And just like that….SVB is bailed out

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Huh, didn’t Yellen just say that we aren’t going to bail them out? I guess that doesn’t include paying all the depositors their uninsured money.

Now, we the taxpayers, just covered all the non-FDIC insured deposts:

F9AC958C-E61B-43D2-9E9A-21051C600C84.jpeg

Last edited:
Huh, didn’t Yellen just say that we aren’t going to bail them out? I guess that doesn’t include paying all the depositors their uninsured money.

Now, we the taxpayers, just covered all the non-FDIC insured deposts:

View attachment 765120
I guess it depends on your definition of "bailout"
Management is gone
Investors lose it all
Unsecured creditors may lose all

But the depositors money is safe and it won't cost $1 to the US taxpayer.

I guess it depends on your definition of "bailout"
Management is gone
Investors lose it all
Unsecured creditors may lose all

But the depositors money is safe and it won't cost $1 to the US taxpayer.

Huh? The bank did not have enough funds to pay off all depositors? Where does extra money come from?

Last edited:
Shareholders and unsecured debt holders won't be covered.

I think SVB had enough in bonds salted away which will be taken to cover the rest. That's why there won't be a cost to the taxpayer.

Maybe this was the problem
jan 22
SVB ESG
Innovative company-focused financial services firm Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) announced today a new sustainable finance commitment, pledging to provide at least $5 billion in loans, investments and other financing to support sustainability efforts by 2027. According to SVB, its sustainable finance initiative aims to support companies that are working to decarbonize the energy and infrastructure industries and hasten the transition to a sustainable, net zero emissions economy in several related sectors.
SVB also announced a target to achieve carbon neutral operations by 2025.

It's problematic that the Fed doesn't have an explicit theory of how raising interest rates slows demands to fight inflation. By causing some banks to fail in a way that costs people their jobs? Apparently not like that! Exclusively through construction layoffs? Why?

Forum List

Back