Angry UNIONS announce HUGE blow to Democrats--Obama

People who hate unions are either

1) very wealthy
2) hate hard working people
3) jealous
4) business owners

Facts are facts. Without unions workers would be way behind the 8 ball. It looks as if things are heading backwards for workers in this country. Keep them down, keep them poor. I would much much rather collect unemployment than work for minimum wage. You can take that one to the bank. And low and behold, I can honestly say I have never paid a union due in my life. But the trend is being set for low paying jobs to be on the horizon. I hope nobody applies for them. Sarcasm.

Only 7% of the working population even belongs to a union in this country. Hey--these are your pit bosse's that just threw democrats and Obama under the bus--go complain to them--would ya?
He wouldn't dare.

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

Facts are facts. Without unions workers would be way behind the 8 ball. It looks as if things are heading backwards for workers in this country. Keep them down, keep them poor. I would much much rather collect unemployment than work for minimum wage. You can take that one to the bank. And low and behold, I can honestly say I have never paid a union due in my life. But the trend is being set for low paying jobs to be on the horizon. I hope nobody applies for them. Sarcasm.

Only 7% of the working population even belongs to a union in this country. Hey--these are your pit bosse's that just threw democrats and Obama under the bus--go complain to them--would ya?
He wouldn't dare.

Yeah you're probably right there. I doubt there are too many union members complaining that their union dues will no longer be going to democrats. I would imagine they would much prefer those dues go to help pay for their benefits.

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

My dad was a Teamster, he said the union was directly responsible for the bankruptcy and closing of the trucking company he had worked for for over 30 years. He worked hard and they treated him right. The problem was he figured there was around 22% of the work force that did nothing. Work Rules and other idiotic "programs" allowed a little more than 20% of the workforce to sit around and collect a paycheck for doing nothing. Eventually the company folded because it couldn't support the dead weight.

Here in Nevada the absolute worst work I've had performed on my house has been from Union electricians and plumbers. It was illegal and horribly unsafe in the case of the electrician. I fired his company and brought in a friend of mine from Cali who is a non union shop but is better at the job then any union person I've ever found. It cost me an extra 10,000 to do it but it was worth not having to worry a bit about the work.

The plumber was almost as bad. After seeing his work I fired him too and did the work myself. Saved a ton of money and I've had no problems. People who used him in my area have nothing but trouble.

Unions have some good workers and they have some bad workers. Never, ever, make the claim that union workers are the bee's knee's. You only make yourself look like an idiot.

Last edited:

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

My dad was a Teamster, he said the union was directly responsible for the bankruptcy and closing of the trucking company he had worked for for over 30 years. He worked hard and they treated him right. The problem was he figured there was around 22% of the work force that did nothing. Work Rules and other idiotic "programs" allowed a little more than 20% of the workforce to sit around and collect a paycheck for doing nothing. Eventually the company folded because it couldn't support the dead weight.

Here in Nevada the absolute worst work I've had performed on my house has been from Union electricians and plumbers. It was illegal and horribly unsafe in the case of the electrician. I fired his company and brought in a friend of mine from Cali who is a non union shop but is better at the job then any union person I've ever found. It cost me an extra 10,000 to do it but it was worth not having to worry a bit about the work.

The plumber was almost as bad. After seeing his work I fired him too and did the work myself. Saved a ton of money and I've had no problems. People who used him in my area have nothing but trouble.

Unions have some good workers and they have some bad workers. Never, ever, make the claim that union workers are the bee's knee's. You only make yourself look like an idiot.

The IBEW--(electrical union) runs into the same kind of thing. In fact, some are called "fleas" union electricians come onto a job--and literally hide out all day--so they can make the job last longer--and then the electrical contractor ends up in bankruptcy court over it.

You have good hard working union members--and then you have your flea's.

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

I was brought up in a union home..

yeah, once upon a time, unions served a function, but they've outlived it. Today they are just havens for the lazy and the inept. Just look at public education.

...or the union shows up for a job and gets paid for all the work done by nonunion workers. Then the nonunion workers lose the job. Thanks for the unemployment, unions.

