Amir Locke's Death Should Incense Anyone Who Cares About Gun Rights

How is this a 2nd amendment issue? The police had a lawfully obtained warrant, were in the right location, and seeking a 17 yr old murder suspect. It wasn't Locke's apartment, the police had no reason to expect him or have his name on the warrant. Looks like bad luck all the way around, for the victim and the cops just doing their job. Given the anti-police environment liberals have created, why would cops take chances? Every week we hear another story of police being gunned down. All this outrage is a red herring because the facts don't support the narrative.

Let’s deal with your points, one at a time if we could.

First, the death of a cop every week. Frankly, that is the norm. Cops have died at about that rate for decades. Seriously, in 1990 for example, 60 cops died by gunfire according to ODMP. And if you go back further, the numbers are about the same.

So the Anti-Police Narrative you credit for the deaths this year, would have had to exist in the middle of the get tough on crime era that began in the 1980’s. And that doesn’t make sense does it?

Now, why is this a Second Amendment Issue? Because Amir was not a criminal. He had no criminal record. According to his family he had a valid Concealed Weapons Permit. He had done nothing abnormal by waking and reaching for his gun as his space was invaded.

As I wrote above, those first few precious seconds as you wake, and transition from sleep, are confusing. And if you add in the shouting and motions, it is easy to understand why someone would come up shooting.

But it isn’t just those first few precious seconds. It is fairly common to have the police shoot a person with a gun in civilian clothing. Just over a week ago, one of those cops who were shot and killed, as part of the hate cops thing, was shot by another cop, and killed.

Before that, it was a Civilian who had just dispatched a baddie who was shooting at the police.

Before that it was another young man who had his weapon out in an active shooter situation at a mall. A man uninvolved, but who had pulled his gun and was directing people to safety.

Good Samaritan’s, fellow cops, innocent bystanders, all of them fall before the cops.

Now, what good is your Second Amendment right if you are subject to summary death for exercising it?

Your argument, well they had a good reason to shoot, nothing else they could have done is asinine. Imagine if we had been investigating aircraft accidents that way? Well the plane crashed, and the pilot did as well as he could, and the plane was perfect, no flaws, it was just bad luck. You wouldn’t be able to walk outside with all the planes crashing to the ground.

And if you exercise your Second Amendment Rights, and carry a weapon in public, do you realize that just by doing so you are subject to being shot and killed by police because there was nothing else they could do? How does that make you feel?

First, the death of a cop every week. Frankly, that is the norm. Cops have died at about that rate for decades. Seriously, in 1990 for example, 60 cops died by gunfire according to ODMP. And if you go back further, the numbers are about the same.

So the Anti-Police Narrative you credit for the deaths this year, would have had to exist in the middle of the get tough on crime era that began in the 1980’s. And that doesn’t make sense does it?

Now, why is this a Second Amendment Issue? Because Amir was not a criminal. He had no criminal record. According to his family he had a valid Concealed Weapons Permit. He had done nothing abnormal by waking and reaching for his gun as his space was invaded.

As I wrote above, those first few precious seconds as you wake, and transition from sleep, are confusing. And if you add in the shouting and motions, it is easy to understand why someone would come up shooting.

But it isn’t just those first few precious seconds. It is fairly common to have the police shoot a person with a gun in civilian clothing. Just over a week ago, one of those cops who were shot and killed, as part of the hate cops thing, was shot by another cop, and killed.

Before that, it was a Civilian who had just dispatched a baddie who was shooting at the police.

Before that it was another young man who had his weapon out in an active shooter situation at a mall. A man uninvolved, but who had pulled his gun and was directing people to safety.

Good Samaritan’s, fellow cops, innocent bystanders, all of them fall before the cops.

Now, what good is your Second Amendment right if you are subject to summary death for exercising it?

Your argument, well they had a good reason to shoot, nothing else they could have done is asinine. Imagine if we had been investigating aircraft accidents that way? Well the plane crashed, and the pilot did as well as he could, and the plane was perfect, no flaws, it was just bad luck. You wouldn’t be able to walk outside with all the planes crashing to the ground.

