Ancient message in Genesis to the world

Isaiah 45:1 is about Cyrus... Anointed.. Emmanuel.

Isaiah was entitled to his opinion. The mother of
Cyrus named him CYRUS---not Emmanuel. Various
jews have had HEROES over the millennia -----generally rulers who did not murder them. Franz
Josef of the Austrian-Hapsburg Kingdom was another
HERO for jews

Isaiah was entitled to his opinion. The mother of
Cyrus named him CYRUS---not Emmanuel. Various
jews have had HEROES over the millennia -----generally rulers who did not murder them. Franz
Josef of the Austrian-Hapsburg Kingdom was another
HERO for jews

Emmanuel means God is with us.

I think it's Isaiah 7:14.
oh!!! that mistranslation ALMAH is not "virgin"
uhm.....used alone it can mean "widow" ----when
those levites sang------it would be FALSETTO.
So the mother of Cyrus was a young woman and
she named him IMMANUEL? Yaldah is a little girl.
Naarah is something like a teenaged girl----I think
that Bachurah implies unmarried. Betulah is virgin

oh!!! that mistranslation ALMAH is not "virgin"
uhm.....used alone it can mean "widow" ----when
those levites sang------it would be FALSETTO.
So the mother of Cyrus was a young woman and
she named him IMMANUEL? Yaldah is a little girl.
Naarah is something like a teenaged girl----I think
that Bachurah implies unmarried. Betulah is virgin

I think everyone is aware of the meaning of Almah.

Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”​

In Genesis before the Great Flood, men lived to around a thousand years. In fact, the oldest living man in Genesis was Methuselah at 969.

But after the Great Flood men only lived no more than around 120 years. This, according to the text in Genesis.

So what is the message here? God felt the need to destroy mankind because of the great evil man had succumb to over the years. One of the solutions seems to have been to limit the life span of men.

You may not believe the story, but the message is in plain view, and hard to argue. For example, Hillter only lived about 50 years and look at the damage he did to the world.

This seems to have kept things in check in terms of helping to preserve the human race. However, we are warned again in Revelation that evil will again flourish like it did in the days of Noah, and God will again have to directly intervene to save mankind. My guess is that technology will enable evil men to reach beyond the grave to continue their legacy of evil.

So whether you believe the story or not, that is the message being given and one that is hard to argue with. Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.
Silly. Humans never lived that long.

Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”​

In Genesis before the Great Flood, men lived to around a thousand years. In fact, the oldest living man in Genesis was Methuselah at 969.

But after the Great Flood men only lived no more than around 120 years. This, according to the text in Genesis.

So what is the message here? God felt the need to destroy mankind because of the great evil man had succumb to over the years. One of the solutions seems to have been to limit the life span of men.

You may not believe the story, but the message is in plain view, and hard to argue. For example, Hillter only lived about 50 years and look at the damage he did to the world.

This seems to have kept things in check in terms of helping to preserve the human race. However, we are warned again in Revelation that evil will again flourish like it did in the days of Noah, and God will again have to directly intervene to save mankind. My guess is that technology will enable evil men to reach beyond the grave to continue their legacy of evil.

So whether you believe the story or not, that is the message being given and one that is hard to argue with. Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.

You take Adam and Eve literally? Really?
Of course! The sun blocked the death rays it produces by a water cloud in space until Noah's Flood. As the flood ended, there was a lot of clouds still around for a long time. Noah was still able to live 120 years. As the water evaporated and the clouds lessened, the age of man continued to go down.

/——-/ They didn’t count years the same as we do today. A lunar cycle could be considered a year to some. In that case a 1000 (months) years would be 83 years to us.

The author of Genesis was trying to convey something by writing the ages of people who lived back then.

In Genesis, it is written that before the flood people lived to close to a thousand years, but after the flood they did not live past 120 years.

What was being conveyed is obvious. Men who were evil were made worse by their extended lives, so God shortened the lives of man, most likely by altering the atmosphere after the flood.

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant, but at least try to understand the point of the author.

Just imagine how much damage a man like Hitler could have done living a thousand years. He half destroyed the world in only about 50 years.

Forum List

Back