And the "Lie of the Year" goes to.............

He made a blanket statement to the american people that if they liked thier plan, they could keep it. It was not the case. It was his law, created by his people, and they KNEW what was going to happen, yet he lied to sell the law.

IT WAS A LIE.

again, your spin just keeps getting dumber and dumber, its approaching truthmatters dumb at this point.

Since you've admitted that he didn't lie to you, you have verified that his statement was not completely untrue.

You are obviously not familiar with Politifacts categories. I suggest you go to their site and review, and stop making a fool of yourself for the thousandth time.

Mitt Romey's Jeep kefluffle didnt affect me either, yet I have a feeling you are JUST FINE with that being the lie of the year, as you are a cheap dime store hack.

HE LIED, and your spin does nothing to change that.

Romney's lie wasn't directed at you. Romney's lie did not have a grain of truth in. Obama's statement was about 90% true.

A statement that is at least 90% true can hardly be the lie of the year.

To most Americans, by far, the statement was true.

So if a plane crashes while landing and 90% of the passengers live, do we call it a successful flight ?

You win worst analogy of the year. I'm not denying that the president's statement was not completely true;

you people are denying that it was mostly true. Began is denying that it was partly true while admitting that it was true in his case. That's proof enough that I'm right.
Oh stop, will ya ?

Obama made the claim numerous times, and he did so knowing it wasn't true. He made the claim in order to ease the fears of many Americans who were concerned how Obamacare would impact their healthcare plans.
Obama lied, it's now time to hand the awards out.

Since you've admitted that he didn't lie to you, you have verified that his statement was not completely untrue.

You are obviously not familiar with Politifacts categories. I suggest you go to their site and review, and stop making a fool of yourself for the thousandth time.

Mitt Romey's Jeep kefluffle didnt affect me either, yet I have a feeling you are JUST FINE with that being the lie of the year, as you are a cheap dime store hack.

HE LIED, and your spin does nothing to change that.

Romney's lie wasn't directed at you. Romney's lie did not have a grain of truth in. Obama's statement was about 90% true.

Its "90% true" until the employer based insurance mandate kicks in, and all those requirments kick in. STILL spinning like a moron.

Obama's lie was directed at everyone, once it was untrue for even a subset of the public, IT WAS A LIE.

Too bad the right doesnt believe information that comes from Politifact

Its the overall indication that even a left leaning partisan group such as politifact has to fess up and say Obama lied, because it is so freaking obvious to everyone except the spongified obama-bots.

Its the overall indication that even a left leaning partisan group such as politifact has to fess up and say Obama lied, because it is so freaking obvious to everyone except the spongified obama-bots.

I thought they are all in Obama's pockets. Guess you're batting a 1000

I've heard it said that a half truth is a whole lie. I think this applies just as well to this 90% truth.

I beleive it will be mush less than 90% as Obamacare continues to kick in. We are just getting started.

What is worse is not the fact that Obama lied to Americans.

He lied to DEMOCRATS!

Not a single Republican voted for Obamacare and had no intention of voting for a law that is the single worst legislation passed in the history of our country.

He lied to people like Carby, and of course, Carby has to deny it because it exposes his inability to think independently.

Its batting 1.000, know your baseball references when you use them.

They are not in Obama's pockets, they are journalists, and are more than likely progressive statists, and thus fans of whatever Obama and his minions cook up.

It was not true at all. This "it was so for 90% of the people" is itself a lie. They can continue their plans short term only because they meet the guidelines. It has nothing to do with whether they like them or not. Every plan is subject to cancellation due to Obamacare. That makes his statement a lie. And he knew it was a lie. And the pols who repeated it either knew it was a lie or were too stupid to figure out the truth for themselves. ANd they need to go.
No, I think NYCarobplant thinks it's OK for pols to lie, as long as its for their side. It isnt about right and wrong anymore. It's about right and left.

Politifact is a couple of years late calling this a lie. Now that Obama has his second term it doesn't matter so much that the MSM is calling it a lie.

This should make you Obamabots/Democrats proud

the guy you picked for President is awarded the LIE OF THE YEAR

the rest of us are ashamed of the guy and all his lies and we also get to PAY for his new GOVERNMENT expansion called, OScamCare

Last edited:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on Bush and the republicans.

Trying ti thik like a democrat.

They are not in Obama's pockets, they are journalists, and are more than likely progressive statists, and thus fans of whatever Obama and his minions cook up.

Except they just named his statement as lie of the year? At some point you have to understand that your logic doesnt make sense. They cant both be in his pocket and do whatever he says AND call his statement lie of the year and both are true.

Both cant be true even in your mind..

Except they just named his statement as lie of the year? At some point you have to understand that your logic doesnt make sense. They cant both be in his pocket and do whatever he says AND call his statement lie of the year and both are true.

Ill try to keep this simple. The issue politifact had was this lie was so obvious and so complete that they couldn't spin it, as hard as they tried to (and they did). Nycarb is buying into the spin to protect his Obamabuddy.

Politifact tries to keep up the sheen of impartiaility, but like most of the MSM, they are Obama fans, both personally of him, and of his policies. They do thier best to clean up the messes left by democratic policies, but on this one, even they realized there was not spin possible.

He didnt say "for 90% of you if you like your plan you can keep your plan"

he said "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, PERIOD."

It was a lie, and all your spin cannot stop it from being a lie.

By Politifact's own measurements, the statement was 'mostly true'. Did you lose your healthcare plan?

My gosh does obama let you up for air, ot do you enjoy bring beloe his belt that much?

Ill try to keep this simple. The issue politifact had was this lie was so obvious and so complete that they couldn't spin it, as hard as they tried to (and they did). Nycarb is buying into the spin to protect his Obamabuddy.

Politifact tries to keep up the sheen of impartiaility, but like most of the MSM, they are Obama fans, both personally of him, and of his policies. They do thier best to clean up the messes left by democratic policies, but on this one, even they realized there was not spin possible.

Got it. Politifact HAD TO say this was the lie of the year because....BECAUSE! And they are Fans of Obama and COULDNT spin it because.....BECAUSE!

Usually fans excuse the behavior of the people they are fans of but not politifact because....Just because!

It all makes so much sense......to no one

Got it. Politifact HAD TO say this was the lie of the year because....BECAUSE! And they are Fans of Obama and COULDNT spin it because.....BECAUSE!

Usually fans excuse the behavior of the people they are fans of but not politifact because....Just because!

It makes perfect sense to those not dulled by political hackery, such as youself.

Baa like the sheep you are. Baaaaaaaa.

It makes perfect sense to those not dulled by political hackery, such as youself.

Baa like the sheep you are. Baaaaaaaa.

I like you, you're a deep thinker that employs animal noises in a debate like the great scholars of our time

Forum List

Back