And if you exercise your Second Amendment Rights, and carry a weapon in public, do you realize that just by doing so you are subject to being shot and killed by police because there was nothing else they could do? How does that make you feel?
It's still not a Second Amendment issue. The police had a warrant, were looking for a murder suspect and encountered someone with a gun. Wrong place, wrong time for the vicitim, but that's it. All this other hoopla is simply nonsense.

It's still not a Second Amendment issue. The police had a warrant, were looking for a murder suspect and encountered someone with a gun. Wrong place, wrong time for the vicitim, but that's it. All this other hoopla is simply nonsense.

No, it is decades of learning the wrong lessons in Police Work. Decades of applying the wrong lessons.

No matter how many tragic outcomes have resulted, the police will not step back and ask why. Like you, they just say it is a tragic situation. It is why the “war on cops” thing is going on. And why change is being forced on the police by the Legislatures, and Courts.

The cops need to start leading the Reform issue, before they are steamrolled by it.

No, it is decades of learning the wrong lessons in Police Work. Decades of applying the wrong lessons.

No matter how many tragic outcomes have resulted, the police will not step back and ask why. Like you, they just say it is a tragic situation. It is why the “war on cops” thing is going on. And why change is being forced on the police by the Legislatures, and Courts.

The cops need to start leading the Reform issue, before they are steamrolled by it.
Hardly, the war on cops is all about allowing a certain group of people to not be responsible for their actions.

NOBODY gives a shit about the NRA except for leftists. I mean, its understandable. The NRA has been one of their many boogy men for decades.
The NRA org is a dysfunctional, hacked out org.
GOA is where its at.

Hardly, the war on cops is all about allowing a certain group of people to not be responsible for their actions.

Preposterous.

You equate extremes with the majority. A majority feel that some things are wrong and want change. That doesn’t mean they hate cops or want some people to get away with anything.

The problem is that people do not understand how some of these things can happen as often as they do and be considered normal. Something must be wrong.

You are taking the position that got us into this mess. Either you support the cops or you want lawlessness. Anarchy. That is an idiotic position.

That is what got us into this mess.

It is what got Chauvin convicted. It is what got three cops in Philadelphia charged with Manslaughter.

Preposterous.

You equate extremes with the majority. A majority feel that some things are wrong and want change. That doesn’t mean they hate cops or want some people to get away with anything.

The problem is that people do not understand how some of these things can happen as often as they do and be considered normal. Something must be wrong.

You are taking the position that got us into this mess. Either you support the cops or you want lawlessness. Anarchy. That is an idiotic position.

That is what got us into this mess.

It is what got Chauvin convicted. It is what got three cops in Philadelphia charged with Manslaughter.
What got us in this position is woke morons supporting thugs through misinformation and demonizing the police for doing their jobs. The threat of riots is what got Chauvin convicted, the whole show trial was ludicrous.

What's idiotic is supporting thugs and riots in any situation. Sadly that is what the left is all about these days, anything but law and order.

What got us in this position is woke morons supporting thugs through misinformation and demonizing the police for doing their jobs. The threat of riots is what got Chauvin convicted, the whole show trial was ludicrous.

What's idiotic is supporting thugs and riots in any situation. Sadly that is what the left is all about these days, anything but law and order.

Nonsense. This has been coming for decades. I’ve been predicting this for two decades.

You say law and order. For law and order, the people enforcing the law, must be obeying the law. And the police haven’t been obeying the law.

Let’s begin. In 1990, during the administration of George H. W. Bush, or Bush 41 if you prefer, there were sixty cops shot and killed in the line of duty.

Last year, we literally had 52. One a week if you prefer. So if anything, using statistics, we have it slightly safer now, than during the heyday of Get tough on crime.

But that doesn’t tell the whole story. What led to this particular tragedy? Well as I posted on page one, we started to conduct search warrants during the wee hours of the morning. This was believed to be safer for the cops. The idea was that it would give the people inside less time to react to the situation, making coordinated resistance unlikely.

