An idiot who makes tiny monthly payments doesn't understand why her student debt is getting bigger instead of smaller

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
This math illiterate person is yet another example of how it's too easy to get into college. Since she graduated, she's been making teeny tiny monthly payments on her student debt, and she doesn't seem to understand why her balance has been getting bigger instead of smaller. It should be illegal for people this dumb to get a student loan.

Meet a 30-year-old with $110,000 in student debt who chose her job in hopes of public-service loan forgiveness — but her balance just keeps growing

Meet a 30-year-old with $110,000 in student debt who chose her job in hopes of public-service loan forgiveness — but her balance just keeps growing​

October 30, 2022

Despite working through college and taking measures to cut down on the cost, Laine completed her degree in 2014 with a grand total of $98,000 in debt from her undergraduate and graduate studies. In the eight years since, accruing interest has brought her balance to today's amount, despite her consistent repayment.

She went on to a "dream school" for a master's in journalism, still working part time and leaving with an additional $80,000 in debt in 2014. At the end of her time in school, she was hospitalized for dehydration after she said she ran herself ragged.

Despite consistent payments, the years since graduation have seen Laine's debt grow.

"I was paying $300 until the pandemic hit. I was paying $300 a month, I think, for three to four years, and my balances never went down," she said. "They always went up."

This math illiterate person is yet another example of how it's too easy to get into college. Since she graduated, she's been making teeny tiny monthly payments on her student debt, and she doesn't seem to understand why her balance has been getting bigger instead of smaller. It should be illegal for people this dumb to get a student loan.

Meet a 30-year-old with $110,000 in student debt who chose her job in hopes of public-service loan forgiveness — but her balance just keeps growing

Meet a 30-year-old with $110,000 in student debt who chose her job in hopes of public-service loan forgiveness — but her balance just keeps growing​

October 30, 2022

Despite working through college and taking measures to cut down on the cost, Laine completed her degree in 2014 with a grand total of $98,000 in debt from her undergraduate and graduate studies. In the eight years since, accruing interest has brought her balance to today's amount, despite her consistent repayment.

She went on to a "dream school" for a master's in journalism, still working part time and leaving with an additional $80,000 in debt in 2014. At the end of her time in school, she was hospitalized for dehydration after she said she ran herself ragged.

Despite consistent payments, the years since graduation have seen Laine's debt grow.

"I was paying $300 until the pandemic hit. I was paying $300 a month, I think, for three to four years, and my balances never went down," she said. "They always went up."

Dumbass should have studied math and finance

October 30, 2022

Economics should be a mandatory class in high school. Too many kids don't know about credit and debt

October 30, 2022

What kind of interest rate did this moron have?

The story doesn't indicate what colleges she graduated from and charged her so much that she would never be able to repay the loans.

That would have been useful information, I don't know why this gal- who is supposed to be an expert in journalism- wouldn't mention it.

Most of her debt is because she attended a "dream school" for an advanced degree in journalism.

If its such a "Dream school" , why couldn't she land a dream job after getting the degree? Sounds like she was sold a bill of goods, particularly considering the price. The college, so it seems, took advantage of someone who is sort of stupid.

Hard to believe these people are so smart and joy-filled when it comes to chasing down the loans they want.

But when it comes time to pay the money back, they suddenly try to look like pathetic little victims.

They're fucking deadbeats. They wanted the money. Now it's time to man up and pay it back. Fuck these deadbeats.

Last edited:
Got her number?

A college should NOT charge so much damn money for tuition. Let those greedy people help her find a better job, it's not everyone else's responsibility to help with that. It's the least they can do

Forum List

Back