Anniversary of the fall of Berlin Wall

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
President Reagan should have been given the Nobel Prize for ending the Cold War that liberating millions of eastern European from Left Wing oppression.

reaganberlinwallydytfhtf.jpg

Over 100,000 celebrate 30 years since fall of Berlin Wall

Reagan statue to be unveiled at US embassy in Berlin 30 years after fall of wall

You know, it’s incredible to think their freedom was only gained 30 years ago.

Reagan would slap Trump silly for his open admiration for Putin and refusing to acknowledge his attack on American democracy. The party of Reagan is dead.

Reagan would slap Trump silly for his open admiration for Putin and refusing to acknowledge his attack on American democracy. The party of Reagan is dead.
Spreading misinformation or just ill informed?

I give the credit mostly to what Lech Walesa and his Solidarity movement started in Poland. He truly earned the Nobel Peace Prize presented to him in '83.

And, to whom did Walesa give credit?

"When Pope John Paul II stood on the balcony of St. Peter’s, he said, “Be not afraid,” and in closing prayed, “Let the Spirit descend. Let the Spirit descend, and renew the face of the earth, the face of this land.” While this prayer and exhortation were said to the world, the Polish people, especially, knew he was addressing them. Lech Walesa said that these words energized the Solidarity movement in Poland."
What was Pope John Paul II's role in the fall of the Soviet Union? - Catholic Straight Answers

And, even worse for communism, Marxism was defeated by religion.

In December of 1989, Gorbachev visited the Vatican and tacitly admitted that atheism had been defeated by religious belief. "He made this quite explicit when he introduced his wife to he pope, saying, 'Raisa Maximova, I have the honor to introduce the highest moral authority on earth." O'Sullivan, "The President, the Pope, And the Prime Minister: Three Who Changed the World,"
by John O'Sullivan
p. 308

Can you imagine that???
This from Karl Marx's emissary!

Lenin was implacably opposed to all religious sentiment, as was Marx. 'Any religious idea,' he wrote to Maxim Gorky in 1913, ...is the most dangerous foulness, the most shameful "infection."
Overy, 'The Dictators', p. 270.

Ronald Reagan shared with the Founders a belief in something that the Evil Empire could not conquer.

May it ever be so.

Proof that walls work if you're willing to build the guard towers to make them effective.

I have seen all this vintage musicals of Berlin back then....not so much politics....but musicals....

It's all part of my life....I guess ....very interesting...I like it

President Reagan should have been given the Nobel Prize for ending the Cold War that liberating millions of eastern European from Left Wing oppression.

View attachment 289215

Over 100,000 celebrate 30 years since fall of Berlin Wall

Reagan statue to be unveiled at US embassy in Berlin 30 years after fall of wall

Trump put a statue of Reagan in Germany, of course Democrats are pissed.

That's okay, democrats plan to erect a statue of Marx in DC.

Forum List

Back