The reverse is also true. It makes uncoordinated resistance likely. By uncoordinated I mean that it isn’t planned.

Amir woke to screaming and shouting. He couldn’t yet understand the words, he reacted by rising with his weapon. A totally normal, and reasonable reaction to a confusing and potentially threatening situation. The police fired when they saw the weapon. That is what they are trained to do, because that is the lessons they’ve learned, erroneously learned those lessons.

But this is a micro example of a macro problem. The problem is that the police have been trained and believe that maximum force is always the answer. And it shouldn’t be the first answer.

A comedian was telling a story. He met a girl after the show, and said he couldn’t sleep with her because he didn’t have a condom. She said no problem, if I get pregnant I’ll just get an abortion. He mocked this woman because while he was pro choice, he believed it shouldn’t be the first choice. I’m betting he banged her though, but that isn’t relevant.

There are thousands of examples of how we got here. Excesses and abuses by the police that the public is no longer willing to tolerate. They are demanding change. You focus on the extremists as if they are the ones driving this. They aren’t. If a vast majority believed as you do, then Chauvin wouldn’t have been charged much less convicted. But he was charged, and convicted, because he did it.

So who is to blame? The Public tired of excessive behavior by cops? Or the cops who do the excessive actions? Worse, the cops who excuse and cover up such excesses.

Let’s take the badge and uniform away from Chauvin for a moment. Let’s examine his record as if he was a citizen, instead of a cop. He had a dozen complaints over his career as a cop. A dozen times he was accused of excessive force and unprofessional behavior. Imagine if he was a black citizen. And he had been arrested a dozen times for beating on people. You would be screaming that the Liberals who were soft on crime were responsible for the death of Floyd because they didn’t lock up Chauvin when they had the chance.

But take it only with those half dozen instances where the complaints were substantiated. In other words, they found he had actually done those things. It would be as if he had been convicted of assault a half dozen time before the fatal day.

So who is to blame? The Police are the first ones. They had more than a dozen opportunities to change Chauvin’s behavior, or get rid of him. Instead they told him bad boy while patting him on the back. He learned there was no real consequences for violating policy or getting rough with suspects. He could get away with it, and be lauded by fellow cops for being a stand up guy, a guy you could rely on. He was a tough bad assed cop.

Then the fatal day. I could have written the script. You could have. Anyone who has seen it play out ever, could have written the script.

The Chief rushes out and says that the actions of this one officer doesn’t reflect the other fine officers who are similarly shocked. Chauvin is thrown to the wolves, after he was protected a dozen times.

Chauvin wasn’t thrown to ANTIFA, or BLM, or any of those groups. He was thrown to the average citizens. So they would continue to delude themselves into thinking that the cops just don’t do those things.

We tell our kids a lot of things. We never tell them that there is no such thing as Santa. We let them figure it out and then they play along for the younger kids. The older kids who know the truth, want to believe. They wish they were still believing. As adults, with or without kids, they put up decorations with Santa, because they decide he is a symbol of the season.

We never tell our kids that the cops are not always right. They are not the unfailing defenders of whatever. And when we see video, where a cop does something horrible. It shocks us, because we don’t expect it. We want to believe that the cops are like those on TV or Movies. Dedicated, honest, and smart. Tough enough to stop the baddies before anyone else gets hurt. Smart enough to figure it out.

With Video everywhere, if the cops were half as smart as they are supposed to be, they would have seen the changes coming. They didn’t. The cops refused to admit that the times were changing. And now they are being swamped by a Tsunami, and it is their own fault. They believed too. They believed that the majority would be like the vocal minority, like you, and find no fault in their actions, and a vast majority would always support them.

Too many “isolated incidents” have happened for the people to believe it. And the people, the majority want change. They want cops held to account. They want the cops to obey the law, as well as enforce it. They want the cops to be smart, not just tough.

