and this is why we can't have nice laws

If you want a bolt action or lever action rifle, I don't care if it looks scary or not. Shoot, you could make it look like Marvin the Martian's Space Discombobulator, and I wouldn't care as long as it was bolt or lever action.

Semi automatic rifles? Don't see much use for them because the main reason I use a gun is for hunting and the AR 15 doesn't have the stopping power needed for big game. Bolt action British 308 is what I used for hunting.

Semi automatic handguns? Sure, they are useful for home defense, but you don't need a clip that holds more than 10 rounds.

If you need to throw more than 10 rounds downrange, then maybe you should spend more time at the range.
except just because you don't see a need doesn't mean that's the baseline all should follow. there's going to have to be some compromise and trust built up here before anything ever gets done.

that won't happen when you have people screaming at a bolt action .22

Actually, I'm using common sense. A bolt action rifle is more accurate and has more stopping power than a semi automatic AR 15. And, for those of you who say you need it for home defense, quick question...............have you ever actually tried to go from room to room with your AR 15 in your house? Getting through doorways can be a bit of a hassle unless you are well trained, so a semi automatic handgun would be much more efficient for home defense.

And, I also believe that anything that makes a semi automatic fire like a full automatic (bump stocks in particular) should be banned. The only ones that actually need weapons with the ability to go full auto is the military and possibly the police.

Gawd...an AR 15 is a great defense weapon. LOL You posted that same crap before

If you believe the "AR15 is a great defense weapon", you need some serious time at the range.

AR 15 defense - Google Search

many professionals disagree with you.

bugger off.

Once again Lugnut has ventured into a thread with no idea what it's all about

If you want a bolt action or lever action rifle, I don't care if it looks scary or not. Shoot, you could make it look like Marvin the Martian's Space Discombobulator, and I wouldn't care as long as it was bolt or lever action.

Semi automatic rifles? Don't see much use for them because the main reason I use a gun is for hunting and the AR 15 doesn't have the stopping power needed for big game. Bolt action British 308 is what I used for hunting.

Semi automatic handguns? Sure, they are useful for home defense, but you don't need a clip that holds more than 10 rounds.

If you need to throw more than 10 rounds downrange, then maybe you should spend more time at the range.
except just because you don't see a need doesn't mean that's the baseline all should follow. there's going to have to be some compromise and trust built up here before anything ever gets done.

Actually, I'm using common sense. A bolt action rifle is more accurate and has more stopping power than a semi automatic AR 15. And, for those of you who say you need it for home defense, quick question...............have you ever actually tried to go from room to room with your AR 15 in your house? Getting through doorways can be a bit of a hassle unless you are well trained, so a semi automatic handgun would be much more efficient for home defense.

And, I also believe that anything that makes a semi automatic fire like a full automatic (bump stocks in particular) should be banned. The only ones that actually need weapons with the ability to go full auto is the military and possibly the police.

If you believe the "AR15 is a great defense weapon", you need some serious time at the range.

This little boy must've taken your advice:

Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars

Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

Really? A great defense weapon? Considering that most doorways are only around 34 inches wide, as well as the fact that most AR 15's are around 30 inches long, when you have it in firing position on your shoulder, your movement through a doorway is restricted and you have to maneuver through, taking your weapon off of your target.

If you have a handgun? Much better for home defense, because it is much easier to keep your sights on the target as you go through a doorway.

Save it, you're another one that seems to be a bit flummoxed. But you do tell some great whoppers

and thats a huge part of why we can't do "common sense"

they are after automatic rifles. great, they're gone. agreed a bit much.

now semi-automatic. when they discover the mean looking rifles are not automatic, they now want "whatever it is" banned and can't for the life of you tell you why. they say a good bolt action and shotgun are all you need.

til the bolt action looks mean and now we raise an uproar to bitch at something they simply don't understand.

bolt action least powerful rifle out there and they are pissed it exists.

but no, they're not coming for our guns.

automatic rifles are illegal.

if you own one we should forward your post and info to the FBI.

Really? A great defense weapon? Considering that most doorways are only around 34 inches wide, as well as the fact that most AR 15's are around 30 inches long, when you have it in firing position on your shoulder, your movement through a doorway is restricted and you have to maneuver through, taking your weapon off of your target.

If you have a handgun? Much better for home defense, because it is much easier to keep your sights on the target as you go through a doorway.
we're now talking preference and easy to see you two disagree. if someone is breaking into my house i'll grab whatever i have handy but right now they're in the attic so i'll need to ask for a timeout or grab the judge i have brought now.

now a .45 chunk of lead or a .410 shotgun would do well here also but if someone wants to use an AR, their call.

This little boy must've taken your advice:

Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

See? Defense ,....thank you very much

and thats a huge part of why we can't do "common sense"

they are after automatic rifles. great, they're gone. agreed a bit much.

now semi-automatic. when they discover the mean looking rifles are not automatic, they now want "whatever it is" banned and can't for the life of you tell you why. they say a good bolt action and shotgun are all you need.

til the bolt action looks mean and now we raise an uproar to bitch at something they simply don't understand.

bolt action least powerful rifle out there and they are pissed it exists.

but no, they're not coming for our guns.

automatic rifles are illegal.

if you own one we should forward your post and info to the FBI.
speaking of clueless.

no one in this thread said otherwise so drive through please.

A semi automatic is more accurate?
hmmmm not so much.
I would say its what you (as an individual) are more comfortable with. Accuracy has any number of variables, breathing, aiming, trigger squeeze, cheek to stock (in cases of long guns) muscle control, trigger finger (not the same as trigger squeeze,) adrenaline factor, muscle fatigue, eyesight, and ability to acquire a target.
I would be much more comfortable with my AR for home defense, than I would with a semi automatic pistol. Simply due to the amount of training I had for my 21+ years in the army. I prefer it over a pistol.

The reason we have the 2nd a isn't based on hunting. It had nothing to do with hunting, ever, so your argument of no need..... doesn't wash.

Shannon Watts is part of the problem, clueless, ill informed and full of hyperbole
^ ironic

Oh look it's Metamucil Man trolling again. Pound sand you fcking old retard

You probably can't tell the difference either and would shit yourself at the sight of a Nerf gun

Adam-Savage-tactical-nerf-rifle.jpg

Ooooh nice build
Creaming? I like the "Nerf" logo......:lol:

Forum List

Back