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

The single laziest human being I ever worked with was a UMW member. If he couldn't do the job (construction laborer) sitting down, he wouldn't do it. Kept mouthing off about getting the union to shut down the site. :cool:

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

I was brought up in a union home..

yeah, once upon a time, unions served a function, but they've outlived it. Today they are just havens for the lazy and the inept. Just look at public education.

DITTO--now they're just a giant slush fund for the DNC--or should I say WAS.

In a huge public blow to the electoral fortunes of both President Obama and the Democratic Party, the president of the AFL-CIO said Thursday that organized labor is preparing to ditch Democrats and go it alone in building up its own grassroots structure.

Specifically, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka told reporters that the nation’s largest labor federation will scale back their involvement with the Democratic Party in advance of the 2012 elections.

In 2008, unions spent over $400 million for Obama's election. Asked if the AFL’s move is a huge blow to Obama, Democratic pollster Doug Schoen told Newsmax.TV: “Absolutely. Obama needs to get labor back and I think he’ll be courting them furiously in the weeks and months to come."

While Trumka had nothing but scathing words for the tea party movement, he laid out a scenario that very much mirrored the tea party’s grassroots structure and its clout in the GOP. The vision is for big labor to wield the clout that it once had inside the Democratic Party and on the liberal end of the spectrum in American politics.

Trumka made it clear that his plan will cost the Democrats both contributions and labor volunteers in many districts almost immediately. That would cripple key Democratic get-out-the-vote efforts in many swing districts on Election Day.

“We’re going to use a lot of our money to build structures that work for working people” Trumka said, according to Politico.“You’re going to see us give less money to build structures for others, and more of our money will be used to build our own structure.”

Trumka’s remarks came after the news earlier this week that the AFL-CIO will set up a so-called super PAC to spend unlimited amounts of money on political activity for next year’s elections and beyond. Trumka confirmed Thursday that the union is moving forward with plans to create the PAC.

The AFL-CIO’s outside effort will help keep union-backed candidates more accountable for promises made on the campaign trail, Trumka said.

“Let’s assume we spent $100 in the last election,” he said, explaining the union’s position.

“The day after Election Day, we were no stronger than we were the day before,” said Trumka. “If we had spent that [$100] on creating a structure for working people that would be there year round, then we are stronger.”

Trumka also said that many labor leaders are weighing whether to skip the party’s 2012 convention.

Angry Unions Sever Ties With Democrats, Obama

I just can't believe it took this long for unions to server ties with Obama. This is the most anti-business administration in a 150 years--

View attachment 14937

There is going to be panic in the streets over this one, all those Democrats that are up for re-election rely " heavily" on the unions for funding and support- there goes their gravy train. I wonder when they are going to run a primary against Obama, like Kennedy did with Jimmy Carter.

I don't remember UNIONS making an announcement on any other Democrat President--it appears that the Democrat slush fund is GONE.

In a huge public blow to the electoral fortunes of both President Obama and the Democratic Party, the president of the AFL-CIO said Thursday that organized labor is preparing to ditch Democrats and go it alone in building up its own grassroots structure.

Specifically, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka told reporters that the nation’s largest labor federation will scale back their involvement with the Democratic Party in advance of the 2012 elections.

In 2008, unions spent over $400 million for Obama's election. Asked if the AFL’s move is a huge blow to Obama, Democratic pollster Doug Schoen told Newsmax.TV: “Absolutely. Obama needs to get labor back and I think he’ll be courting them furiously in the weeks and months to come."

While Trumka had nothing but scathing words for the tea party movement, he laid out a scenario that very much mirrored the tea party’s grassroots structure and its clout in the GOP. The vision is for big labor to wield the clout that it once had inside the Democratic Party and on the liberal end of the spectrum in American politics.

Trumka made it clear that his plan will cost the Democrats both contributions and labor volunteers in many districts almost immediately. That would cripple key Democratic get-out-the-vote efforts in many swing districts on Election Day.

“We’re going to use a lot of our money to build structures that work for working people” Trumka said, according to Politico.“You’re going to see us give less money to build structures for others, and more of our money will be used to build our own structure.”

