CDZ An idea regarding the American media

What I am sure of is that this decay will continue if we don't try to stop it. And that will often lead to government jumping in, and I don't want that. We need ideas, collaboration and innovation to effectively deal with this (and many other issues), and it appears we have lost that skill set.
It's ironic that what's needed to have said ideas, collaboration and innovation is an informed populous. Which is the problem itself.

lol left wing media has certainly done away with informing anybody since the 1980's. They're some of the most ignorant people in this country, but that doesn't matter, since they're all just propaganda peddlers anyway and don't need to know anything.

What did obama do that the average American citizen would consider negative?
Funding terrorism and the iranian nuclear weapons program

stoking the fire of racial discord

Destroying the health insurance of 200 million Americans

and stocking the Deep State with loyal obama flunkies
No no no, I meant real things, not crap dreamed up for you by the RWNJ infotainment sites.

Lets compare negatives, list 5 things that were said about Obama or Biden in his first week in office. then five things said about trump in his first week in office. then lets check each negative for either fact or propaganda. DOUBLE DARE YOU.

shame on me for failing to agree with you and Mac1958

Not necessarily for disagreeing with me but shamed for allowing yourself to believe in things that are factually wrong.

For example, your right-wing propaganda managed to convince you that there was no destruction during the 1/6 riot.

The same can be said of left-wing media downplaying or flat-out lying. Both sides clearly present a bias to their base and alter the way a story is presented based on what their base wants to hear.

I’m sorry you were unable to understand my point.
You said I can say anything I want as long as you do not consider it to be a lie

But if you do choose to label it a lie I should not be allowed to say it

I understand you perfectly

This could be a pretty interesting conversation if we can stay calm and focused.

Point 1 - We have a serious and growing problem in this country with a media (across the ideological spectrum) that has (deservedly, in my opinion) lost the trust of the American people.
And for good reason. The fake news media, on a daily basis, disseminates crude defamatory anti-USA propaganda.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC you have posted several links here at USMB to such fake news on multiple occasions.

Can you admit to that much, and apologize to the USMB forum, or are you still in denial?

-nyt -wapo -guardian -usatoday -bbc -ap -reuters -cnn -nbc -abc -cbs -fox -npr -theatlantic -vox -buzzfeed

Boycott fake news.

Last edited:
But if you do choose to label it a lie I should not be allowed to say it

I understand you perfectly

Ok. Let me make this as clear as I can.

I think you should be allowed to say anything you want with the exception of anything that would currently be considered illegal (yelling fire in a movie theater, threatening to murder people, etc.)

Included in the things I think you should be allowed to say, is things that I consider lies. I don’t think your speech should be limited just because I disagree with it.

Nothing I’ve stated in this thread indicates that I think your ability to express yourself should be limited. I know this because I don’t believe in this. If you believe that I said anything indicating this, then you misunderstood me.

I hope that helps. I’ve tried to clarify that as best I can.

What I am sure of is that this decay will continue if we don't try to stop it. And that will often lead to government jumping in, and I don't want that. We need ideas, collaboration and innovation to effectively deal with this (and many other issues), and it appears we have lost that skill set.
It's ironic that what's needed to have said ideas, collaboration and innovation is an informed populous. Which is the problem itself.
The media itself feeds in to that. We now have a large segment of the populace that is getting a distorted, incomplete, intellectually dishonest view of reality (from both ends) and thinking it's "the truth" without questioning it. If they report something in a way that doesn't comport with our worldview, we change the channel. We don't want to know.

We have another large segment that cares far more about who won "Dancing With The Stars" than anything going on at any level of government, who wouldn't be able to answer the most simple of civics questions if their life depended on it.

Self-inflicted wound, as usual. We've become fat, lazy, spoiled and entitled, we've dropped our standards into the gutter, and this is the predictable outcome.

Last edited:
Included in the things I think you should be allowed to say, is things that I consider lies. I don’t think your speech should be limited just because I disagree with it.
Thsts your cover story

but have you protested FaceBook and Twitter silencing trump or trump supporters on their platforms?

no, of course you havent

so you are for speech control but you want others to do the dirty work for you

What is needed is an informed populace. What we actually have is a media dedicated to keeping us uninformed.

Media is #2 on the list....

Unless we can pry the schools from them, as earlier American pried their slaves from them.....America is lost.

Just cut your TV viewing time in half, get busy doing things, talk with friends & family, bet you will become more relaxed.

there was no vandalism or looting aka destruction of property that we know of”
That was written within hours of the event

If you will review all my posts you will see a different opinion

Correct. So, contrary to what you previously said, you did in fact say that there was no destruction.

Once again, how is it that I knew there was destruction within hours of the event but you were lead to believe that there was no destruction hours after the event? Immediately after you made the false claim that there was no destruction, I corrected you showing you direct footage of destruction. I had seen this footage. Why hadn't you?

You were aware of the event but unaware of the destruction. Your right-wing propaganda failed to inform you of the destruction that took place hours ago. You were only aware of the shade of truth that your right-wing media informed you of and it caused you to make a claim that was a flat-out lie. There was in fact destruction.

Forum List

Back