Anonymous Charges End Placido Domingo’s US Career

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
5556885295_9bc4969280_k.jpg

An amazing artist who has been responsible for bringing opera to millions of Americans can no longer perform in the USA – all due to 9 women, only 1 identified, who accused him of hitting on them – 20 to 40 years ago.

On August 13, 2019, however, the AP announced that nine females, all but one anonymous, were accusing Domingo of making unwanted sexual advances decades ago. The accusers—chorus singers, a few small-time soloists, and one ballet dancer—alleged wet kisses, solicitations to rehearse at his apartment, whispered blandishments while on stage, a hand down a shirt or up a skirt in cabs, and persistent phone calls.

The latest of the incidents allegedly occurred in the early 2000s; most dated from the 1980s and 1990s. Some of the accusers had had voluntary sexual liaisons with the singer, yet still asserted victimhood. An anonymous singer with LA Opera claimed that in 1998, after they kissed on his couch, he undressed her in his bedroom for a session of “heavy petting” and “groping.” A mezzo soprano in the chorus of LA Opera slept with Domingo in 1991 at the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and at his apartment. After those two encounters, she cut off physical contact. The one named accuser, soprano Patricia Wulf, said that he never touched her, but used to whisper in her ear backstage: “Do you have to go home tonight?”

No proof. No faces behind the accusations. Is he a conservative or something that the Left is attacking him?

More @ The Defenestration of Domingo - Quillette

Yeah, Heather McDonald also thinks it's cool when cops shoot unarmed black kids, so there's that.

I honestly do think that the #MeToo Movement has kind of turned into a witch hunt... we've enabled every bitter ex-girlfriend to exact revenge.

Seems to me that if Domingo wasn't guilty of something, he'd be able to get a lawyer and sue some people.

I don't care about the 'opera' but its interesting the way anonymous claims are given weight and legitimacy eh .

go girls , mess this guy up good asan example . AND best in reality to follow Vice Presidents advice about strange known and unknown women even if they are known to you .

20-30 years is a long time ago. Many times accusations like this are made to get a little dough re mi. If this was truly a problem, it should have been dealt with years ago. It wasn't like this man was in hiding.

Yeah, Heather McDonald also thinks it's cool when cops shoot unarmed black kids, so there's that.

I honestly do think that the #MeToo Movement has kind of turned into a witch hunt... we've enabled every bitter ex-girlfriend to exact revenge.

Seems to me that if Domingo wasn't guilty of something, he'd be able to get a lawyer and sue some people.
If he only knew who to sue. But alas, everyone is anonymous.

20-30 years is a long time ago. Many times accusations like this are made to get a little dough re mi. If this was truly a problem, it should have been dealt with years ago. It wasn't like this man was in hiding.
Amen to this! When there is nothing to hide, no one minds and if money is what the women are really wanting to score, doesn't the guy need at least some idea of who to send it to? Duh, ladies!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. When are people going to learn that silence only makes the victim list grow longer? But then again if their brain train can only travel so far where one issue is concerned, how far will it go for another?

Forum List

Back