And people wonder why I say you should never believe a cop.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
People online, and friend in RL instead of Cyber often argue with me about how the cops are doing a basically good job. I argue that if you have to lie about it, you aren’t doing a good job. One of the odd things is how often the stories of the police fail to match the video once it is finally released. Today’s example is a man who died in the San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Jail.

SLO County Jail inmate died naked on the floor as deputies watched, chilling video shows

The Deputies had this man strapped to a chair for two days. The Coroner ruled it natural causes, a blood clot broke free of his leg and stopped his heart. The Sheriff told us that the man had been found unconscious and was constantly under the supervision of medical personnel. Well, that wasn’t exactly true, in fact, it wasn’t true at all. There were two truths in the statement of the Sheriff. The man was a diagnosed mental patient. And he died. There ended the truths.

The heartless bastards wearing badges joked and laughed as the poor man lay dying on their floor. They had killed him, slowly, painfully, agonizingly, and were laughing about it. The Sheriff’s Department and the county settled with the family of the deceased for five million dollars. If you wonder why, go to the page, and watch the videos. Any jury made up of anyone but fellow cops would have asked the judge what was the maximum amount of money that could be awarded in punitive damages.

I keep hearing about the vast majority of good cops, but save for a handful of examples each year, I can find no evidence of this vast majority. But we see at least several hundred of these types of stories, where corruption, lies, and barbarities are the norm. Somehow the tiny percentage of “bad cops” are exceptionally busy and somehow never discovered until the video is released to the public, then the dedicated police forces are valiantly investigating the wrongdoing, and will have it wrapped up in a year or two.

Tie your child to a chair for a day, and you’ll spend years in prison. Tie a prisoner to a chair for two days, and you were just following procedure. They never let the man up to go to the toilet. If you can’t handle the mental patient, get him transferred to the psych hospital, where they can medicate him and manage him. Tying the poor soul to a chair and watching him die is not an answer. If you needed a policy to tell you that was a bad idea, then you have no damned business with any sort of authority over anything more alive than a broom. You aren’t even human enough to be entrusted with the question “do you want fries with that?”.

This was not natural causes. This was a barbaric torture unto death conducted by inhuman monsters worthy only of our mutual disgust.

As you say you hear about several hundred. I suspect half of those are lies but let it be so. There are 760,000 sworn public officers in the us. That means less than 1% are in the spotlight. Far less.
Ignorant bastard.

You should never believe any agent of the government be it federal state or local because while it is illegal for you to lie to them they can all lie to you with impunity

As you say you hear about several hundred. I suspect half of those are lies but let it be so. There are 760,000 sworn public officers in the us. That means less than 1% are in the spotlight. Far less.
Ignorant bastard.

Great. Help me out here. Watch the video, and tell me where the good cops were? You know, the ones who said we shouldn’t leave a guy strapped to a chair for two days. Or the ones who would tell the jackasses joking and laughing while their victim lay dying to shut the hell up? Where were these good cops? How in the world did they manage to put only the handful of bad cops on this one assignment over a two day stretch? Three shifts, for two days, and not one good cop came forward?

So where are these good cops we hear about? Or are you going to suggest that the Sheriff’s Department in San Luis Obispo just happened to have every single one of their crappy deputies on this one assignment by random chance?

That’s the rub when that excuse is made. You can’t find one good cop in the entire bunch. Not one who did the right thing, not one who stood up and said this was wrong.

Of course, if that cop had gotten a paper cut while writing a report you would probably beat your chest and decry how dangerous it is to be a cop and how we need to slobber all over while showing our appreciation. Pfui.

If you can’t handle the mental patient, get him transferred to the psych hospital, where they can medicate him and manage him.

That doesn't exist. Not in the form that you think it does otherwise that is where he would have more than likely been. Here is a thought, get off your ass and start focusing on opening up beds at psych wards and be willing to have the expense covered by the general public. Until you do that, the mentally ill will continue to go to jail.

`
Cops can legally lie.
`
`

1274350159063.gif

If only people stood up for mental illness as much as they did for their personal high, we might get shit done.

If you can’t handle the mental patient, get him transferred to the psych hospital, where they can medicate him and manage him.

That doesn't exist. Not in the form that you think it does otherwise that is where he would have more than likely been. Here is a thought, get off your ass and start focusing on opening up beds at psych wards and be willing to have the expense covered by the general public. Until you do that, the mentally ill will continue to go to jail.

Right. It actually has more to do with money. California has the same laws as Florida for involuntary mental commitment. The 72 hour hold. You see if the guy is in jail the county pays for the detainment to the sheriffs. If he is in the insane asylum the sheriffs are charged. It comes out of their budget.

I loved this story from Kentucky. Police in Kentucky Town Ship Mentally Ill Man to Florida, Defying Judge’s Order

Right. It actually has more to do with money. California has the same laws as Florida for involuntary mental commitment. The 72 hour hold. You see if the guy is in jail the county pays for the detainment to the sheriffs. If he is in the insane asylum the sheriffs are charged. It comes out of their budget.