Chauvin is in prison because he learned the lesson he was intended to. If you rough up a suspect, we’ll tell you bad boy and waggle our finger at you, but nothing will happen. We’ll just check the block that you were chastised, or retrained, or whatever.

They could have prevented it years ago. They could have prevented it months before it happened. Now, the cops are scrambling to figure out what the rules are, and the rules are changing daily. The old magic words just aren’t working anymore.

There is room for debate, and room to consider. Let’s begin with the practice of early morning no knock warrants.

The argument developed during the 1980’s, after we learned that the KGB had studied and found that at about three in the morning the human body reaches it’s low point. This was the ideal time to conduct a raid, and we found that the KGB was right. The humans were less alert, less coordinated. Especially if they were asleep.

That meant the odds of a successful raid, determined as one that got the evidence available before it could be destroyed, and with no injuries or deaths among cops, was much higher.

But there is a problem too. And it should be obvious to you gentle reader. That is that the person just waking up is confused, it takes time to fully awaken. The person can’t make out the words. What is this person shouting? Why are they here? Reactions are instinctive. And instinct is always fight or flight in the animals on this planet.

So while the cops are shouting the approved message, and moving quickly to secure the scene, the individuals are waking to confusing and frightening circumstances. If you think I overstate it, have a loved one remove your firearms, or render them safe before you sleep. Then have those loved ones rush you wearing black including balaclava masks, shouting and jumping on you. Make sure that your insurance is up to date, and you have your cards on you, because chances are someone is going to need medical care.

I had surgery on my hand. I woke from surgery confused, disoriented from the anesthetic. I woke combative, and the words and assurances of the nurses that everything was OK, might as well have been in Klingon. I didn’t understand. Two male orderlies were injured in the fight. I hit them with the cast encasing my hand.

I did not intend to injure anyone. I honestly had no idea what was happening, and I was fighting for my life. That was all I understood. Fortunately the surgery was conducted in a Military Hospital, and the people understood that reactions of Combat Veterans was likely to be outside the norm from time to time. I regret that people were injured, but until I was coherent enough to understand what was going on, I wasn’t really responsible, it wasn’t my fault. It was an instinctive response. Exactly the sort of response you would want, and expect in a Combat Arms soldier. Fight when your life depends on it. Fight against any odds. And fight holding nothing back. It is what we train Soldiers to do. Fight being the entire purpose of having an Army.

Since that time, I’ve warned medical personnel of this incident. Warning them that I have previously woken in extreme violence, so that they can be aware, and choose the right medications so I wake more gently, and with greater awareness as I wake. They also strap me down to insure that I won’t react with violence, if I do wake confused and in a frame of mind where fighting is vital to my survival. So far, nobody else has been hurt after surgeries.

But that waking prepared for violence is not just something that is likely with ex military. It is possible with anyone. We have seen it with several shootings of late haven’t we? People who woke to the shock and awe blitzkrieg of the Police Middle of the night warrants service.

The people don’t have time to wake up, and understand what is happening. They have seconds to react, and they react using force to defend themselves. Anyone remember Breonna Taylor?

And this reaction is a danger to police. In an effort to reduce the coordinated response, the police increase the risk of the uncoordinated response.

We have seen this scene play out, with deaths on both sides of the argument. Civilians killed because they are reacting to an immediate threat as they see it, and police killed by people who believe they are defending their home from an invasion attack.

It is time to consider the use of early morning raids. It is time to consider the no knock warrants. If they are justifiable in extreme circumstances, then only use during extreme circumstances is warranted.

If everyone is going to be out of the Apartment at two in the afternoon, why not conduct the search then? If everyone is going to be out of the House at six in the evening, then six in the evening is the time to conduct the search. The Evidence will be easier to find if there aren’t bullets flying in both directions won’t it?

Remember this wasn’t an arrest warrant. It was a search warrant. The police believed that evidence was in the apartment, somewhere. Maybe. Perhaps.

If there is no rush, why rush? Be patient, and be smart. Arrest the guy on the street if you find the evidence. Surround him and get him to surrender. But busting into the house in the wee hours hoping that he doesn’t react by shooting at you, is a small consolation if your partner is killed by a stray bullet, or lucky shot from a frightened homeowner who is otherwise not a criminal.

