An interesting development in the "pardon" charade...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Some of us have speculated that the Arpaio pardon was a "silent" assurance to the long list of Trump former and current staff that if they were ever indicted for their misdeeds, they need NOT worry since Trump could always pardon them also.

Perhaps foreseeing this underhanded plan of Trump to further obstruct the course of justice (to save his own sorry orange hide), Mueller, as the clever prosecutor that he is, is now teaming up with New York state's AG to possibly eventually bring charges against these "people of interest" in STATE courts; probably prompting the convening of yet another grand jury in NY..

Now, unbeknownst to many of us, a president CANNOT pardon a conviction that was ruled in a state's court....only federal courts.

This may then place the fear right back on the spines of those witnesses who will be called to testify under oath, that the pardon option may no longer apply as a "get out of jail free" card...

Interesting.

Some of us have speculated that the Arpaio pardon was a "silent" assurance to the long list of Trump former and current staff that if they were ever indicted for their misdeeds, they need NOT worry since Trump could always pardon them also.

Perhaps foreseeing this underhanded plan of Trump to further obstruct the course of justice (to save his own sorry orange hide), Mueller, as the clever prosecutor that he is, is now teaming up with New York state's AG to possibly eventually bring charges against these "people of interest" in STATE courts; probably prompting the convening of yet another grand jury in NY..

Now, unbeknownst to many of us, a president CANNOT pardon a conviction that was ruled in a state's court....only federal courts.

This may then place the fear right back on the spines of those witnesses who will be called to testify under oath, that the pardon option may no longer apply as a "get out of jail free" card...

Interesting.
It seems like I told you about 3 or 4 times that a president can only pardon federal crimes. It's the governor of a state that pardons state crimes. I told you this a few times already.

This is why Trump was able to pardon Arpaio to begin with. obama sent dozens of civil rights attorneys to Arizona to discover or make up charges. Eric Holder personally undertook the Arpaio investigation. The one thing obama was not going to trust was faking state crime charges that would be pardoned by a republican governor. So he made up federal charges, denied Arpaio trial by jury and found a rubber stamp judge. Simple. The only thing the demofarts never considered was a republican president interested in undoing obama's damage.

Now does it make sense?

Making the case against Arpaio even weaker is that MILLIONS was spent on "getting" the Sheriff. All they could make up were some weak misdemeanor accusations that could scrape by with a maximum six month sentence. And this is the demofart crime of the century.

No wonder they are becoming the butt of their own jokes.

• Banned
It seems like I told you about 3 or 4 times that a president can only pardon federal crimes. It's the governor of a state that pardons state crimes. I told you this a few times already.

Tipsy....you're more tipsy than usual.....

First, the above has NOTHING to do with REFUTING my post....actually you're fucking agreeing with it.

Second, who the hell pays any attention to your stupidity and drivel?

Last edited:
So what you are saying anything they can do to get Trump is just fine. Perhaps you haven't heard, but I guarantee that all the people called have by now, their testimony at the grand jury can be I refuse to answer that question. The only way to compel testimony is through immunity. Now, thanks to you and Mueller, that is off the table since every state would have to grant immunity as well as the Feds.

Every underhanded trick you come up with sitting there fantasizing about Trump going just makes it more unlikely.

• Banned
Foreseeing that some right wingers will contend that Manafort (or Flynn, or Kushner, etc.) haven't done anything wrong in New York, residency is a factor....Regarding crooked Manafort......

.The probe by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, one of the most outspoken critics of the president, is in a preliminary stage, according to a person familiar with the matter who asked not to be named because the investigation isn’t public. Manafort, who ran Trump’s campaign from April to August last year, has owned property in the Hamptons and Trump Tower in Manhattan.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is also in the early stages of an investigation into Manafort’s transactions, a person familiar with that probe said. Representatives for Schneiderman and Vance declined to comment.

The inquiries by the two Democrats could pose added legal peril for Manafort if investigators find evidence of a crime. Unlike a probe by the US Justice Department and FBI, the president and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have no authority over New York state investigators scrutinizing whether Manafort broke state laws. Schneiderman is responsible for enforcing New York’s securities laws under the Martin Act, which gives him broad powers to pursue white-collar crime.

