Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

The bill was NOT significantly changed. This is the disgusting. Jon Stewart says that the Republican Party has never met a war they didn't like, or a veteran they won't screw over. He's right.

You wonder why the military has so much trouble recruiting these days, well this is why. You promise vets you'll look after them and then you don't. I wish I could say our government is better, but we don't have the greatest record on taking care of our vets either.

This is not a partisan issue. We OWE these people what we promised when they signed up. Our freedoms and security depends on them, and the government uses them, and sends them into danger, and then when they get hurt, they're denied care.

Shameful.

Fuck Jon Stewart. He's the cheerleader for the radical left Democrats, always eager to gin up resentment by lying to his gullible knee-jerk reactive audience. He pimps out the DNC's talking points in a low-brow and unintelligent manner so his slavish followers can understand, creating resentment toward anyone who doesn't agree with the Donkey Cult.

If you don't believe me, just look at the post above mine. That is the result of the brainwashing being carried out on gullible patrons, by the likes of Jon Stewart and The View. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before their brain damaged Troglodyte viewers line up for a Dixie Cup full of cyanide-spiked Kool Aid.

Fuck Jon Stewart. He's the cheerleader for the radical left Democrats, always eager to gin up resentment by lying to his gullible knee-jerk reactive audience. He pimps out the DNC's talking points in a low-brow and unintelligent manner so his slavish followers can understand, creating resentment toward anyone who doesn't agree with the Donkey Cult.

If you don't believe me, just look at the post above mine. That is the result of the brainwashing being carried out on gullible patrons, by the likes of Jon Stewart and The View. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before their brain damaged Troglodyte viewers line up for a Dixie Cup full of cyanide-spiked Kool Aid.
Stewert is a tireless supporter of both Veterans and 911 first responders.

Of course you hate him

Why do you expect soldiers to put themselvs in harms way when you dont look after them after ?

This is something that should just happen without a vote.

Keep in mind that Republican Richard Nixon made a secret deal that extended the Vietnam war another another four years, that cost an additional 20,000 troops their lives.

And lets not forget Republican Ronald Reagan secret deal with Iran to hold on to the hostages, to hurt Carters reelection, for weapons and money, and legitimacy to the new government.

And how quickly we forget Trump and Republicans $154 billion cut to veterans benefits and services, to help pay for their billionaire tax cut scam. Or the four dead Green Berets in Africa, that has been swept under the rug. And what deal did he make behind closed doors in Saudi Arabia, and Helsinki with Putin, when the interpreters were sent out of the room?

10 Thing to know about burn pits, and the GOP Senators blocked a bipartisan bill that would expand health care access for military veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.

Lol, the media hyped it up so now lefties care about veterans.
Do any of you tards wonder why it was voted down? Have you even BOTHERED to find out why?
Of course not.
Morons.

Lol, the media hyped it up so now lefties care about veterans.
Do any of you tards wonder why it was voted down? Have you even BOTHERED to find out why?
Of course not.
Morons.

I have a feeling what happened was something like this:

The cowardly repub party does it again. They were so upset with the apparent Dem victory with the reconciliation bill that they screwed the veterans. Here are the cowards who changed their vote to "NO!"

https://www.businessinsider.com/41-gop-senators-block-healthcare-bill-for-veterans-exposed-to-toxins-2022-7

Here are the 41 Republican senators who opposed the bill:

John Barrasso of Wyoming

Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming

Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee

Bill Hagerty of Tennessee

Josh Hawley of Missouri

Roy Blunt of Missouri

Mike Braun of Indiana

Todd Young of Indiana

Richard Burr of North Carolina

Thom Tillis of North Carolina

Bill Cassidy of Louisiana

John Kennedy of Louisiana

John Cornyn of Texas

Ted Cruz of Texas

Tom Cotton of Arkansas

Dan Sullivan of Arkansas

Kevin Cramer of North Dakota

Steve Daines of Montana

Joni Ernst of Iowa

Deb Fischer of Nebraska

Ben Sasse of Nebraska

Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi

Roger Wicker of Mississippi

Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma

James Lankford of Oklahoma

Ron Johnson of Wisconsin

Mike Lee of Utah

Mitt Romney of Utah

Roger Marshall of Kansas

Mitch McConnell of Kentucky

Rand Paul of Kentucky

Rob Portman of Ohio

Mike Crapo of Idaho

James Risch of Idaho

Mike Rounds of South Dakota

John Thune of South Dakota

Rick Scott of Florida

Tim Scott of South Carolina

Richard Shelby of Alabama

Tommy Tuberville of Alabama

Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania

then every bit of the money in that bill should go to those vets....every penny....
Mitch is pissing on your leg and telling you it is raining. He knows, most Americans are ignorant as to how the federal budgeting process works. If he was seriously concerned about the money actually going to the veterans he would have supported switching spending from "discretionary" to "mandatory".