A young man, who according to his family, had a valid concealed weapons permit, and was otherwise a law abiding citizen, is dead. Because he reacted to what he perceived as a threat. And sadly, I would probably wake the same way. Reaching for a gun, trying to understand a situation when sleep is driven from my mind, and I’m still confused and only just waking. When action would be required, before I could have time to understand the situation, or the screaming that is going on.

There is a lot of things to consider, and we have taken too much for granted for three decades, or more, and now we are forced by circumstance to have the conversation we shou

Here's an unasked and answered question ? What was the search warrant for? I'd like to know whether op believes Police should be required to request criminals give up peacefully or engage in siege tactics to affect arrests on violent armed murderers, gang members drug dealers child molesters bank robbers, Armed carjacking suspects etc. or not bother to seek them out for the crimes they've been accused of. "People have no right to resist arrest" " but they do" violently many times. theyhave the right to face their accusers and present a vigorous defense. Victims have the right to justice under the law also. So which is it

Here's an unasked and answered question ? What was the search warrant for? I'd like to know whether op believes Police should be required to request criminals give up peacefully or engage in siege tactics to affect arrests on violent armed murderers, gang members drug dealers child molesters bank robbers, Armed carjacking suspects etc. or not bother to seek them out for the crimes they've been accused of. "People have no right to resist arrest" " but they do" violently many times. theyhave the right to face their accusers and present a vigorous defense. Victims have the right to justice under the law also. So which is it

There are a lot of questions. And we should be discussing them. Because we have been operating on many ideals as though the issues were settled.

One of the issues is with SWAT and paramilitary tactics.

Remember the raid to arrest Roger Stone. Not accused of anything violent. Not accused of any major felony. But again the SWAT tactics were used. Opponents claimed it was political. Proponents claimed it was standard procedure. And guess what? It was standard procedure.

We never asked why it was standard to send out a dozen agents in the pre dawn hours to arrest a guy who was merely accused of lying to investigators.

The reality is that the excuse for the equipment is that the LEO’s say they need it for extreme events. They proceed to use it for every event. It becomes routine.

At first. SWAT was intended to be used as a quick reaction force. A response to hostage situations. Or shootouts where the police were overmatched. And that sounds reasonable. A way to up the ante when the situation exceeded the training and capacity of the average street cop.

But then. Someone wondered why they didn’t use SWAT for the Search Warrants where the assessment showed it likely to devolve into a situation where their intervention was likely.

I mean. You are raiding the house used by a drug street gang to store weapons, money, and drugs. Why not send SWAT to those locations. It would be safer than sending regular patrol units wouldn’t it?

It didn’t take much time at all to decide that all warrants should be served by SWAT. It became the predictable. We have it. We might as well use it.

As for the time. What are they supposed to do. Let’s talk about it. During the day. Children are in school. People are at work. There are fewer innocent bystanders around to get hit by a stray bullet. You might even catch the guy headed out to get lunch. At night. Most people are home. Asleep. Bullets passing through walls can still kill them.

I don’t want to rule out early morning raids. But I think we should evaluate every situation and try to come up with a plan for that. Instead of a one size fits none approach.

Imagine if the arrest of Roger Stone had been done by two agents wearing suits. They arrest him and four agents go in to execute the search. The claim it was an excessive operation because of political nonsense would have gotten far less credence.

I believe we should start at the beginning. I think we should question everything.

From Reason, the Libertarian source.​

Amir Locke's Death Should Incense Anyone Who Cares About Gun Rights

The 22-year-old man was shot by a Minneapolis police officer during the execution of a no-knock warrant on which he was not named.​

An officer with the Minneapolis Police Department SWAT team shot and killed a 22-year-old man early Wednesday morning during the execution of a no-knock raid, reinvigorating debate around a law-enforcement tactic that many say is ripe for abuse.

