Amir Locke's Death Should Incense Anyone Who Cares About Gun Rights

The incident has not a damn thing to do with gun rights or with “no knock” warrants. It has everything to do with some cop reacting very badly to seeing a guy with a gun in his hand. The training that cop received failed to train him properly to hold fire.

It appears to be a “bad” shoot. It appears to be a great basis for a whopping lawsuit. It is still a cluster I I and a tragedy. That man shouldn’t be dead. I conclude that this was a training issue.

The incident has not a damn thing to do with gun rights or with “no knock” warrants. It has everything to do with some cop reacting very badly to seeing a guy with a gun in his hand. The training that cop received failed to train him properly to hold fire.

It appears to be a “bad” shoot. It appears to be a great basis for a whopping lawsuit. It is still a cluster I I and a tragedy. That man shouldn’t be dead. I conclude that this was a training issue.

It's an issue with lying also. The mayor lied about no knock raids and the police chief lied about what happened.

It's an issue with lying also. The mayor lied about no knock raids and the police chief lied about what happened.
Wgaf what they said after the fact? What actually happened was a bad shoot. A tragedy. This shit incident involved the use of an no knock warrant. Big deal. I think they shouldn’t be granted so readily. But it isn’t the basis for this awful incident. A bad shoot is.

Wgaf what they said after the fact? What actually happened was a bad shoot. A tragedy. This shit incident involved the use of an no knock warrant. Big deal. I think they shouldn’t be granted so readily. But it isn’t the basis for this awful incident. A bad shoot is.

If the mayor hadn't have lied none of it wouldn't have happened.

No, it is decades of learning the wrong lessons in Police Work. Decades of applying the wrong lessons.

No matter how many tragic outcomes have resulted, the police will not step back and ask why. Like you, they just say it is a tragic situation. It is why the “war on cops” thing is going on. And why change is being forced on the police by the Legislatures, and Courts.

The cops need to start leading the Reform issue, before they are steamrolled by it.
Certainly not the courts that issue lawless no knock ‘warrants’ in violation of the Fourth Amendment.

Those courts are as culpable as the police who kill innocent citizens.

Nonsense. Any lie by the mayor after the incident would have no impact on the prior incident.

The lie by the mayor was before this.

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - Speaking with Minneapolis City Council members on Monday, Mayor Jacob Frey seemed to admit his campaign made some inaccurate statements when it came to a policy change on "no-knock" search warrants before the death of Amir Locke.

Amir Locke shooting: Mayor Frey admits campaign claims didn't reflect 'no-knock' warrant change

He needs recalled.

The dude came up from under the sheets with a gun. They were screaming Police all the way down the hallway.
What the fuck were the Police supposed to do?
images (1).jpeg

How would you react in that millisecond?

He may not have been on the warrant, but his cousin certainly was, and was considered a credible threat.

The dude came up from under the sheets with a gun. They were screaming Police all the way down the hallway.
What the fuck were the Police supposed to do?View attachment 601140
How would you react in that millisecond?

He may not have been on the warrant, but his cousin certainly was, and was considered a credible threat.

They killed him for legally owning a gun.

So screw consequences for the murder suspect they were after, and screw justice for the survivors of his victim.
Got it.

They caught him. They didn't by breaking into people's homes. They were on a wild goose chase.

From Reason, the Libertarian source.​

Amir Locke's Death Should Incense Anyone Who Cares About Gun Rights

The 22-year-old man was shot by a Minneapolis police officer during the execution of a no-knock warrant on which he was not named.​

An officer with the Minneapolis Police Department SWAT team shot and killed a 22-year-old man early Wednesday morning during the execution of a no-knock raid, reinvigorating debate around a law-enforcement tactic that many say is ripe for abuse.

The victim, Amir Locke, who appeared to be asleep on the couch that morning, was not named on that warrant. In a matter of about three seconds, body camera footage shows the man—buried under a thick white blanket—stirring to the sound of the cops' entry with his hand on the barrel of a firearm. Officer Mark Hanneman then shoots him three times.

*snip*

Locke's scenario should bother just about anyone who supports the right to carry a firearm. The Second Amendment does not discriminate, nor does it evaporate as soon as the government enters the premises, particularly when considering that the Founding impetus behind it was to protect against a tyrannical state.

The National Rifle Association (NRA), the country's premier gun advocacy group, has yet to make a statement on the killing. They've struggled with this before. Consider Philando Castile, who was shot and killed by St. Anthony Police Department Officer Jeronimo Yanez in 2016 during a routine traffic stop after Castile calmly indicated he had a firearm in the vehicle. (St. Anthony is a suburb of Minneapolis, located about five minutes across the Mississippi River.)

The NRA remained silent for quite a while until August 2017 when then-spokesperson Dana Loesch said that the organization declined to defend Castile because he had marijuana in his car at the time of his death. As of this writing, no NRA spokesperson has responded to Reason's request for comment.
Why would they defend a criminal shooting at cops?

The cops claimed after the shooting not only that Locke had a gun but that he pointed it at them. That doesn’t seem to be true. It seems like a bad shoot. Not 100% clear cut.

Cops often say that “it’s better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.” It’s a fucking rough job, but it shouldn’t be such a simplistic dichotomy. And all of that said, that particular victim honestly shouldn’t be dead.

The lie by the mayor was before this.

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - Speaking with Minneapolis City Council members on Monday, Mayor Jacob Frey seemed to admit his campaign made some inaccurate statements when it came to a policy change on "no-knock" search warrants before the death of Amir Locke.

Amir Locke shooting: Mayor Frey admits campaign claims didn't reflect 'no-knock' warrant change

He needs recalled.
No knock has its valid bases. But I think it is overused. And it does create additional dangers for the folks inside the subject premises.

Wipe your chin. And brush your teeth, you missed some jackboot polish.
So who do you call when someone decides to kidnap a family during a home invasion holds them hostage and threatens to kill them or others. I can see you are a brave citizen maybe we should call you or some BLM activists immediately, Believe me they'd kill you too durp!

So who do you call when someone decides to kidnap a family during a home invasion holds them hostage and threatens to kill them or others. I can see you are a brave citizen maybe we should call you or some BLM activists immediately, Believe me they'd kill you too durp!
I have no idea what you are poorly attempting to say. Do you?

Call anyone you want. Chances are the results will be equally awful.

The American record is marginally better than the Russian. Marginally better.

Forum List

Back