Angry Black Mob Shuts Down Speech

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
No free speech in our institutions of "higher learning"

An “angry mob” of protesters effective shut down a speech by a pro-law enforcement scholar at Claremont McKenna College on Friday, surrounding the building, screaming obscenities and banging on windows.

Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald, who is promoting a book called The War on Cops about the Black Lives Matter movement, was forced to give her speech on livestream – to a largely empty room — and then to flee the University building under the protection of campus security when things got really scary.

Seething Mob Shuts Down Speech by Pro-Cop Writer Heather Mac Donald as Event Turns Violent

These protesters are not exercising their right to free speech, they are taking away other people's right to free speech.

We need to start clearing these streets.

These protesters are not exercising their right to free speech, they are taking away other people's right to free speech.

We need to start clearing these streets.
Thanks to Obama and the Democrats....the kind of things that happen every day in Syria are beginning to happen here.
I think that was the plan all along.

An “angry mob” of protesters effective shut down a speech by a pro-law enforcement scholar at Claremont McKenna College on Friday, surrounding the building, screaming obscenities and banging on windows.

Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald, who is promoting a book called The War on Cops about the Black Lives Matter movement, was forced to give her speech on livestream – to a largely empty room — and then to flee the University building under the protection of campus security when things got really scary.

Seething Mob Shuts Down Speech by Pro-Cop Writer Heather Mac Donald as Event Turns Violent

I really don't know why leftists think this is going to have anything but negative effects for them in the long-term. Anyone who's been married for a while can tell you that the longer someone shouts and harangues you, the more indifferent and even hostile you get toward it, and the faster the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

The backlash that's building up to this crap is going to be huge, and sadly, black people who want nothing to do with these uncivilized cretins are likely going to end up suffering right along with them.

I really don't know why leftists think this is going to have anything but negative effects for them in the long-term. Anyone who's been married for a while can tell you that the longer someone shouts and harangues you, the more indifferent and even hostile you get toward it, and the faster the law of diminishing returns kicks in. The backlash that's building up to this crap is going to be huge, and sadly, black people who want nothing to do with these uncivilized cretins are likely going to end up suffering right along with them.
:clap:
Bingo.

I just don't know how the Left doesn't see this, and I've just concluded that their ideology has so clouded their judgement that they're blind to it. That's what ideology does.

At the same time, there's another element at play here as well. I always assumed that this stuff was just their weird attempt at improving things. But it finally occurred to me that this isn't about improving anything, it's about payback.

When I realized that, the behaviors made much more sense.

Last edited:
I really don't know why leftists think this is going to have anything but negative effects for them in the long-term. Anyone who's been married for a while can tell you that the longer someone shouts and harangues you, the more indifferent and even hostile you get toward it, and the faster the law of diminishing returns kicks in. The backlash that's building up to this crap is going to be huge, and sadly, black people who want nothing to do with these uncivilized cretins are likely going to end up suffering right along with them.
Bingo.

I just don't know how the Left doesn't see this, and I've just concluded that their ideology has so clouded their judgement that they're blind to it. That's what ideology does.

At the same time, there's another element at play here as well. I always assumed that this stuff was just their weird attempt at improving things. But it finally occurred to me that this isn't about improving anything, it's about payback.

To the extent that leftists think or care about improvement, they are defining it as "forcing the world to conform to our vision". So there's that, too. And yeah, payback for daring to disagree with their vision is obviously going to be necessary.

Looks like the protesters wanted it more :dunno:

No, it was that there are more of them on a college campus. Like a civil rights activist trying to speak at a Klan rally.

Bingo.

They figure that demographic shift will give them the numbers so that even if Middle America is sick of them, it won't matter because the new, exciting Minority America will back then, and they will win all the fights, whether they be political or literal.

So much for Free Speech.

Kind of funny considering your sig line...

Bingo.

It's why genuine liberals left the Democratic Party a long time ago, especially after the 'super delegate rule' was implemented; it's effectively a brownshirt 'Party' that represents no one but lunatics and the elites who manipulate them. Academia is even worse.

Bingo.

They figure that demographic shift will give them the numbers so that even if Middle America is sick of them, it won't matter because the new, exciting Minority America will back then, and they will win all the fights, whether they be political or literal.
Precisely. Therefore they don't need to improve or heal anything. They'll just have their payback, and that's all that matters.

Bingo.

Precisely. Therefore they don't need to improve or heal anything. They'll just have their payback, and that's all that matters.

And they think that that will build a future that they want to live in.

Bingo.

It's why genuine liberals left the Democratic Party a long time ago, especially after the 'super delegate rule' was implemented; it's effectively a brownshirt 'Party' that represents no one but lunatics and the elites who manipulate them. Academia is even worse.
There are still traditional, decent liberals out there, but they've been drowned out by the Regressive Left, which is NOT liberal.

They're a distortion, a mutation.

lent

anyone who thinks a hack like Heather McDonald is a scholar is part of the problem.

I get a little bored about hearing that there is a "war on police' when people complain about their use of excessive force against civilians, usually civilians of color.

lent

anyone who thinks a hack like Heather McDonald is a scholar is part of the problem.

I get a little bored about hearing that there is a "war on police' when people complain about their use of excessive force against civilians, usually civilians of color.
Ah ha, even more race card. Great!

lent

Your usual fascist tendencies always come out.

Forum List

Back