The victim, Amir Locke, who appeared to be asleep on the couch that morning, was not named on that warrant. In a matter of about three seconds, body camera footage shows the man—buried under a thick white blanket—stirring to the sound of the cops' entry with his hand on the barrel of a firearm. Officer Mark Hanneman then shoots him three times.

*snip*

Locke's scenario should bother just about anyone who supports the right to carry a firearm. The Second Amendment does not discriminate, nor does it evaporate as soon as the government enters the premises, particularly when considering that the Founding impetus behind it was to protect against a tyrannical state.

The National Rifle Association (NRA), the country's premier gun advocacy group, has yet to make a statement on the killing. They've struggled with this before. Consider Philando Castile, who was shot and killed by St. Anthony Police Department Officer Jeronimo Yanez in 2016 during a routine traffic stop after Castile calmly indicated he had a firearm in the vehicle. (St. Anthony is a suburb of Minneapolis, located about five minutes across the Mississippi River.)

The NRA remained silent for quite a while until August 2017 when then-spokesperson Dana Loesch said that the organization declined to defend Castile because he had marijuana in his car at the time of his death. As of this writing, no NRA spokesperson has responded to Reason's request for comment.
Keep this on your mind, should any law enforcement come into your home, or other location: "Don't have your hand on a firearm, barrel or grip, when officers are pointing weapons at you. You will most likely die. People that shoot intruders are instructed to make sure the firearm they used to protect themselves is put down and out of reach when law enforcement arrives, as the cops don't really know who the danger is and who isn't. No knock warrants are issued when the premises they are going to enter is believed to house individuals who "may" be dangerous and they don't take any chances. All major cities have civil reveiw boards, comprised of non-law enforcement citizens that evaluate the evidence brought before them to determine whether a shooting is justified or not. If they feel that the cop that shot Amir Locke, did so illegally, that will be their determination and it will be brought before the District Attorney's office and a Grand Jury to make their decision. If found to be a wrongful shooting, the matter will go to trial and if determined to be justified, so be it.

If they won't do it for THIS, then yeah, I'd agree, they're unfit for cause. That was an execution. I don't care if the guy's name HAD been on the warrant. I guess some people will ask why he had a gun in his hand while he was sleeping but that really isn't the POINT, IS IT? He was fookin' SLEEPING in a residence he apparently had permission to be in AND was legally registered to carry.

This is the kind of insane bullshit that happens when cops are allowed - by law - to kick doors, any time of day or night, come in screaming and yelling - often abusively - and drawing down on everything that moves like they're in some made for TV drama. Nah, this cop goes to jail, the kid's family sues for a fortune but bury's a son, and in the meantime, a city burns. All because of a twitchy trigger finger on a guy who is supposed to be TRAINED to handle this kind of situation.

DISGUSTING...

I actually expect the cop to get away with it.

There is room for debate, and room to consider. Let’s begin with the practice of early morning no knock warrants.

The argument developed during the 1980’s, after we learned that the KGB had studied and found that at about three in the morning the human body reaches it’s low point. This was the ideal time to conduct a raid, and we found that the KGB was right. The humans were less alert, less coordinated. Especially if they were asleep.

That meant the odds of a successful raid, determined as one that got the evidence available before it could be destroyed, and with no injuries or deaths among cops, was much higher.

But there is a problem too. And it should be obvious to you gentle reader. That is that the person just waking up is confused, it takes time to fully awaken. The person can’t make out the words. What is this person shouting? Why are they here? Reactions are instinctive. And instinct is always fight or flight in the animals on this planet.

So while the cops are shouting the approved message, and moving quickly to secure the scene, the individuals are waking to confusing and frightening circumstances. If you think I overstate it, have a loved one remove your firearms, or render them safe before you sleep. Then have those loved ones rush you wearing black including balaclava masks, shouting and jumping on you. Make sure that your insurance is up to date, and you have your cards on you, because chances are someone is going to need medical care.

