Ammo cans

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Just picked up another dozen ammo cans.
While they arent exactly cheap they're bad ass!!! New seals and new paint.
I had already purchases 6 of em and was impressed with the quality so I picked up a dozen more.
They're great for storing everything from ammo to seasonings and shooting supplies!
They go for 36 bucks a can.

1620254100130.png

I had already purchases 6 of em and was impressed with the quality so I picked up a dozen more.
They're great for storing everything from ammo to seasonings and shooting supplies!

View attachment 487424
I just received one with 1080 rounds of 30 cal. carbine.

$36? They better be the large size at that price. There's .30 cal, .50 cal and 40mm sizes. I call 'em small, medium and large.

And I buy plastic ones, in small size, for $2.99. They seal against water just as well, and they don't rust. Sure, they would burn in a fire, but how often are your ammo boxes in a fire?

View attachment 487424

USGI or Chinese knockoffs? Hate to say it, but those Chinese make a decent ammo can. All of mine are surplus but I've seen the Chinese-made cans in Wally World.

$36? They better be the large size at that price. There's .30 cal, .50 cal and 40mm sizes. I call 'em small, medium and large.

And I buy plastic ones, in small size, for $2.99. They seal against water just as well, and they don't rust. Sure, they would burn in a fire, but how often are your ammo boxes in a fire?

They hold over 1k rounds of 5.56....
I have some of the plastic ammo cans and they dont even compare. The only thing I use those for is shit I really dont care about.

I have some of the plastic ammo cans and they dont even compare. The only thing I use those for is shit I really dont care about.

The plastic ones are good for holding Coleman lamp parts, bolts, nuts, and screws, or dildos. I do have one large 13" by 8" MCM Casegard box that I got from a yard sale, but it has 2500 pieces of mixed .223/5.56 brass that I found somewhere. The damned 5.56 is USGI, so the primers were crimped.

The plastic ones are good for holding Coleman lamp parts, bolts, nuts, and screws, or dildos. I do have one large 13" by 8" MCM Casegard box that I got from a yard sale, but it has 2500 pieces of mixed .223/5.56 brass that I found somewhere. The damned 5.56 is USGI, so the primers were crimped.

I used one of the plastic cans to make a camp shower with hot water.

Attachments

• 8FBD6F8F-A9E8-4AE6-B45A-8B9AFB1FFE71.jpeg
    8FBD6F8F-A9E8-4AE6-B45A-8B9AFB1FFE71.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 43B6C6EE-2AE0-4BB0-ACA3-D3400272DD18.jpeg
    43B6C6EE-2AE0-4BB0-ACA3-D3400272DD18.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 27
I have several dozen GI ammo cans for my long term storage ammo fort.

However, I use these plastic ones from Bass Pro Shop for range ammo.

Forum List

Back