See, much of federal spending is "mandatory" spending. The Social Security administration tops the list. But "mandatory" spending is also involved with things like the FDIC, unemployment compensation, and yes, Mitch's pension. And of course, the VA.

The bill made the spending on the treatment of Veterans suffering from medical conditions caused by the toxic fumes of burned waste MANDATORY. So yes, that is the only way to insure the money actually went to the veterans. If it were "discretionary", well then some yahoo future president could come along, proclaim an emergency, and confiscate that "discretionary" funding for other uses, like, say, building a stupid ass wall. I mean it is a fool me once fool me twice kind of thing.

McConnell either just don't want to give Democrats any victory, even if it harms veterans in the process. Or, he wants those funds to be classified as discretionary so he can tap them for some other purpose later on, after perhaps taking the Senate. Probably both. This excuse he is trotting out is insulting in its sheer audacity and extortion of public ignorance. But he shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that neither He, nor his party, give two shits about anything or anyone other than themselves and attaining power.

Which has nothing to do with Republicans screwing over Vets
Just more lies. No one is screwing over vets in your Porkopolis bill. You pieces of shit try to cram pork in every bill to line your pockets with, and then label your bills with some bleeding heart label while you rob the very people you claim to want to help.

When someone with common sense uncovers your scam, then you demonize the responsible fiscally conservative decision and begin spewing propaganda and spin about it.

You are the very definition of Orwell's Ministry of Truth. All you do is LIE.

You are all going to burn in Hell eventually. I just hope God gives me a pack of matches to help light the fire.

LoL!

OK, here's my point:

Why would the Senate Democrats have voted overwhelmingly, hand in hand with their Republican colleagues, for this bill without the mandator spending move, if it is so vital? Are House Dems that much smarter than the ones in the Senate?

(Rhetorical question, this time)
Now, make your point. You tell us the answer. Let all the crazy out. Then, we can scrutinize your assumptions in your questions and your speculation in your answer.

But the facts will still remain.
Oh, I thought you knew and just didn't want to admit it.

I still think that, actually.

But, I'll be happy to state the obvious: The Senate Democrats would not have voted overwhelmingly for the original bill, if it was missing some vital element or was deeply flawed. The Senate Democrats voted for a bill that could have bi-partisan support and then the House Democrats inserted a poison pill in it.

Notice how so many non-libs on here guessed immediately and correctly that that was what had happened? Then I found it with a simple google search.

If the Democrats cared about vets, they would take that part out, so the bill could go to Biden.

Oh, I thought you knew and just didn't want to admit it.

I still think that, actually.

But, I'll be happy to state the obvious: The Senate Democrats would not have voted overwhelmingly for the original bill, if it was missing some vital element or was deeply flawed. The Senate Democrats voted for a bill that could have bi-partisan support and then the House Democrats inserted a poison pill in it.

Notice how so many non-libs on here guessed immediately and correctly that that was what had happened? Then I found it with a simple google search.

If the Democrats cared about vets, they would take that part out, so the bill could go to Biden.
There is no poison pill jerk offs

The funding portion is the same now as when those asshole Republicans voted FOR IT

They’re posted that reconciliation got passed and they’re punishing sick Vets because of it

There is no poison pill jerk offs

The funding portion is the same now as when those asshole Republicans voted FOR IT

They’re posted that reconciliation got passed and they’re punishing sick Vets because of it
Evidence?

I don't know when the change was done. But it was changed.

If you really cared about vets, you would be attacking the leftards who put a poison pill into a vet bill.

But you don't. You are supporting those people's play, by pushign the false idea that this was a vote against vets by the republicans.

You leftards play political games, to get these political points so that your partisans can throw shit, and the vets get fucked, and you support it.
Look, I will prove precisely what I previously stated.

That is a comparative print showing the differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. Just a scratch out of a statement about "other purposes" at the beginning and a scratch out deep within the text of the non taxability of buy-out agreements for doctors treating the vets.

Now here is what all the caterwalling is about,

Immediately upon enactment of the Sergeant First Class Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics Act of 2022, expenses authorized to be appropriated to the Fund in subsection (c) shall be estimated for fiscal year 2023 and each subsequent fiscal year and treated as budget authority that is considered to be direct spending

Direct spending, that means precisely what many of you are clamoring about. It is not "discretionary" and would be "locked away", only to be spent on the care of those veterans every year.

Furthermore, there is no additional spending items in the entire bill, unless you count the water problem at Camp Lejeune. The entire bill is devoted to the VA. McConnell is a LIAR. Like I said, he is pissing on your leg and telling you it is raining.

Forum List

Back