I had surgery on my hand. I woke from surgery confused, disoriented from the anesthetic. I woke combative, and the words and assurances of the nurses that everything was OK, might as well have been in Klingon. I didn’t understand. Two male orderlies were injured in the fight. I hit them with the cast encasing my hand.

I did not intend to injure anyone. I honestly had no idea what was happening, and I was fighting for my life. That was all I understood. Fortunately the surgery was conducted in a Military Hospital, and the people understood that reactions of Combat Veterans was likely to be outside the norm from time to time. I regret that people were injured, but until I was coherent enough to understand what was going on, I wasn’t really responsible, it wasn’t my fault. It was an instinctive response. Exactly the sort of response you would want, and expect in a Combat Arms soldier. Fight when your life depends on it. Fight against any odds. And fight holding nothing back. It is what we train Soldiers to do. Fight being the entire purpose of having an Army.

Since that time, I’ve warned medical personnel of this incident. Warning them that I have previously woken in extreme violence, so that they can be aware, and choose the right medications so I wake more gently, and with greater awareness as I wake. They also strap me down to insure that I won’t react with violence, if I do wake confused and in a frame of mind where fighting is vital to my survival. So far, nobody else has been hurt after surgeries.

But that waking prepared for violence is not just something that is likely with ex military. It is possible with anyone. We have seen it with several shootings of late haven’t we? People who woke to the shock and awe blitzkrieg of the Police Middle of the night warrants service.

The people don’t have time to wake up, and understand what is happening. They have seconds to react, and they react using force to defend themselves. Anyone remember Breonna Taylor?

And this reaction is a danger to police. In an effort to reduce the coordinated response, the police increase the risk of the uncoordinated response.

We have seen this scene play out, with deaths on both sides of the argument. Civilians killed because they are reacting to an immediate threat as they see it, and police killed by people who believe they are defending their home from an invasion attack.

It is time to consider the use of early morning raids. It is time to consider the no knock warrants. If they are justifiable in extreme circumstances, then only use during extreme circumstances is warranted.

If everyone is going to be out of the Apartment at two in the afternoon, why not conduct the search then? If everyone is going to be out of the House at six in the evening, then six in the evening is the time to conduct the search. The Evidence will be easier to find if there aren’t bullets flying in both directions won’t it?

Remember this wasn’t an arrest warrant. It was a search warrant. The police believed that evidence was in the apartment, somewhere. Maybe. Perhaps.

If there is no rush, why rush? Be patient, and be smart. Arrest the guy on the street if you find the evidence. Surround him and get him to surrender. But busting into the house in the wee hours hoping that he doesn’t react by shooting at you, is a small consolation if your partner is killed by a stray bullet, or lucky shot from a frightened homeowner who is otherwise not a criminal.

A young man, who according to his family, had a valid concealed weapons permit, and was otherwise a law abiding citizen, is dead. Because he reacted to what he perceived as a threat. And sadly, I would probably wake the same way. Reaching for a gun, trying to understand a situation when sleep is driven from my mind, and I’m still confused and only just waking. When action would be required, before I could have time to understand the situation, or the screaming that is going on.

There is a lot of things to consider, and we have taken too much for granted for three decades, or more, and now we are forced by circumstance to have the conversation we should have had three decades ago.

You are missing one critical point: I suspect many SWAT cops WANT people there. They WANT to terrorize people. They WANT to shove guns in people's faces. I suspect many HOPE this is the day they get to murder someone...just to watch him die. I suspect Amir Locke's killer might well have shot off in his pants. These are the same people that would get recruited to things like the SA, the SS, the NKVD or KGB, some dictator's private hit squad, a Mafia leader's leg-breakers, or a union leader's goons. They do it because they LIKE it.

It's sad that you have to make things up to try and defend what happened. You are as bad as the mayor and police chief.
He's a copsucker. There is NOTHING a cop could do that he wouldn't defend. He worships them-with religious fervor-and believes that police can do no wrong.

It makes him feel fine. Rogue AI is THAT MUCH of a police worshipper.

Wipe your chin. And brush your teeth, you missed some jackboot polish.

Forum List

Back