Amy Coney Barrett releases GREAT opening statement for Confirmation hearing, DEMS FLIP

Watching the hearings now. Is Grassley high, or having a stroke? The man is damn near incomprehensible.

Ageism rears its ugly head.

He's old. He's struggling with the technology needed to do a Zoom meeting.

Why do you hate old non-technical people?

All he's doing is reading from a page. No technology involved for his part.

Take it up with the state of Iowa. They elected him, you didn't.

No, I didn't elect him. I'm from Texas where we elect the stupidest and most unqualified politicians you can imagine. When it comes to shitty politicians WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!

You have my sympathy.
I read the oral argument of the Whole Women's Health v. Hellerstedt case, in which the Texas politicians tried to defend their restrictions on women's clinics on the grounds that they were necessary for safety reasons, notwithstanding the amicus briefs of several national medical associations stating that such restrictions were unnecessary. It was shocking that the justices deemed "conservative" asked the Texas solicitor general only questions regarding legal procedure, and asked absolutely nothing about the substance of the law, how it operates, and what affects it had. It appears that their personal opinions got in the way of their doing their jobs. The solicitor general even told the justices that women in the areas of Texas who could not get to the few clinics that were in compliance with the restrictions could go to New Mexico, which does not have these restrictions, throwing his "safety" argument out. Barrett's nomination raises important questions as to whether she could be an impartial justice.

I'm now searching online for the court filings of the cases in which Abbott is being challenged for his order limiting ballot boxes to one per county. I would like to read the arguments that Abbott and the rest of his fellow crazies advance as to why this order is necessary. I suspect that they are the usual garbage about voter fraud, which never has been supported by any evidence.

You poor souls have been gerrymandered to the point at which you are subjected to an established authoritarian government run by insane persons.

Watching the hearings now. Is Grassley high, or having a stroke? The man is damn near incomprehensible.

No, I didn't elect him. I'm from Texas where we elect the stupidest and most unqualified politicians you can imagine. When it comes to shitty politicians WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!

You have my sympathy.
I read the oral argument of the Whole Women's Health v. Hellerstedt case, in which the Texas politicians tried to defend their restrictions on women's clinics on the grounds that they were necessary for safety reasons, notwithstanding the amicus briefs of several national medical associations stating that such restrictions were unnecessary. It was shocking that the justices deemed "conservative" asked the Texas solicitor general only questions regarding legal procedure, and asked absolutely nothing about the substance of the law, how it operates, and what affects it had. It appears that their personal opinions got in the way of their doing their jobs. The solicitor general even told the justices that women in the areas of Texas who could not get to the few clinics that were in compliance with the restrictions could go to New Mexico, which does not have these restrictions, throwing his "safety" argument out. Barrett's nomination raises important questions as to whether she could be an impartial justice.

I'm now searching online for the court filings of the cases in which Abbott is being challenged for his order limiting ballot boxes to one per county. I would like to read the arguments that Abbott and the rest of his fellow crazies advance as to why this order is necessary. I suspect that they are the usual garbage about voter fraud, which never has been supported by any evidence.

You poor souls have been gerrymandered to the point at which you are subjected to an established authoritarian government run by insane persons.

Yes, but that change is coming.

Remember when the confirmation hearings used to be about whether or not a nominated candidate was qualified?

Me neither.

They're pushing the ACA only because the issue of "But muh abortions" would make them look stupid. Barrett is a woman and pushing the Roe vs. Wade angle would contradict their "It's my body" argument they always play against a male.

Except that it wouldn't. She still has her body and can do what she wishes with it. She just doesn't understand this fact. Neither do you. I know people who decided to complete their pregnancies, one of whom had a grave medical condition that resulted in a very dangerous birth. A decision can go either way. Whether to proceed with a pregnancy or not simply is not an issue for government/politicians to be involved in.

in 2016, I voted for the presidential election winner (Trump) in large part because I wanted HIM to nominate Supreme Court Justices and Not Hitlary.

Anybody else?

sounds like what beijing xiden does. you can relate, im sure

I feel like Democrats are trying to threaten her with the Obama care.. this is Horrible somebody arrest these Democrats for trying to threaten this woman
They are trying to get her to rule on Obamacare before she ever hears the merits of the case. This is flat out wrong to do...
They should Renounce antifa before they go into this hearing.. Because you’re basically saying the mob is going to be outside your door if you disagree with us

Comeon Meat Curtain. You know that is bullshit.
she could answer that after beijing xiden answers if its intention is to pack the court. demonrats are asswipes for thinking they are the only ones who can play hard ball.. guess what......

You have my sympathy.

we were set up......

Republican should read all the black babies that have been shot in their district over the past year.. Since Democrats want to pretend they care about peoples lives

Republican should read all the black babies that have been shot in their district over the past year.. Since Democrats want to pretend they care about peoples lives

Except for one thing: The Democrats would grab that and run with their "gun control" narrative again.

It's always the poor gun's fault. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back