Ann Coulter praises Joe Biden on Afghanistan?

Personally I would do like China and open trade with whatever the new Afghanistan government looks like.

We will likely piss and moan when other countries do so.
Unfortunate that the current POSPOTUS will benefit by the Chinese communists running drugs and WalMart goods through Gwadar.

The best course of action is terminate the military, close the pentagon, and fire all the generals.

War is a racket.
That's probably a good idea at this point. These people have become a malignancy. Just on the issue of uniforms alone, when the military budget was exploded after 9/11 the Army ended up with an asinine uniform pattern that only camouflaged us in concrete rubble. In any other environment it made us more visible. Then they threw every other piece of equipment in the trash and replaced it with this garbage pattern and now that they've dumped that UCP pastern, they're doing it all over again. No entity wastes more money than the military.

Lets not even get into all the ordinance and shit that gets lost or just destroyed with wanton disregard for the tax payer, or the hordes of civil "servants" and contractors who have "jobs" where little if anything productive is accomplished. We could slash the military in half just to keep the boats at sea, the airplanes and missiles ready to go, and rely on the armed population to resist foreign invasion. The millions of hunters in this country with scoped rifles alone would outnumber all the armies of the world. Never mind the millions of normal people with AR's, AK's, or even thug pieces of shit with handguns.

Some people worry about the UN's military coming in to take our guns, I'm looking at the opportunity to take the armored trucks and shit we gave them back for our own use.

Unfortunate that the current POSPOTUS will benefit by the Chinese communists running drugs and WalMart goods through Gwadar.

It's good I suppose when we control the drugs but not the Communists because obviously the Communist drugs are more evil.

Look everyone, someone out there thinks Joe Biden handled Afghanistan well. I reckon that now makes two people on planet earth

Maybe she will let Biden sniff her hair as well.
hmmm. I didnt know she had that consistency. But imo Trump did not "abandon" his promise to get us out. He had to get rid of Mattis, McMaster and Kelly first. Of course he never should have included them in his admin.

hmmm. I didnt know she had that consistency. But imo Trump did not "abandon" his promise to get us out. He had to get rid of Mattis, McMaster and Kelly first. Of course he never should have included them in his admin.

It was entirely the president's call.

Look everyone, someone out there thinks Joe Biden handled Afghanistan well. I reckon that now makes two people on planet earth

Maybe she will let Biden sniff her hair as well.
Or let him practice full body massage with Happy ending, to practice his Happy camper policy?

Like I have said before, it wasn’t THAT he got out it is HOW he got out. Trump specifically stated back in 2017 that a rapid exit would be a problem. I guess Ann and liberals all forgot about that. Funny, what Trump said is coming to pass. To make matters worse, he never dreamed it would be compounded by leaving Americans and equipment behind. Biden screwed the pooch. Anyone with any common sense recognizes that.
Not really. IN fact, nothing happened here that wasn't called for in the Doha Accords EXCEPT the Doha accords didn't expect Ghani to completely screw the pooch.

“Second, the consequences of a rapid exit are both predictable and unacceptable. 9/11, the worst terrorist attack in our history, was planned and directed from Afghanistan because that country was ruled by a government that gave comfort and shelter to terrorists,” he continued. “A hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum that terrorists, including ISIS and al Qaeda, would instantly fill, just as happened before September 11th.”

Dun-der, Cleetus, it happens a lot faster when you pull out 80% of the troops and cut a secret deal with the enemy to release 5000 of their fighters. Which is exactly what Trump did.

What we did there was like running from your burning house and leaving your children behind. Classless, cowardly, poorly planned and selfish. The ends don't nearly justify the means in this case.

The problem with that metaphor is that the Afghans are not our children. At the end of the day, they made their own choice.. Their choice is "We're good with the Taliban running things."

I can't blame Coulter for jumping ship. She's an excellent writer who wasn't getting any love from the Rs and she definitely wanted to be in the spotlight. But I find Biden's execution of this withdraw to be a debacle. And all the Ds are still defending his action so I must assume they approve. Personally, I think what Biden did was like waking up, going to the bathroom and then getting out of bed. Or getting out of the shower, putting your clothes on, and then trying to get your underwear on. Total incompetence by him and especially his military appointees who are allegedly trained for this. None of these people would ever work for me.

I am waiting for you to tell me what Biden should have done that would have not caused the Afghan government to fold like a cheap suit. And the end of the day, we asked the Afghans to fight OUR war for us. It wasn't their war. We asked people to shoot at their neighbors and sometimes their family members, not to benefit them, but to benefit us.

And you are surprised they stopped doing that? I'm not.

And now we have another session of Cleetus's Dun Der Fureign Policy RoundTable by the OutHouse

Did he have to leave 10% of Americans behind and so much equipment? Seriously? The answer is a definitive NO. The getting out part was not hard, but controlling the aftermath was more difficult.

That equipment was sold to the Afghan military... Can't give them something and then get upset when they don't use it to fight our war.

I am of the mindset to keep 2500 troops there along with the Afghan security forces and just hold steady. We have many more troops all over the world in less strategic locations.

Um, yeah. Those countries have functioning governments their people actually wanted.

We now have zero control and no boots on the ground for intel anywhere near ground zero for terrorisms.
So what? Hey, guy, if we had intel, it clearly didn't see how fast the Taliban were regaining strength, did it?

What will we do when the Taliban decides to try to take nuclear Pakistan again?

Um. Nothing. The Pakistanis are the ones who funded the Taliban, it would kind of serve them right.

No it is the training house of terrorists whose main goal is to harm the US. Since we can’t move to get away from them, the logical and pragmatic approach is to stop the training or endure their constant attacks.

Or we could just stop following policies to piss them off like supporting the Zionist Entity and getting involved in every civil war over there.

Funny thing. You never see the Terrorists attack Japan. It's not because they think Godzilla will get them, it's because Japan minds it's own fucking business. We should start doing that.

Ah, Mac it's always sweet when you try to display your Islamophobia like you are superior or something.

Maybe this has taught us that sacrificing thousands of young American lives, limbs, minds and families, and trillions of dollars, is not worth trying to drag a 17th-Century civilization kicking and screaming into something resembling modernity.

Maybe you think that this has been worth it. I don't.

Or maybe that we had the kind of arrogant attitudes about their culture made it a bad idea. The funny thing about the Taliban and the Afghan Government is if you sat them down, they'd probably agree on 99% of issues facing their country....

The problem with that metaphor is that the Afghans are not our children. At the end of the day, they made their own choice.. Their choice is "We're good with the Taliban running things."

I am waiting for you to tell me what Biden should have done that would have not caused the Afghan government to fold like a cheap suit. And the end of the day, we asked the Afghans to fight OUR war for us. It wasn't their war. We asked people to shoot at their neighbors and sometimes their family members, not to benefit them, but to benefit us.

And you are surprised they stopped doing that? I'm not.
INTRESTING THOUGHT.

.... we had a reason to go into Afghanistan --the bad guys that murdered more Americans than at Pearl Harbor were there----the Afghanis can't get their shit together----for decades they have been fkd up---murdering EACH OTHER/etc...sure, they don't like us there, but they are part of the reason we were there

And if we limited ourselves to just getting "those guys", I wouldn't have had a problem. Except "those guys", including Bin Laden himself, were out of the country by 2002. So why did we stay an extra 19 years?

More to the point, we probably had the forces to deliver the death blow to Al Qaeda and the Taliban in 2002...but then Bush redeployed those assets to go after Saddam because Saddam might still have some canisters of expired mustard gas they buried in 1991.

Forum List

Back