New York officials said to be probing former Trump aide Paul Manafort’s real-estate deals - The Boston Globe

• Banned
Making the case against Arpaio even weaker is that MILLIONS was spent on "getting" the Sheriff. All they could make up were some weak misdemeanor accusations that could scrape by with a maximum six month sentence. And this is the demofart crime of the century.

Moron...stop your stupidity THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT racist Arpaio...Stop your "tipsiness"

Tipsy....you're more tipsy than usual.....

First, the above has NOTHING to do with REFUTING my post....actually you fucking agree with it.

Second, who the hell pays any attention to your stupidity and drivel?
Obviously YOU do.

Your post is just more what ifs and what abouts. You had no idea in the world that there was a difference between governor pardons and presidential pardons. So stop pretending when you already put it out there.

The charges against Arpaio were phony to begin with. This has nothing to do with what's going on in New York.

Zomfggggggg

Manafort owns property in NY, therefore PUTIN.....

How did we miss this???

So what you are saying anything they can do to get Trump is just fine. Perhaps you haven't heard, but I guarantee that all the people called have by now, their testimony at the grand jury can be I refuse to answer that question. The only way to compel testimony is through immunity. Now, thanks to you and Mueller, that is off the table since every state would have to grant immunity as well as the Feds.

Every underhanded trick you come up with sitting there fantasizing about Trump going just makes it more unlikely.

No, what he's saying is there is something called " the rule of law". Even the president is not above it.

Perhaps you haven't heard, but I guarantee that all the people called have by now, their testimony at the grand jury can be I refuse to answer that question.

I realize that English is a tough language, but what the hell is that above sentence.???

(BTW, as long as I have YOUR "guarantee", then ereything is fine.....LOL)

Moron...stop your stupidity THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT racist Arpaio...Stop your "tipsiness"

You mean that you don't even know what YOU wrote? Okay, what you wrote is not what you mean to say. You didn't intend to talk about the pardon process, it just fell out of your fingers.

Sorry. I should have known better.

No wonder they are becoming the butt of their own jokes.

Making the case even stronger was the amount of county taxes paid to investigate Obama's Hawaiin Birth Certficate, while the sheriff refused to investigate cases of rape and child molestation.

Interesting.
Those cases will all be thrown out of court because they will have no legal basis to issue any warrants. What's the probable cause? The whining of petulant left-wing cockroaches doesn't constitute probable cause. Fishing expeditions like the ones you describe are patently unconstitutional.

Last edited:
Your post is just more what ifs and what abouts. You had no idea in the world that there was a difference between governor pardons and presidential pardons. So stop pretending when you already put it out there.

Go to bed you lunatic......LOL

Poor Natalie, she's self soothing again........

The TDS is strong in this one - at least 5 threads a day about TRUMP!!!! TRUMP!!!!!TRUMP!!!!!

:rofl:

dy5859e3df.gif

No, what he's saying is there is something called " the rule of law". Even the president is not above it.
Wrong. He's admitting that Mewler and his douche bag defenders don't give a damn about the rule of law. They want to take down anyone in the Trump administration they can, and they don't care if they have to wipe their ass on the Constitution to do it.

Foreseeing that some right wingers will contend that Manafort (or Flynn, or Kushner, etc.) haven't done anything wrong in New York, residency is a factor....Regarding crooked Manafort......

.The probe by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, one of the most outspoken critics of the president, is in a preliminary stage, according to a person familiar with the matter who asked not to be named because the investigation isn’t public. Manafort, who ran Trump’s campaign from April to August last year, has owned property in the Hamptons and Trump Tower in Manhattan.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. is also in the early stages of an investigation into Manafort’s transactions, a person familiar with that probe said. Representatives for Schneiderman and Vance declined to comment.

The inquiries by the two Democrats could pose added legal peril for Manafort if investigators find evidence of a crime. Unlike a probe by the US Justice Department and FBI, the president and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have no authority over New York state investigators scrutinizing whether Manafort broke state laws. Schneiderman is responsible for enforcing New York’s securities laws under the Martin Act, which gives him broad powers to pursue white-collar crime.

New York officials said to be probing former Trump aide Paul Manafort’s real-estate deals - The Boston Globe
What's the probable cause for issuing any warrants?

Forum List

Back