Trumka’s remarks came after the news earlier this week that the AFL-CIO will set up a so-called super PAC to spend unlimited amounts of money on political activity for next year’s elections and beyond. Trumka confirmed Thursday that the union is moving forward with plans to create the PAC.

The AFL-CIO’s outside effort will help keep union-backed candidates more accountable for promises made on the campaign trail, Trumka said.

“Let’s assume we spent $100 in the last election,” he said, explaining the union’s position.

“The day after Election Day, we were no stronger than we were the day before,” said Trumka. “If we had spent that [$100] on creating a structure for working people that would be there year round, then we are stronger.”

Trumka also said that many labor leaders are weighing whether to skip the party’s 2012 convention.

Angry Unions Sever Ties With Democrats, Obama

I just can't believe it took this long for unions to server ties with Obama. This is the most anti-business administration in a 150 years--

View attachment 14937

There is going to be panic in the streets over this one, all those Democrats that are up for re-election rely " heavily" on the unions for funding and support- there goes their gravy train. I wonder when they are going to run a primary against Obama, like Kennedy did with Jimmy Carter.

There goes that estimate of Obama raising 1 billion for his campaign--:lol: He is going to have to lower the cost of his per-plate dinners from currently $3500.00 to $3.50 to get campaign donors.

Yet Obama will still win reelection in 2012.

*sigh* Obama is ever so dreamy...

He's not far enough left for me, but he'll do in a pinch.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen. Deep down you realize the republican field has too pander too far right to win the nomination. They won't be able to move back to the middle for the general.
The GOP no longer needs the "Big Tent"...
Conservatives and those independents pissed off at Obama for this shitty economy will be enough to send Obama back into the private sector.
White suburban left leaning moderates are expected to either vote GOP or sit out the election. Plus the young people who voted for Obama because of their public school teachers told them to, are now out of school and working to pay bills. They now know that this administration is doing nothing to improve the economy, wants to increase taxes, increase regulations on small business among other things.

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

Umm how can you state that when 92% of the US workforce is non-union?
You'd rather sponge off the taxpayers than work.
You have a tremendous sense of pride ,you do.
Unions ran themselves out of business.

*sigh* Obama is ever so dreamy...

He's not far enough left for me, but he'll do in a pinch.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen. Deep down you realize the republican field has too pander too far right to win the nomination. They won't be able to move back to the middle for the general.
The GOP no longer needs the "Big Tent"...
Conservatives and those independents pissed off at Obama for this shitty economy will be enough to send Obama back into the private sector.
White suburban left leaning moderates are expected to either vote GOP or sit out the election. Plus the young people who voted for Obama because of their public school teachers told them to, are now out of school and working to pay bills. They now know that this administration is doing nothing to improve the economy, wants to increase taxes, increase regulations on small business among other things.

There are hundreds of thousands of college kids that graduated that can't find JOBS--so I don't think they're going to be "thrilled" about voting for our "most intellectual--community organizer--and now amature golfer again.

$food stamp President.jpg

He wouldn't dare.

Yeah you're probably right there. I doubt there are too many union members complaining that their union dues will no longer be going to democrats. I would imagine they would much prefer those dues go to help pay for their benefits.
There's a novel idea. :cool:

The thought of workers banning together scares the ever loving crap out of the fascists, doesn't it?

Well, not to worry, kids, the unions went down the chute when FREE TRADE became the mantra of BOTH parties.

The unions got played by the DNC.

The thought of workers banning together scares the ever loving crap out of the fascists, doesn't it?
What fascists?

Oh, yeah, this is where you ignore all dictionary definitions and a huge chunk of history to score cheap political points on an anonymous internet message board to show those damn conservatives a thing or two, isn't it?

1) very wealthy
3) jealous
4) business owners

Umm how can you state that when 92% of the US workforce is non-union?
You'd rather sponge off the taxpayers than work.
You have a tremendous sense of pride ,you do.
Unions ran themselves out of business.

Only 7.2 million private sector workers belong to UNIONS. It's kind of hard to believe that most of their union dues have been going to democrat politicians--versus helping to pay for their benefits--isn't it!

Union Members Summary

Last edited:

Forum List

Back