I loved this story from Kentucky. Police in Kentucky Town Ship Mentally Ill Man to Florida, Defying Judge’s Order
As much as I love this one
Man captures video of "patient dumping" outside Baltimore hospital - CBS News

You have to have more beds available. The hospitals don't pay property taxes. The name of the game is to treat and release. Don't want the mentally ill in jails? The jails don't want them either. That means you have to force the alternative.

You have to have more beds available. The hospitals don't pay property taxes. The name of the game is to treat and release. Don't want the mentally ill in jails? The jails don't want them either. That means you have to force the alternative.

California state mental hospital bed rates.

http://www.dsh.ca.gov/About_Us/docs/Hospital_Bed_Rates-Rates.pdf?=1206

About ten times what the sheriffs are paid per prisoner.

California state mental hospital bed rates.

http://www.dsh.ca.gov/About_Us/docs/Hospital_Bed_Rates-Rates.pdf?=1206

About ten times what the sheriffs are paid per prisoner.

Are you familiar with patient dumping of the homeless or those with no insurance?

Fun filled fact. You can't diagnosis someone under the age of 18 as schizophrenic. At the age of 18 kids no longer receive services. Getting a bed has to meet a certain criteria---usually homicidal or suicidal. First you have to qualify.
So, they shoot them up with drugs and then release them. Give them some prescriptions and send them on their way.

Do they get the prescriptions filled? Not usually. They don't like the medication.

Even so, these folks need lifelong care and that doesn't exist.

People online, and friend in RL instead of Cyber often argue with me about how the cops are doing a basically good job. I argue that if you have to lie about it, you aren’t doing a good job. One of the odd things is how often the stories of the police fail to match the video once it is finally released. Today’s example is a man who died in the San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Jail.

SLO County Jail inmate died naked on the floor as deputies watched, chilling video shows

The Deputies had this man strapped to a chair for two days. The Coroner ruled it natural causes, a blood clot broke free of his leg and stopped his heart. The Sheriff told us that the man had been found unconscious and was constantly under the supervision of medical personnel. Well, that wasn’t exactly true, in fact, it wasn’t true at all. There were two truths in the statement of the Sheriff. The man was a diagnosed mental patient. And he died. There ended the truths.

The heartless bastards wearing badges joked and laughed as the poor man lay dying on their floor. They had killed him, slowly, painfully, agonizingly, and were laughing about it. The Sheriff’s Department and the county settled with the family of the deceased for five million dollars. If you wonder why, go to the page, and watch the videos. Any jury made up of anyone but fellow cops would have asked the judge what was the maximum amount of money that could be awarded in punitive damages.

I keep hearing about the vast majority of good cops, but save for a handful of examples each year, I can find no evidence of this vast majority. But we see at least several hundred of these types of stories, where corruption, lies, and barbarities are the norm. Somehow the tiny percentage of “bad cops” are exceptionally busy and somehow never discovered until the video is released to the public, then the dedicated police forces are valiantly investigating the wrongdoing, and will have it wrapped up in a year or two.

Tie your child to a chair for a day, and you’ll spend years in prison. Tie a prisoner to a chair for two days, and you were just following procedure. They never let the man up to go to the toilet. If you can’t handle the mental patient, get him transferred to the psych hospital, where they can medicate him and manage him. Tying the poor soul to a chair and watching him die is not an answer. If you needed a policy to tell you that was a bad idea, then you have no damned business with any sort of authority over anything more alive than a broom. You aren’t even human enough to be entrusted with the question “do you want fries with that?”.

This was not natural causes. This was a barbaric torture unto death conducted by inhuman monsters worthy only of our mutual disgust.
Every company/agency has its crappy representatives and police departments are no exception.
Your statement of "no evidence of this vast majority" of good cops, is laughable. You speak as though you have travelled the entire US, visiting with most police personnel all over. You live in "a town/city," and encounter only a few actual cops in your daily life.
The encounters with "all" the cops I have interacted with, including those who have issued me traffic citations, have been cordial.
If you personally are not committing crimes, committing traffic violations, not giving the cops attitude, or just not confronting them, they don't bother you.
If you are pulled over, you are technically, being "detained," albeit temporarily and must cooperate. When they ask you for your license and registration, you hand it over. It's that simple. You don't start giving them, "lip." and expect the situation to not escalate in a negative way. You have the right to ask why you were being pulled over and the officer will inform you as to the reason. But, do it pleasantly, or expect things to go south from there. If you disagree with the reason you were pulled over and ticketed, sign the ticket and challenge it in court.
If you're using illegal drugs, expect to be arrested. The cops don't make the laws, but they are mandated to enforce all of them, not ignoring those which you disagree with.
Also, if you are using illegal drugs, you have made a conscious decision that the use of such drugs versus the risk of being caught and arrested, is acceptable and shouldn't bitch if arrested.
If you are part of a group of people protesting and violating the law (i.e., blocking traffic flow, breaking windows, turning over cars, striking people), don't expect the cops to be kindly and to not get harmed as you are being herded and arrested. Some injuries occur.
Personally, if someone was a thief or some other form of criminal, I would have no objection to that person getting "roughed-up" a bit. Criminals are crappy worthless citizens of whom I have no respect for and this nation has become too soft on them.

Forum List

Back