who cares?

Who is harmed?

Nice to see all the non-answers given. Of course, the typical response involves claiming it will be pedophiles and incest next.

Ridiculous answers.

By just adding a tag of "ridiculous" or other such comment meant to demean anyone who finds meat in worthy and logical argument, your subsitution for actual substance in your position is duly noted..

There is a well known culture of pedophilia in polygamy cults and a lesser known one in the LGBT cult:

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

Mayo Clinic 2007
http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf
One of the most obvious examples of an environmental
factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming
an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child
This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”
or “abused-abusers phenomena.”

why the “abusedabusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor,
in which the abused child is trying to gain a new
identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual
arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse
leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place

Now, there's the substance. I'll await your single-shot demeaning remark meant to bully people into feeling bad about taking it seriously...

Hence the term "consenting adults"

Forum List

Back